Jump to topic:

Starting a Blog...

Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 1:06:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just a plug at the people on here who blog, which client do you use and why do you like it?

I am thinking of starting one of my own, which is probably going to be a typical science, politics & atheism blog. Whatever may be of interest to the bigger picture..

I need something that works on the iPad/Phone, too, if they have a client, so was thinking blogspot, are there others?

Thanks! :-D
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 6:19:30 PM
At 7/17/2014 1:06:49 PM, Envisage wrote:
Just a plug at the people on here who blog, which client do you use and why do you like it?

I am thinking of starting one of my own, which is probably going to be a typical science, politics & atheism blog. Whatever may be of interest to the bigger picture..

I need something that works on the iPad/Phone, too, if they have a client, so was thinking blogspot, are there others?

A long time ago I used WordPress. It was decent =) Hmmm, I'm not sure if it works well on an iPad though.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 6:21:14 PM
At 7/17/2014 6:19:30 PM, ThoughtsandThoughts wrote:

A long time ago I used WordPress. It was decent =) Hmmm, I'm not sure if it works well on an iPad though.

There is an app for it.... Yeah it's possible. Was it easy to use and functional?
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 6:31:58 PM
At 7/17/2014 6:21:14 PM, Envisage wrote:

There is an app for it.... Yeah it's possible. Was it easy to use and functional?

Yeah, it was fairly easy and functional. You don't need to be website designer to figure it out. As far adding new posts or pages, you just need to be able to find the dashboard. But as long as you're logged in, you can be on the blog website and use the edit buttons to fix stuff up quickly.

If you're looking for something you can really customize, I'm not sure if it has the capabilities to be changed that much or if you can incorporate widgets, aside from adding pictures and using different themes.
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 6:32:28 PM
At 7/17/2014 6:31:58 PM, ThoughtsandThoughts wrote:

Yeah, it was fairly easy and functional. You don't need to be website designer to figure it out. As far adding new posts or pages, you just need to be able to find the dashboard. But as long as you're logged in, you can be on the blog website and use the edit buttons to fix stuff up quickly.

If you're looking for something you can really customize, I'm not sure if it has the capabilities to be changed that much or if you can incorporate widgets, aside from adding pictures and using different themes.

*to be a website designer
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 6:39:52 PM

Thanks for your help!

I will try and give it a spin...
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2014 6:46:33 PM
At 7/17/2014 6:39:52 PM, Envisage wrote:

Thanks for your help!

I will try and give it a spin...

No problem! ^.^