Jump to topic:

A weird realization about my childhood

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:12:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
As an elementary schooler, I read a lot. It was pretty much all that I did. Additionally, I was incredibly interested greek mythology, so I picked up a book that had some greek mythology in it, and I read it back to front.

I just realized a few minutes ago that one of the stories in it that I read was actually the full text of the Iliad.

I don't know, this is sort of just a weird realization to me because what sort of elementary schooler could read something as repetitive as the Iliad, comprehend it, and not realize what he was reading?

Have you had any of these realizations, where you suddenly notice something sort of cool about your childhood self?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2014 11:50:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/16/2014 11:12:44 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
As an elementary schooler, I read a lot. It was pretty much all that I did. Additionally, I was incredibly interested greek mythology, so I picked up a book that had some greek mythology in it, and I read it back to front.

I just realized a few minutes ago that one of the stories in it that I read was actually the full text of the Iliad.

I don't know, this is sort of just a weird realization to me because what sort of elementary schooler could read something as repetitive as the Iliad, comprehend it, and not realize what he was reading?

Have you had any of these realizations, where you suddenly notice something sort of cool about your childhood self?

Oh wow, that's pretty cool!

Let's see... what have I realized was cool about my childhood? The best thing I can think of is that I actually knew how to use commas and when sentences could start with "because". Ahaha, how dull :P