Jump to topic:

My Dad

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:02:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I love my dad. He is my best friend and my closest confidant. I am blessed that I have been placed in his family. He always treats me with respect and gentleness. He has fostered in me a contentment for who God made me to be. He rarely gets angry and is willing to admit when he has made a mistake. He is also really handsome! :) Dad prays for me and shows me how to make good decisions. He gives me advice when I need it and gives me a hug and a kiss when I feel sad. Whenever he is near, I feel safe. I know he loves me and will protect me. He is not perfect, but he is really awesome. I love him!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 3:55:08 AM
At 7/11/2014 11:02:19 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
I love my dad. He is my best friend and my closest confidant. I am blessed that I have been placed in his family. He always treats me with respect and gentleness. He has fostered in me a contentment for who God made me to be. He rarely gets angry and is willing to admit when he has made a mistake. He is also really handsome! :) Dad prays for me and shows me how to make good decisions. He gives me advice when I need it and gives me a hug and a kiss when I feel sad. Whenever he is near, I feel safe. I know he loves me and will protect me. He is not perfect, but he is really awesome. I love him!

This is sweet.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 7:44:18 AM

It's rare that I see anyone speak like this about their dad. I'd say the same about my dad too. He awesome! :)
Thanks for sharing about your dad
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 10:57:44 AM
At 7/12/2014 7:44:18 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

It's rare that I see anyone speak like this about their dad. I'd say the same about my dad too. He awesome! :)

Your welcome!
It should happen more often in my opinion. Too often we take dads for granted.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:02:56 AM
At 7/12/2014 10:57:44 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/12/2014 7:44:18 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Your welcome!
It should happen more often in my opinion. Too often we take dads for granted.

I completely agree.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 3:01:06 PM

bless you kiddo. your appreciation put a smile on my face.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 3:02:42 PM
At 7/12/2014 3:01:06 PM, Dennybug wrote:

bless you kiddo. your appreciation put a smile on my face.

You're welcome!

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 4:15:30 PM
At 7/12/2014 4:15:15 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
i lik my dad too but we fight a lot

like!!! like my dad...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 4:16:23 PM
At 7/12/2014 4:15:30 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

like!!! like my dad...

See what I did there, it was profound and u f*ckers don't even know
marcusnicolausjinx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:37:58 PM
I never hated my dad. Maybe because he is my dad. He is one of the reasons why I am in this world, living the life I have now.
But I don't know why, he really hates me.Everyday, when I wake up, I can only hear his voice, his angry voice, shouting at me.
Whenever I get high grades or achievements, he still say that I am the dumbest person in the world. He believes that I am worthless, I have nothing to prove, and I will not have and will never a successful future. And worst, he even compares me to his nieces/nephews/colleagues' sons or daughters/neighbors' sons and daughters, saying that they're better than me. "I wish I had that kind of daughter."
And he say those things EVERYDAY.
And that is really hard for me. Being belittled by your own dad.
You know what, for those who are reading this, all of us are yearning for a love of a father.
A father who will treat you as a best friend.
A father who will protect you from all harm.
A father who will guide you.
A father who will make you laugh.
A father who will ease every pain you have.
A father who would do everything for his child.
A father who will sacrifice even his life for his child.

And that kind of fairy tale will never happen to me.

For those who experience the situation I have, never give up on your dads.

I am still hoping that my dad will change. I'll never give up on him, because I never hated him.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 3:41:14 PM
At 7/13/2014 12:37:58 PM, marcusnicolausjinx wrote:
I never hated my dad. Maybe because he is my dad. He is one of the reasons why I am in this world, living the life I have now.
But I don't know why, he really hates me.Everyday, when I wake up, I can only hear his voice, his angry voice, shouting at me.
Whenever I get high grades or achievements, he still say that I am the dumbest person in the world. He believes that I am worthless, I have nothing to prove, and I will not have and will never a successful future. And worst, he even compares me to his nieces/nephews/colleagues' sons or daughters/neighbors' sons and daughters, saying that they're better than me. "I wish I had that kind of daughter."
And he say those things EVERYDAY.
And that is really hard for me. Being belittled by your own dad.
You know what, for those who are reading this, all of us are yearning for a love of a father.
A father who will treat you as a best friend.
A father who will protect you from all harm.
A father who will guide you.
A father who will make you laugh.
A father who will ease every pain you have.
A father who would do everything for his child.
A father who will sacrifice even his life for his child.

And that kind of fairy tale will never happen to me.

For those who experience the situation I have, never give up on your dads.

I am still hoping that my dad will change. I'll never give up on him, because I never hated him.

I'm praying for you. You are in a tough situation.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 6:52:00 PM
At 7/12/2014 4:15:30 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

like!!! like my dad...

lol, maybe you'd fight less if you stop licking him
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)