Jump to topic:

Trust...??

GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 4:23:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do you trust anyone? If so, who and why?
If not, who and why?

Trust is earned not given.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 4:42:17 PM
At 6/29/2014 4:23:51 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If not, who and why?

Yea, I trust you, sometimes my family, a pastor, some of my friends. You all can relate to how i feel and you try to do what's best for me. You tell me what i need to hear rather than what i want to hear and your wise in the Word even if you don't believe it. I don't trust my other pastors, friends, and other family members because some are immature, insensitive, and judgmental or simply because they don't know how to respond to the situations i'm in. I try to trust everyone because i want to bond with them all , but sometimes, it is difficult because i don't know who is really my friend and because i don't want to be lied to...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 8:42:56 PM
If not, who and why?

I trust nobody. If I need somebody to hold my wallet. I look around and assign mathematical percentages to decide who is least likely to steal and hand over my wallet to that person. I don't trust them. I don't even trust my calculations but I have to move and make a decision based on probability.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 8:45:03 PM
At 6/29/2014 8:42:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
If not, who and why?

I trust nobody. If I need somebody to hold my wallet. I look around and assign mathematical percentages to decide who is least likely to steal and hand over my wallet to that person. I don't trust them. I don't even trust my calculations but I have to move and make a decision based on probability.

Lol +1
I may or may not be a cat
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 8:46:02 PM
People i trust irl?
My best friend. That's pretty much it.

People i trust on here?
Bugsy, defro, and Annie
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 9:23:56 PM
If not, who and why?

Trust is something that exists on different thresholds for me, but the extent to which I'm willing to trust someone depends on what I'm entrusting them with. For example, details about my personal life aren't something that many people (on DDO or IRL) will ever hear about, even if they directly ask. If I've talked to you about my personal life on DDO, that's huge from me because I'm not an open book.

I'd trust most people to act in their rational self interest, to the extent I think them capable of understanding what their best interest is. Sometimes people get caught up in the heat of the moment and lose sight of what they ought to be doing, and when they do, I tend not to trust them to do anything other than cause chaos and tumult for others.

Asking people do do things for me is something I've always had a hard time with. Even when I really need help with something, I'm inclined not to reach out. I try to be helpful to others, when I'm able, but asking someone for something both inconveniences other people (which I generally try not to do, with certain exceptions) and if I've asked someone to do something I don't often want to take the chance that they will fail to complete whatever I've asked of them. That's probably the most frustrating thing, is when I've asked someone to do something -especially if it's simple- and they don't, after they've said they would. That's the kind of thing that makes me less trusting of anyone.

For me, love and trust walk hand in hand. Loving someone isn't just about sentiment, it's about being dependable. For me to say that I love someone, it means not only that I care about them deeply, but also that I trust them... and I can count on two hands the number of people -who are not relatives- that I've ever told I love them.
Tsar of DDO
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 11:25:03 PM
If not, who and why?

You answer...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 11:34:54 PM
If not, who and why?

I don't trust anyone myself. I don't even trust my own judgements at times. Simply, I question everything. I trust no one as is the reason I have no friends in RL. Though, I'd rather it be that way.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2014 11:37:23 PM
Humans are corrupt. It is simple as that. Therefore, the less people you have to deal with in your personal life, the less corruption you will encounter in your personal life.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 12:20:21 AM
I trust GodChoosesLife to help me make this world a fantastic place. If I can't trust GodChoosesLife for that, the world is sadly doomed.
Jingram994
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 3:59:47 AM
At 6/29/2014 9:23:56 PM, YYW wrote:
If not, who and why?

Trust is something that exists on different thresholds for me, but the extent to which I'm willing to trust someone depends on what I'm entrusting them with. For example, details about my personal life aren't something that many people (on DDO or IRL) will ever hear about, even if they directly ask. If I've talked to you about my personal life on DDO, that's huge from me because I'm not an open book.

I'd trust most people to act in their rational self interest, to the extent I think them capable of understanding what their best interest is. Sometimes people get caught up in the heat of the moment and lose sight of what they ought to be doing, and when they do, I tend not to trust them to do anything other than cause chaos and tumult for others.

Asking people do do things for me is something I've always had a hard time with. Even when I really need help with something, I'm inclined not to reach out. I try to be helpful to others, when I'm able, but asking someone for something both inconveniences other people (which I generally try not to do, with certain exceptions) and if I've asked someone to do something I don't often want to take the chance that they will fail to complete whatever I've asked of them. That's probably the most frustrating thing, is when I've asked someone to do something -especially if it's simple- and they don't, after they've said they would. That's the kind of thing that makes me less trusting of anyone.

For me, love and trust walk hand in hand. Loving someone isn't just about sentiment, it's about being dependable. For me to say that I love someone, it means not only that I care about them deeply, but also that I trust them... and I can count on two hands the number of people -who are not relatives- that I've ever told I love them.

+1. Very astute; that's actually pretty much exactly what I think as well.
doomswatter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 11:25:52 AM
I trust very few people, and only with certain things. I trust a few with personal information because they have proven themselves to be discreet and have also shared personal information with me. I trust a few to make wise decisions becuase they have a record of doing so. However, I trust no one absolutely, because I know that everyone is human and can make mistakes. Therefore, a certain amount of caution is wise, even with those who have earned trust.
"You are an irritating fly, and my sword is the flyswatter of your doom." - Sir Chivalot
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:14:46 PM
At 6/29/2014 4:42:17 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
If not, who and why?

Yea, I trust you, sometimes my family, a pastor, some of my friends. You all can relate to how i feel and you try to do what's best for me. You tell me what i need to hear rather than what i want to hear and your wise in the Word even if you don't believe it. I don't trust my other pastors, friends, and other family members because some are immature, insensitive, and judgmental or simply because they don't know how to respond to the situations i'm in. I try to trust everyone because i want to bond with them all , but sometimes, it is difficult because i don't know who is really my friend and because i don't want to be lied to...
Thank you for your honesty as I understand (to a degree) where your coming from. It is very hard to trust people who you thought you could trust. But there's always that one person you can trust in the end. Don't loose heart!
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:15:36 PM
If not, who and why?

Hmmmm that's understandable. Thanks for sharing.
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:16:02 PM
At 6/29/2014 8:46:02 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
People i trust irl?

People i trust on here?
Bugsy, defro, and Annie

Well that's neat! Good to hear :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:16:45 PM
At 6/29/2014 9:23:56 PM, YYW wrote:
If not, who and why?

Wow!!! Sounds like we have more in common then I thought!! I can totally understand!!
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:17:33 PM
At 6/29/2014 11:34:54 PM, Haroush wrote:
If not, who and why?

I don't trust anyone myself. I don't even trust my own judgements at times. Simply, I question everything. I trust no one as is the reason I have no friends in RL. Though, I'd rather it be that way.

That's relatable actually. But as I've said before, there's always that one person you can trust.
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:18:12 PM
At 6/30/2014 12:20:21 AM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
I trust GodChoosesLife to help me make this world a fantastic place. If I can't trust GodChoosesLife for that, the world is sadly doomed.

That's nice of you to say. I, humbly, appreciate that.
"Good Times" ~ Max
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:18:25 PM
If not, who and why?

Lol, this.

Blunt but true in many regard.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:19:19 PM
At 6/30/2014 11:25:52 AM, doomswatter wrote:
I trust very few people, and only with certain things. I trust a few with personal information because they have proven themselves to be discreet and have also shared personal information with me. I trust a few to make wise decisions becuase they have a record of doing so. However, I trust no one absolutely, because I know that everyone is human and can make mistakes. Therefore, a certain amount of caution is wise, even with those who have earned trust.

Same here actually. Sometimes trusting can be difficult because of the mistakes people make, but then, really, we can't forget to look in the mirror too. Ya know?
"Good Times" ~ Max
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:27:47 PM
At 6/30/2014 8:16:02 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
People i trust irl?

People i trust on here?
Bugsy, defro, and Annie

Hmm... And probably you too....
You just seem like the kind of person everyone would trust with everything :P
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:32:05 PM
At 6/30/2014 8:27:47 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
People i trust irl?

People i trust on here?
Bugsy, defro, and Annie

Awe, I humbly appreciate that :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:34:01 PM
At 6/30/2014 8:17:33 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If not, who and why?

That's relatable actually. But as I've said before, there's always that one person you can trust.

In that case, one person I do trust is my fiance because we have been through thick and thin together for almost 3 years now. We have had our relationship challenged by multiple different factors from time to time and we have out lasted all the challenges thus far. G-d is willing to take us as far as we are willing to go together as one spirit.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:35:18 PM
At 6/30/2014 8:34:01 PM, Haroush wrote:
At 6/30/2014 8:17:33 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If not, who and why?

In that case, one person I do trust is my fiance because we have been through thick and thin together for almost 3 years now. We have had our relationship challenged by multiple different factors from time to time and we have out lasted all the challenges thus far. G-d is willing to take us as far as we are willing to go together as one spirit.

I purposely said that just so you could say that. Glad to hear though!! :)
"Good Times" ~ Max
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:40:17 PM
People i trust irl?

People i trust on here?
Bugsy, defro, and Annie

http://pinadog.com...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 8:47:44 PM
At 6/30/2014 8:14:46 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 6/29/2014 4:42:17 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
If not, who and why?

Thank you for your honesty as I understand (to a degree) where your coming from. It is very hard to trust people who you thought you could trust. But there's always that one person you can trust in the end. Don't loose heart!

=)
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 6:45:29 PM
At 6/30/2014 8:40:17 PM, Envisage wrote:
People i trust irl?

People i trust on here?
Bugsy, defro, and Annie

http://pinadog.com...

Oh yeah, and you too :P
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 9:36:04 AM
If not, who and why?

I know you 100% trust me.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 9:36:17 AM
People i trust irl?

People i trust on here?
Bugsy, defro, and Annie

Where is me?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 1:56:11 PM
At 7/2/2014 9:36:04 AM, XLAV wrote:
If not, who and why?

I know you 100% trust me.

I town read you.