Why do people tend to not look everywhere

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 9:44:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
before they turn?

Today, I was riding my bike back from college and ended up getting hit by a guy in his blue jeep, not paying attention to where he was going.

To be exact, I was riding toward an intersection with a green light for the traffic going in the direction I was going. Anyways, as my rear tire just left the curb, the guy hit the gas and nailed me. Amazingly, he hit the breaks just in time before running over me.

Only problem was he ran over my front tire bending the rim and joint. It's bad enough only one gear works on my bike. When I took the brunt of the impact, I instinctively put my hands out to break the fall.

To make a long story short, my wrist is in a little pain right now, and now I have no bike to ride. Ugh, I got his number and name, it just sucks. I am more shocked at the number of times I have been on the receiving end of someone's mistake, but somehow things don't turn out as bad as they could.

My question to you all.. What do you think about this?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 10:13:32 PM
At 6/30/2014 9:44:30 PM, Haroush wrote:
before they turn?

Today, I was riding my bike back from college and ended up getting hit by a guy in his blue jeep, not paying attention to where he was going.

To be exact, I was riding toward an intersection with a green light for the traffic going in the direction I was going. Anyways, as my rear tire just left the curb, the guy hit the gas and nailed me. Amazingly, he hit the breaks just in time before running over me.

Only problem was he ran over my front tire bending the rim and joint. It's bad enough only one gear works on my bike. When I took the brunt of the impact, I instinctively put my hands out to break the fall.

To make a long story short, my wrist is in a little pain right now, and now I have no bike to ride. Ugh, I got his number and name, it just sucks. I am more shocked at the number of times I have been on the receiving end of someone's mistake, but somehow things don't turn out as bad as they could.

I think you should get a medical examination, which he should pay for, and if there is any treatment required, you should speak to an attorney.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 10:42:41 PM
At 6/30/2014 10:13:32 PM, YYW wrote:
before they turn?

I think you should get a medical examination, which he should pay for, and if there is any treatment required, you should speak to an attorney.

That's what my aunt Margie said as well as my grandmother. Though, I am ninety-nine percent sure my wrist is just irritated and nothing more than that. At least this seems to be the case to me.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 10:45:19 PM
At 6/30/2014 10:42:41 PM, Haroush wrote:
before they turn?

That's what my aunt Margie said as well as my grandmother. Though, I am ninety-nine percent sure my wrist is just irritated and nothing more than that. At least this seems to be the case to me.

I'd strongly suggest that you have a doctor look at it, because you may not know the extent of any possible damage until its x-rayed.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 11:27:50 PM
At 6/30/2014 10:45:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 6/30/2014 10:42:41 PM, Haroush wrote:
before they turn?

I'd strongly suggest that you have a doctor look at it, because you may not know the extent of any possible damage until its x-rayed.

I think you may be right.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 1:16:38 AM
Yes, get it checked.

However, to answer your question, it called a blind spot.
You admittedly were heading towards the intersection, as in, you weren't there when he looked, and he likely didn't see you in his blind spot, and, to be frank, why would he expect someone to come cruising into the crosswalk at maybe 10 mph.

Cyclists need to exercise caution, and in my neck of the woods, constantly break the law, which lead to their near misses. Cyclists are much much faster than pedestrians, and the view of a street corner can change much faster with one than with pedestrians.

And, yes, drivers are stupid a lot, too. They like to think they can go on green always, like some Pavlovian moron, especially on right turns.
My work here is, finally, done.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2014 10:14:21 PM
At 7/1/2014 1:16:38 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Yes, get it checked.

You admittedly were heading towards the intersection, as in, you weren't there when he looked, and he likely didn't see you in his blind spot, and, to be frank, why would he expect someone to come cruising into the crosswalk at maybe 10 mph.

Cyclists need to exercise caution, and in my neck of the woods, constantly break the law, which lead to their near misses. Cyclists are much much faster than pedestrians, and the view of a street corner can change much faster with one than with pedestrians.

And, yes, drivers are stupid a lot, too. They like to think they can go on green always, like some Pavlovian moron, especially on right turns.

Please stop trolling and GO AWAY!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 6:05:37 AM
At 7/1/2014 10:14:21 PM, Haroush wrote:
Yes, get it checked.

Seriously?
Are you stupid?
I answered your question. People on bikes move quicker than pedestrians, and motorists can't see people who move from blind spots to beside the car in a matter of two seconds.

How the fvck is that trolling?
You said you weren't at the intersection. I'm telling you why the car didn't see you.
That is an answer to your question.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 7:17:45 AM
At 7/2/2014 6:05:37 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Yes, get it checked.

Seriously?
Are you stupid?
I answered your question. People on bikes move quicker than pedestrians, and motorists can't see people who move from blind spots to beside the car in a matter of two seconds.

How the fvck is that trolling?
You said you weren't at the intersection. I'm telling you why the car didn't see you.
That is an answer to your question.

-,-
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 7:26:12 AM
At 7/2/2014 7:17:45 AM, Haroush wrote:

-,-

Only a troll, a child, or a massive moron would consider answering a question posted in the OP an act of trolling.
You have your wish; I want nothing to do with you.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 9:34:54 AM
Yes, get it checked.

How in 7 hells is this trolling?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 12:12:57 PM
At 7/2/2014 9:34:54 AM, XLAV wrote:

How in 7 hells is this trolling?

99% sure he is a troll himself, and is getting off on calling me one.
http://www.debate.org...

That, or he is an idiot.
Judging by this debate, I honestly didn't know if he was being serious or not, but I didn't read the third round.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2014 1:39:26 PM
At 7/2/2014 7:26:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 7/2/2014 7:17:45 AM, Haroush wrote:

-,-

Only a troll, a child, or a massive moron would consider answering a question posted in the OP an act of trolling.
You have your wish; I want nothing to do with you.

Good! I am happy you don't want nothing to do with me. Goodbye.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 10:34:12 AM
before they turn?

You can not assume that traffic will stop for you. It is a good idea to check before crossing instead of making a haphazardly guess that they will stop.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."