How much and how fast do you read?

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2014 10:24:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Answer the topic question.

I read for about 20 minutes everyday and I'm not particularly fast at reading nor am I slow. Although I am probably slow compared to people here. I read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in about or a little lass than a week and a half at around 30 minutes a day.
Nolite Timere
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2014 4:15:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/20/2014 10:24:37 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Answer the topic question.

I read for about 20 minutes everyday and I'm not particularly fast at reading nor am I slow. Although I am probably slow compared to people here. I read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in about or a little lass than a week and a half at around 30 minutes a day.

It depends on the book.

If I'm really interested in it, I can finish it in a day or two. I drop almost everything and just focus on the book. If it's the last book in a series, I'll procrastinate reading it out. When I get halfway through, I'll go back to the quarter point and start back reading from there. Or I'll start to read a lot slower, just to stay in the world of that book for a bit longer.

If it's lame, I'll just have to push myself to read it out, because I can't start a book and stop reading it. The only book I've done that with is TFIOS, and that's because my friends spoiled it for me. The last line I read was, "It lit up like a Christmas tree."
My dad gave me an old copy of The Old Man and the Sea that he had. It was when I was around twelve, I think, and it was absolute torture to read at the beginning. Halfway through the book though, my interest piqued. It took me about a week to read that book, though it's VERY short, because I dragged it along a lot. Coincidentally, for my CSEC Literature exam, which I wrote a year early, the excerpt for the paper one unseen prose came from that very book, giving me a slight advantage over the other candidates.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.