Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Forgive me for humiliating someone..

Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2014 1:28:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
As requested by a friend, i came to take responsibility for my actions and address an issue that some of you already know who I'm talking about. I came to express my deep regrets for letting my anger get the best of me. I am remorseful that I attempted to humiliate that person for what they did to me... Now, all I ask is that you would please not judge, ridicule, or insult that person for doing "that" to me. Yes, I am defending her.. What she did was wrong, but what I did was far worse. I shouldn't have been so selfish and so hurt and so angry.. Because I should have accepted her decision and tried to understand her better.. The anger, the words I said, the damage i did was really meant for me... Feel free to hurt me, want to say harsh things and let your anger out on me? Go ahead, I deserve it all.. Because whoever does evil to another, evil shall be repaid tenfold.. Now is your chance to lash out on me.. I hope all of you can forgive me, just don't let her reputation fall...
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2014 1:45:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/20/2014 1:28:03 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
As requested by a friend, i came to take responsibility for my actions and address an issue that some of you already know who I'm talking about. :

Haven't you already addressed it? How does posting yet another thread advance this end?

I came to express my deep regrets for letting my anger get the best of me. : I am remorseful that I attempted to humiliate that person for what they did to me... Now, all I ask is that you would please not judge, ridicule, or insult that person for doing "that" to me.:

First, you never addressed this person by name though, admittedly, many of us know who she is.

Second, trust me when I say that none of us think ill of her in any way or form, nor have you provided us with any incentive or reason to do otherwise.

Yes, I am defending her.. :

That's not what you've been doing as late, but ok. This isn't some form of de-fide realization or act of humility.

What she did was wrong, but what I did was far worse.:

Bluesteel put it nicely in your last thread, so I'll cross-reference him without providing a link because I'm too lazy. Consider this a "ditto."

I shouldn't have been so selfish and so hurt and so angry.. :

Now we're getting somewhere.

Because I should have accepted her decision and tried to understand her better..:

"Trying to understand her better" echoes something you posted earlier which bluesteel rightfully critiqued as a contradiction: accepting her decision is quite distinct from prodding her to change her mind post hoc.

But yes, accepting her decision is the way to go. There are ways to do that, however, which AREN'T synonymous with posting new threads which you yourself claim were created for the purpose of humiliating her. Of course, I'm baffled by that, because I don't think they've done that in the slightest. If anything, they've caused me to feel empathy for her and what she's dealing with.

The anger, the words I said, the damage i did was really meant for me... Feel free to hurt me, want to say harsh things and let your anger out on me? Go ahead, I deserve it all..:

I don't want to hurt you. No one here wants to hurt you. But we don't want this other person to be hurt, either, and we need you to realize that by extending this, you're hurting her -- as well as yourself, might I add. The best thing to do at this point is to give her space.

Because whoever does evil to another, evil shall be repaid tenfold.. :

That sounds like biblical mumbo jumbo that normally I would rip apart, but I'll let someone else do that.

Now is your chance to lash out on me..:

Again, I don't think anyone has any desire to do that. We just want this to stop.

I hope all of you can forgive me, just don't let her reputation fall...:

As I said earlier, her reputation is fine. It hasn't degraded in the slightest.

As for "forgiving you": well, I obviously can't speak for her or for anyone. The only people you hurt were her and yourself, so far as I know. I'm not going to say that you should take it up with her because obviously giving her space is the best -- and, quite frankly, only legitimate -- option at this point.

Anyway, good luck.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2014 1:53:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/20/2014 1:49:57 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I only did it cuz someone else asked me to in order to amend for offending her withmy posts..

So to prevent yourself from offending her with your posts, you decided to offend her, again, with another post. I'm not one to make analogies, but let me try one: "throwing out the baby with the bath water."
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2014 2:04:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/20/2014 1:53:25 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
At 7/20/2014 1:49:57 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I only did it cuz someone else asked me to in order to amend for offending her withmy posts..

So to prevent yourself from offending her with your posts, you decided to offend her, again, with another post. I'm not one to make analogies, but let me try one: "throwing out the baby with the bath water."

Thanks for letting me realize that...
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:59:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/20/2014 1:49:57 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I only did it cuz someone else asked me to in order to amend for offending her withmy posts..

I do not hate you. I'm not mad at you. I'm sorry that I hurt you although that was never my intention. But I think it's best we not communicate though. I'll pray for you and you may pray for me but as far as talking, well I think it's best we didn't. And I only say this because to talk again could reopen things that well can't really be. I hope you understand. It took a lot of putting my pride aside to openly tell you all this just so you'll know. And I don't care what anyone else thinks about it either. I always see what's going on here on DDO so I'll see posts you make as I have already seen many. Seek God and Him only.

God bless.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 11:10:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 10:59:21 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 7/20/2014 1:49:57 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I only did it cuz someone else asked me to in order to amend for offending her withmy posts..

I do not hate you. I'm not mad at you. I'm sorry that I hurt you although that was never my intention. But I think it's best we not communicate though. I'll pray for you and you may pray for me but as far as talking, well I think it's best we didn't. And I only say this because to talk again could reopen things that well can't really be. I hope you understand. It took a lot of putting my pride aside to openly tell you all this just so you'll know. And I don't care what anyone else thinks about it either. I always see what's going on here on DDO so I'll see posts you make as I have already seen many. Seek God and Him only.

God bless.

Marie i missed you, i'm sorry that i hurt you, i really am...I failed everyone as well...I forgive you for everything you did...now i ask you for your forgiveness as i don't deserve to be your friend...I failed you as a spiritual leader...but i truly want to reconcile this friendship..I am promising you right here in front of everyone that i will be spiritually stronger and a better person for you and everyone else, i will change myself to be more connected with God so that this doesn't happen again . We can communicate effectively, be honest and open with each other and what we want and don't want. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to save this friendship and i will commit myself to changing my methods of doing things. I been using this time for personal growth and self-assessment...please, if possible, can we try again? Ditch the past..don't let that ruin your interaction with everyone on here..you have really great friends, lets start new beginnings, what do you say?...