Jump to topic:

What I did this morning

Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 12:30:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Three days ago I sent a job application for a two week summer job. On the same afternoon, the CEO called me to talk about the job and told me he'd e-mail me the meeting place. I never received the e-mail.. I went through the initial contact who first provided me the opportunity to apply for this job offer, got the CEO's email to remedy the problem. An hour after the time we were supposed to meet, the CEO finally replies with a new meeting time for the next day at 1:00, but I had stopped checking my e-mail by then. The next day, today, he calls me to talk about the 1:00PM meeting and I reject based on the fact that I will be unavailable for one of the work days due to a DMV drive test scheduled a month ago for 8/13 (my permit expires 8/15).

I'm literally sitting at home most of this short summer with a ton of leisure anyway., and I'm starting to regret doing what I did.

I'm also afraid that I might have offended the CEO when I told him I couldn't go because of a DMV appointment which I told him that I 'couldn't reschedule'.

Should I have just cancelled my DMV appointment, let my permit expire and test for another permit? Was it right for me to reject the job offer? :(
What do you think the CEO might be thinking of this entire interaction? Is there anything I did wrong?
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 12:32:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/16/2014 12:30:36 PM, Beginner wrote:
Two days ago, I sent a job application for a two week summer job. On the next afternoon, the CEO called me to talk about the job and told me he'd e-mail me the meeting place. I never received the e-mail.. I went through the initial contact who first provided me the opportunity to apply for this job offer, got the CEO's email to remedy the problem. An hour after the time we were supposed to meet, the CEO finally replies with a new meeting time for the next day at 1:00, but I had stopped checking my e-mail by then. The next day, today, he calls me to talk about the 1:00PM meeting and I reject based on the fact that I will be unavailable for one of the work days due to a DMV drive test scheduled a month ago for 8/13 (my permit expires 8/15).

I'm literally sitting at home most of this short summer with a ton of leisure anyway., and I'm starting to regret doing what I did.

I'm also afraid that I might have offended the CEO when I told him I couldn't go because of a DMV appointment which I told him that I 'couldn't reschedule'.

Should I have just cancelled my DMV appointment, let my permit expire and test for another permit? Was it right for me to reject the job offer? :(
What do you think the CEO might be thinking of this entire interaction? Is there anything I did wrong?

fixed.
Senpai has noticed you.