Jump to topic:

Guys: A Good Rule to Judging Pretty Girls

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 5:19:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Guys are absolutely garbage at judging girls who have looks. If a girl is cute, it doesn't matter what her personality (etc etc) is, a guy will put it aside in the interests of keeping the off chance alive for a physical relationship. We are damaged in that it's hard for us to see the faults in the women we meet, maximizing the similarities and minimizing the differences to the extreme, slaves to an aerosol of pheromones and perfume.

Instead of getting caught up in their looks right away, guys ought to think about what kind of guys she likely dates. Birds of a feather flock together, and guys can judge men a thousand times easier than they can attractive women. If you think that through, and can easily see her being with a guy that's a loser, then that means she's a loser too but you're getting carried away with your passions! Of course, one guy you will always be able to picture her with is yourself! This logic has been a lifesaver for me in the last year, especially when I was depressed with heart-ache and my "standards" were starting to slip...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2014 6:28:04 PM
At 7/14/2014 5:19:16 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Guys are absolutely garbage at judging girls who have looks. If a girl is cute, it doesn't matter what her personality (etc etc) is, a guy will put it aside in the interests of keeping the off chance alive for a physical relationship. We are damaged in that it's hard for us to see the faults in the women we meet, maximizing the similarities and minimizing the differences to the extreme, slaves to an aerosol of pheromones and perfume.

Yup. Learned that lesson about a year and a half ago. Sex isn't everything. Nor is it worth keeping a girl around just for her looks. Done that as well. Never works in the long-term.

Instead of getting caught up in their looks right away, guys ought to think about what kind of guys she likely dates. Birds of a feather flock together, and guys can judge men a thousand times easier than they can attractive women. If you think that through, and can easily see her being with a guy that's a loser, then that means she's a loser too but you're getting carried away with your passions!

Very true, at-least for my own experiences as well.

Of course, one guy you will always be able to picture her with is yourself! This logic has been a lifesaver for me in the last year, especially when I was depressed with heart-ache and my "standards" were starting to slip...

Good observations. Thanks for sharing.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 1:32:47 PM

Instead of getting caught up in their looks right away, guys ought to think about what kind of guys she likely dates. Birds of a feather flock together, and guys can judge men a thousand times easier than they can attractive women. If you think that through, and can easily see her being with a guy that's a loser, then that means she's a loser too but you're getting carried away with your passions! Of course, one guy you will always be able to picture her with is yourself! This logic has been a lifesaver for me in the last year, especially when I was depressed with heart-ache and my "standards" were starting to slip...

completely, it's not about looks, it's about having a strong character and passion.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 1:57:59 PM

It doesn't mean that shes necessarily a loser. It just means she has issues perhaps of her past that has warped her perception and state of mind when it comes to what she desires in the opposite sex.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 2:24:38 PM

In all fairness, looks usually pull you in in most cases. I mean think about it, you didn't go up to that girl at the juice bar and talk to her because of her personality, you thought she was beautiful.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 2:31:30 PM
At 7/17/2014 2:24:38 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:

In all fairness, looks usually pull you in in most cases. I mean think about it, you didn't go up to that girl at the juice bar and talk to her because of her personality, you thought she was beautiful.

That may be true......However through time the looks factor starts to wear thin. And then it becomes an issue of her personality, integrity, intelligence, and well being. Not to mention the very essence of a woman.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 2:38:43 PM
At 7/17/2014 2:31:30 PM, inferno wrote:

That may be true......However through time the looks factor starts to wear thin. And then it becomes an issue of her personality, integrity, intelligence, and well being. Not to mention the very essence of a woman.

This is very true, long term looks can fade. When that happens and a relationship built simply on the looks of two people it will fade rather quickly.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 4:03:01 PM
At 7/17/2014 2:38:43 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
At 7/17/2014 2:31:30 PM, inferno wrote:

This is very true, long term looks can fade. When that happens and a relationship built simply on the looks of two people it will fade rather quickly.

A carnal union will always fade because the soul cannot be quenched soley by the flesh. It needs another soul connection to feel complete.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 6:35:56 PM
When men live in the scarcity mindset (e.g. "The women I can meet are limited by social circle"), they attribute qualities onto girls that don't exist: she's so amazing, I'd do anything for her, she's not like the other girls!

When men live in the abundance mindset (e.g. "Women are abundant and I couldn't possibly sleep with all of them, so I should have standards for those I choose to share portions of my life with"), they qualify and challenge women to see if they are worth spending time with.

Personally, I like girls who value physical touch and quality time. I like women who are confident in their looks, horny, self-motivated, health-conscious, have a good taste in music, and are open minded about sex, food, cultures, people, etc.

Why should I spend time on girls who have little to offer, when I can just put in the effort to meet new girls and develop my personality in the process?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 8:19:36 PM
At 7/17/2014 6:35:56 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
When men live in the scarcity mindset (e.g. "The women I can meet are limited by social circle"), they attribute qualities onto girls that don't exist: she's so amazing, I'd do anything for her, she's not like the other girls!

When men live in the abundance mindset (e.g. "Women are abundant and I couldn't possibly sleep with all of them, so I should have standards for those I choose to share portions of my life with"), they qualify and challenge women to see if they are worth spending time with.

Personally, I like girls who value physical touch and quality time. I like women who are confident in their looks, horny, self-motivated, health-conscious, have a good taste in music, and are open minded about sex, food, cultures, people, etc.

Why should I spend time on girls who have little to offer, when I can just put in the effort to meet new girls and develop my personality in the process?

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 12:37:58 PM
At 7/17/2014 8:19:36 PM, bluesteel wrote:

M'lady. http://i.imgur.com...

P.s. I know you're a dude, but I'm down to role play with your fantasy as well.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2014 3:28:02 PM
At 7/18/2014 12:37:58 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 7/17/2014 8:19:36 PM, bluesteel wrote:

M'lady. http://i.imgur.com...

P.s. I know you're a dude, but I'm down to role play with your fantasy as well.

lol i feel so at home; you've made this place feel just like Reddit
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)