Jump to topic:

I'm a recovering DDO addict

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:11:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello, my name is Oryus and I'm a recovering DDO addict.

I had to quit cold turkey and just not come by for months.

But then... after about a year. Yes, it's been about a year now of intense recovery and treatment that I'm finally able to post casually without getting sucked in and letting DDO take over my life.

That's pretty awesome. Now I can go to the DDO party without getting sh1tfaced on The Drunk Thread, vomiting in the RAAMP thread, losing my phone and car keys in the Personal thread, and waking up in some strange place called the "Religion forum" with no fvcking idea how I got there or why- GOD, WHY?! Yes, now I can just post in the DDO forum, Society, and Personal casually, read over some horrendous misrepresentations of science in the Science forums and NOT feel the need to fruitlessly respond. I can read about DDO politics without giving a single fvck about what's happening behind the scenes.

I'm proud to say that I'm a casual DDO user.

Please, share your story of addiction and recovery here. No judgment.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:15:25 PM
I support you babe. It's not a relapse if you rationalize it.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:15:58 PM
At 7/3/2014 12:15:25 PM, Noumena wrote:
I support you babe. It's not a relapse if you rationalize it.

That's my take on it.

<3
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:16:41 PM
I used to be a DDO addict. But then Juggle successfully catered the site to appeal to a mainstream audience, and turned what was once a rare and special website to a select few people into utter sh1t. And then my addiction to DDO ended
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:18:38 PM
At 7/3/2014 12:16:41 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I used to be a DDO addict. But then Juggle successfully catered the site to appeal to a mainstream audience, and turned what was once a rare and special website to a select few people into utter sh1t. And then my addiction to DDO ended

That's right, dk. Get it all out.

I feel your pain. Luckily the influx of mainstream audience appeals to the hipster in me too.
:
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:43:39 PM

Everyone misses the frog.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:46:57 PM
Good to see you around!! You need to get buddamoose back and going now too!! :P
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:54:14 PM
At 7/3/2014 12:45:01 PM, Cermank wrote:
My face when I see the participants of this thread- http://i.imgur.com...

LOL

Me too, cermank. Me too.

I have to constantly stop myself from using many of ya'lls actual names XD
:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:55:12 PM
At 7/3/2014 12:43:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

God damn it i'm trying to make an anti-Juggle political statement here to fight the power. But people just want the frog.
Open borders debate:
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 12:56:23 PM
I'm pretty addicted. I think about it all the time, but if there's nothing pending, I can tear myself away. It's my form of entertainment and community, so I spend lots of time on it, but in short broken up intervals.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 1:00:37 PM
At 7/3/2014 12:55:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:

God damn it i'm trying to make an anti-Juggle political statement here to fight the power. But people just want the frog.

You can't just rebrand yourself all willy-nilly you a$$hole. Give the people what they want.
:
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 1:01:20 PM

It's human nature, you can't expect everyone to embrace the esoteric DDO past. Icons are eternal and universal.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 1:23:46 PM

Woah, haven't seen you in a while.
Nolite Timere
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 1:25:14 PM
At 7/3/2014 1:00:37 PM, Oryus wrote:

You can't just rebrand yourself all willy-nilly you a$$hole. Give the people what they want.

How about a compromise. I make a pic of kermit with the Juggle logo going up his a$$hole.
Open borders debate:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 1:26:08 PM
At 7/3/2014 1:25:14 PM, darkkermit wrote:

How about a compromise. I make a pic of kermit with the Juggle logo going up his a$$hole.

Yes. Do it.
:
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 1:38:58 PM

omg yes.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 1:44:02 PM
At 7/3/2014 1:38:58 PM, Cermank wrote:

omg yes.

done, didn't come out as awesome as i expected
Open borders debate:
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 1:46:11 PM
At 7/3/2014 1:44:02 PM, darkkermit wrote:

omg yes.

Oh god. This is perfect! XD
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 1:55:02 PM

Awesome. :-)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 2:06:19 PM
At 7/3/2014 1:55:02 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Awesome. :-)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 2:07:17 PM

omg yes.

HAHAHAH omg. It came out MORE awesome than I expected.

Stifling laughter at my desk at work now. XD
:
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 2:12:00 PM
At 7/3/2014 2:07:17 PM, Oryus wrote:

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 2:24:39 PM
At 7/3/2014 2:12:00 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

lol I really dont know what that is, but a rough translation of the chorus goes 'Now that you're an adult, even I've drunk raw milk'.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 2:25:01 PM

omg yes.

10/10, man.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 2:27:03 PM
At 7/3/2014 2:24:39 PM, Cermank wrote:

lol I really dont know what that is, but a rough translation of the chorus goes 'Now that you're an adult, even I've drunk raw milk'.

I was hoping you'd comment on that because I can't even. lol
:
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 2:27:44 PM
At 7/3/2014 2:24:39 PM, Cermank wrote:

I just like the hot girls riding a tractor.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2014 3:19:31 PM
At 7/3/2014 12:11:35 PM, Oryus wrote:
Hello, my name is Oryus and I'm a recovering DDO addict.

I had to quit cold turkey and just not come by for months.

And we missed you...

But then... after about a year. Yes, it's been about a year now of intense recovery and treatment that I'm finally able to post casually without getting sucked in and letting DDO take over my life.

I think that's what every alcoholic has ever said about taking a drink when they start drinking again... lol, but I'm glad you're back.

That's pretty awesome. Now I can go to the DDO party without getting sh1tfaced on The Drunk Thread, vomiting in the RAAMP thread, losing my phone and car keys in the Personal thread, and waking up in some strange place called the "Religion forum" with no fvcking idea how I got there or why- GOD, WHY?! Yes, now I can just post in the DDO forum, Society, and Personal casually, read over some horrendous misrepresentations of science in the Science forums and NOT feel the need to fruitlessly respond. I can read about DDO politics without giving a single fvck about what's happening behind the scenes.

I'm proud to say that I'm a casual DDO user.

Please, share your story of addiction and recovery here. No judgment.

I think there was a point where I was addicted, but I don't think I am now. I just like the people, and love one of them.
Tsar of DDO