Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Advice? Rant...

ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I remember when I was younger, passing by an all boys' school. For form 6 [two optional years added on to high school], they accept about ten girls. I remember seeing those girls in their short skirts, tight shirts, walking into the college, laughing and talking with the boys. "Talking" implying rolling their hips, batting their eyes, playing around with their hair etc.

I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

That's all about to change and I have no idea how to respond. I've had the most horrible week. My parents, though I'm an okay-ish child, won't listen to me. I only got in trouble ONCE in school and for a legitimate reason: a guy slapped me so I punched him and we got in an all out fight. He got in trouble, but not suspended because his aunt worked there. I got away because 1) I wasn't wrong, 2) self-defense biatches and, 3) I was at the top of the class in studies, so putting that on my record would have been "anti-town."

Currently, I attend an all girls' school and even here, I had trouble making friends at first!!! It took me months to finally talk to people!!! I am not okay with interacting with guys either. A guy once tried to flirt with me. My response: 1) run in the opposite direction. When he continued because "my reaction was amusing", 2) total biatch mode. I embarrassed him in front of his friends for a pathetic pick up line.

The all boys' school only accepts about ten girls. Last year, I think they only accepted five. I've been accepted in. Their form 6 programme is beyond excellent, while my schools' is okay- dwindling down in the last few years.

Now, I can go to this school and not need friends. I'm okay with being a loner. HOWEVER, I'm GOING to stand out. They are going to have about a hundred and fifty boys and I'm going to be one of about ten girls, IF SO MUCH. In addition, the second I walk in, I'm going to be labelled a slut, but I don't care THAT much about this part because people'll recognize that I'm not like that. In the future though, how would "girl going to all boys' school" look?

Not to mention, I know some of the girls who have been accepted already, and they aren't my cup of tea. I'm quiet. They're rambunctious, with all due respect. They're fine with physical contact. It might have been the way I was brought up but I only hug people if I'm comfortable. These girls walk up to these guys and kiss them like it's as natural as blinking! I can't do that! I WON'T do that!

One good thing is that I'll be permitted to wearing the hijab at school, so I can finally start... and this will only account for me standing out even more.

/rant

Help me. Please. I really don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice for me?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 7:57:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I remember when I was younger, passing by an all boys' school. For form 6 [two optional years added on to high school], they accept about ten girls. I remember seeing those girls in their short skirts, tight shirts, walking into the college, laughing and talking with the boys. "Talking" implying rolling their hips, batting their eyes, playing around with their hair etc.

I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

That's all about to change and I have no idea how to respond. I've had the most horrible week. My parents, though I'm an okay-ish child, won't listen to me. I only got in trouble ONCE in school and for a legitimate reason: a guy slapped me so I punched him and we got in an all out fight. He got in trouble, but not suspended because his aunt worked there. I got away because 1) I wasn't wrong, 2) self-defense biatches and, 3) I was at the top of the class in studies, so putting that on my record would have been "anti-town."

Currently, I attend an all girls' school and even here, I had trouble making friends at first!!! It took me months to finally talk to people!!! I am not okay with interacting with guys either. A guy once tried to flirt with me. My response: 1) run in the opposite direction. When he continued because "my reaction was amusing", 2) total biatch mode. I embarrassed him in front of his friends for a pathetic pick up line.

The all boys' school only accepts about ten girls. Last year, I think they only accepted five. I've been accepted in. Their form 6 programme is beyond excellent, while my schools' is okay- dwindling down in the last few years.

Now, I can go to this school and not need friends. I'm okay with being a loner. HOWEVER, I'm GOING to stand out. They are going to have about a hundred and fifty boys and I'm going to be one of about ten girls, IF SO MUCH. In addition, the second I walk in, I'm going to be labelled a slut, but I don't care THAT much about this part because people'll recognize that I'm not like that. In the future though, how would "girl going to all boys' school" look?

Not to mention, I know some of the girls who have been accepted already, and they aren't my cup of tea. I'm quiet. They're rambunctious, with all due respect. They're fine with physical contact. It might have been the way I was brought up but I only hug people if I'm comfortable. These girls walk up to these guys and kiss them like it's as natural as blinking! I can't do that! I WON'T do that!

One good thing is that I'll be permitted to wearing the hijab at school, so I can finally start... and this will only account for me standing out even more.

/rant

Help me. Please. I really don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice for me?

If you value your education then I would recommend the all boys school. It sounds like your school is pretty similar to the one I attended for 6th form, we had about 5 girls join our all boys 6th form and it was pretty normal. But then I was in a mixed school before then. They seemed pretty quiet and were relatively comfortable there.

I noticed a big difference between U16 and U18 classes, people generally grow up a bit, especially since the classes are optional and it's their own time they are spending. So didn't really have the same sort of kiddies drama as I did in my younger years (I had in excess of 10 fist fights in U16 and zero in U18).

I don't agree with the hijab either way but that's another topic :-p
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:02:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 7:57:13 PM, Envisage wrote:
If you value your education then I would recommend the all boys school. It sounds like your school is pretty similar to the one I attended for 6th form, we had about 5 girls join our all boys 6th form and it was pretty normal. But then I was in a mixed school before then. They seemed pretty quiet and were relatively comfortable there.
I don't really have a choice in the matter. My parents have already chosen to go down the all boys' school route. I just wanted advice on how to approach going to such an alien setting.
I noticed a big difference between U16 and U18 classes, people generally grow up a bit, especially since the classes are optional and it's their own time they are spending. So didn't really have the same sort of kiddies drama as I did in my younger years (I had in excess of 10 fist fights in U16 and zero in U18).
I'm sure some of the boys would be mature, but then there have been the fair share of vide- ahem... never mind...
I don't agree with the hijab either way but that's another topic :-p
Oh. Haha. Okay. We'll have that discussion another time then. :)
---
Thanks for your input! :D
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:04:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
/rant

Help me. Please. I really don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice for me?

I have absolutely no experience that applies to what you're describing. But I have two things to say:
1) If you're introverted, confining yourself to online interactions is going to make you much more socially awkward and
2) Boys love the attention of girls so you should have plenty of opportunities to make friends.

Pick out one boy who seems nice, who deserves your attention, and make friends with him. He will love you forever for it.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:06:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Annie,

This is going to be easier said than done, but on the real, be only YOU. You dot have to change for no one. If people don't like you, well that's there loss not yours. Your an amazing person and don't let anyone tell you differently. Just go to school, do your schoolwork and whatever the requirements are at school and don't pay any attention to when people may say something to you. If there's anything I've learned, especially this past few weeks is, if it ain't true who cares what they think who cares what the say. And even if it is true only you would know, humbly admitting it rather than being proud is the best option. But you dont have to justify to anyone who or what you are. Just smile, be friendly and do your best in everything you do.

Eventually (hopefully) people would see that you are different in the way that would be more appreciative rather than those that flaunt themselves out there. Those who flaunt themselves are easily disrespected and seen as ONLY objects, because your not like that your liable (if anyone takes time to notice) to be respected and be treated all the more with kindness. And if you ever get in a mix of something, there's nothin wrong with defending yourself, absolutely nothing wrong with defending yourself. One time a guy try to pin me down and the only thing I thought to do was kick him where I knew he'd fall and squeal. He never bothered me again. But don't go looking for trouble either now missy lol (I know you won't though jk).

But in all seriousness, if I was your age and was going to that school, I'd be your friend and be there for you. :) your a sweet little chikita! Be strong and you'll be fine I just know it! I'll be praying for you! An remember always look to God and remember what He thinks of you that is your most valued moral is knowing that God loves you and is there for you!

~Marie
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:06:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 8:02:10 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:57:13 PM, Envisage wrote:
If you value your education then I would recommend the all boys school. It sounds like your school is pretty similar to the one I attended for 6th form, we had about 5 girls join our all boys 6th form and it was pretty normal. But then I was in a mixed school before then. They seemed pretty quiet and were relatively comfortable there.
I don't really have a choice in the matter. My parents have already chosen to go down the all boys' school route. I just wanted advice on how to approach going to such an alien setting.

Sure. To be fair I would imagine your peers would be initially curious rather than anything else. And 2 years is not long... I contracted myself to stick with the same people and the same 3 rooms for 4 straight years in a PhD.... With the same 10 people and e ty of testosterone.

Yah... People have it worse than you, be happy!

I noticed a big difference between U16 and U18 classes, people generally grow up a bit, especially since the classes are optional and it's their own time they are spending. So didn't really have the same sort of kiddies drama as I did in my younger years (I had in excess of 10 fist fights in U16 and zero in U18).
I'm sure some of the boys would be mature, but then there have been the fair share of vide- ahem... never mind...

? Ok. It's a school so you're going to have a whole spectrum of people there. You aren't going to escape that fact unless you go to a very specialist school or something.

I don't agree with the hijab either way but that's another topic :-p
Oh. Haha. Okay. We'll have that discussion another time then. :)

Ok.
---
Thanks for your input! :D
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:07:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 8:04:09 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
/rant

Help me. Please. I really don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice for me?

I have absolutely no experience that applies to what you're describing. But I have two things to say:
1) If you're introverted, confining yourself to online interactions is going to make you much more socially awkward and
*guiltily nods*
2) Boys love the attention of girls so you should have plenty of opportunities to make friends.

Pick out one boy who seems nice, who deserves your attention, and make friends with him. He will love you forever for it.

Thanks for your input! :)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:11:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 8:06:48 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:02:10 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:57:13 PM, Envisage wrote:
If you value your education then I would recommend the all boys school. It sounds like your school is pretty similar to the one I attended for 6th form, we had about 5 girls join our all boys 6th form and it was pretty normal. But then I was in a mixed school before then. They seemed pretty quiet and were relatively comfortable there.
I don't really have a choice in the matter. My parents have already chosen to go down the all boys' school route. I just wanted advice on how to approach going to such an alien setting.

Sure. To be fair I would imagine your peers would be initially curious rather than anything else. And 2 years is not long... I contracted myself to stick with the same people and the same 3 rooms for 4 straight years in a PhD.... With the same 10 people and e ty of testosterone.
I suppose. My problem is that I know almost no one who goes there, and none of the people I know I've spoken to. I'm like a wallflower. I observe them and make my mental notes. I know a lot about them, but they don't about me, as creepy as that sounds. I think I'll just stick with the girls that are going there, and be cautious so as to not let their conduct rub off on me. I might also attempt to make some friends who are guys... maybe... depending on the personalities of the people...

Yah... People have it worse than you, be happy!
Yeah. :)

I noticed a big difference between U16 and U18 classes, people generally grow up a bit, especially since the classes are optional and it's their own time they are spending. So didn't really have the same sort of kiddies drama as I did in my younger years (I had in excess of 10 fist fights in U16 and zero in U18).
I'm sure some of the boys would be mature, but then there have been the fair share of vide- ahem... never mind...

? Ok. It's a school so you're going to have a whole spectrum of people there. You aren't going to escape that fact unless you go to a very specialist school or something.
I'll restrict myself from saying what happened with the girl with the skirt before I end up selling out what the school is. Lol.

Let's just say, I WILL be wearing a short pants under the skirt.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:19:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 8:06:22 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
Annie,

This is going to be easier said than done, but on the real, be only YOU. You dot have to change for no one. If people don't like you, well that's there loss not yours. Your an amazing person and don't let anyone tell you differently. Just go to school, do your schoolwork and whatever the requirements are at school and don't pay any attention to when people may say something to you.
*nods*
If there's anything I've learned, especially this past few weeks is, if it ain't true who cares what they think who cares what the say.
Preach it!!!
And even if it is true only you would know, humbly admitting it rather than being proud is the best option. But you dont have to justify to anyone who or what you are. Just smile, be friendly and do your best in everything you do.
=) Yup. Noted.

Eventually (hopefully) people would see that you are different in the way that would be more appreciative rather than those that flaunt themselves out there. Those who flaunt themselves are easily disrespected and seen as ONLY objects, because your not like that your liable (if anyone takes time to notice) to be respected and be treated all the more with kindness.
Mmhmm.
And if you ever get in a mix of something, there's nothin wrong with defending yourself, absolutely nothing wrong with defending yourself.
Haha. I know. XD
One time a guy try to pin me down and the only thing I thought to do was kick him where I knew he'd fall and squeal. He never bothered me again. But don't go looking for trouble either now missy lol (I know you won't though jk).
Woot! Go Marie!!! :D Someone's feisty ;D (jk)

But in all seriousness, if I was your age and was going to that school, I'd be your friend and be there for you. :) your a sweet little chikita!
Aww. Haha. Thank you. You'd be everyone friend though, just saying. :P (JK)

Be strong and you'll be fine I just know it! I'll be praying for you! An remember always look to God and remember what He thinks of you that is your most valued moral is knowing that God loves you and is there for you!
Of course. Thanks Ma. ^.^ <3
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:42:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

1. Yes, you can call us friends
2. No one's judgment except those of the people you care about should matter. YYW may be someone I only know online, but his opinion matters hugely to me in a way no one else's opinion does. It's not about whether people are online or in person, it matters how much you're emotionally invested in them.
3. Force yourself to try to open up; I did when I was going through a reclusive period. It sometimes works.

That's all about to change and I have no idea how to respond. I've had the most horrible week. My parents, though I'm an okay-ish child, won't listen to me. I only got in trouble ONCE in school and for a legitimate reason: a guy slapped me so I punched him and we got in an all out fight. He got in trouble, but not suspended because his aunt worked there. I got away because 1) I wasn't wrong, 2) self-defense biatches and, 3) I was at the top of the class in studies, so putting that on my record would have been "anti-town."

Lol...anti-town...lol...I'm glad you didn't get in trouble.

Currently, I attend an all girls' school and even here, I had trouble making friends at first!!! It took me months to finally talk to people!!! I am not okay with interacting with guys either. A guy once tried to flirt with me. My response: 1) run in the opposite direction. When he continued because "my reaction was amusing", 2) total biatch mode. I embarrassed him in front of his friends for a pathetic pick up line.

When I got to highschool, it took me 6 months to make 1 friend, and 1.5 years to make 4. Don't fret too much--it's not the number of friends, but the closeness of those friendships.

Also, try to let guys flirt with you. You really need to overcome your phobia of men flirting with you--it's natural.

The all boys' school only accepts about ten girls. Last year, I think they only accepted five. I've been accepted in. Their form 6 programme is beyond excellent, while my schools' is okay- dwindling down in the last few years.

Go to the better school.

Now, I can go to this school and not need friends. I'm okay with being a loner. HOWEVER, I'm GOING to stand out. They are going to have about a hundred and fifty boys and I'm going to be one of about ten girls, IF SO MUCH. In addition, the second I walk in, I'm going to be labelled a slut, but I don't care THAT much about this part because people'll recognize that I'm not like that. In the future though, how would "girl going to all boys' school" look?

I don't think it'd reflect badly if you went to the school, esp. if it has the better program. As for the male-female ratio, try to make friends with some of the guys--we males aren't all lascivious jerks you know.

Not to mention, I know some of the girls who have been accepted already, and they aren't my cup of tea. I'm quiet. They're rambunctious, with all due respect. They're fine with physical contact. It might have been the way I was brought up but I only hug people if I'm comfortable. These girls walk up to these guys and kiss them like it's as natural as blinking! I can't do that! I WON'T do that!

You won't have to, nor should you be expected to be.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:48:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 8:42:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

1. Yes, you can call us friends
<3
2. No one's judgment except those of the people you care about should matter. YYW may be someone I only know online, but his opinion matters hugely to me in a way no one else's opinion does. It's not about whether people are online or in person, it matters how much you're emotionally invested in them.
<3
3. Force yourself to try to open up; I did when I was going through a reclusive period. It sometimes works.
... meh... :P

That's all about to change and I have no idea how to respond. I've had the most horrible week. My parents, though I'm an okay-ish child, won't listen to me. I only got in trouble ONCE in school and for a legitimate reason: a guy slapped me so I punched him and we got in an all out fight. He got in trouble, but not suspended because his aunt worked there. I got away because 1) I wasn't wrong, 2) self-defense biatches and, 3) I was at the top of the class in studies, so putting that on my record would have been "anti-town."

Lol...anti-town...lol...I'm glad you didn't get in trouble.
So were my parents. Lol. The teacher even had the balls (not literally, she was- is female) to LEAVE US sitting TOGETHER after. Lol.
We were both pretty messed up. He wasn't afraid to hit a girl lol. So we both got our fair share of pain after. XD

Currently, I attend an all girls' school and even here, I had trouble making friends at first!!! It took me months to finally talk to people!!! I am not okay with interacting with guys either. A guy once tried to flirt with me. My response: 1) run in the opposite direction. When he continued because "my reaction was amusing", 2) total biatch mode. I embarrassed him in front of his friends for a pathetic pick up line.

When I got to highschool, it took me 6 months to make 1 friend, and 1.5 years to make 4. Don't fret too much--it's not the number of friends, but the closeness of those friendships.
Sig'd

Also, try to let guys flirt with you. You really need to overcome your phobia of men flirting with you--it's natural.

The all boys' school only accepts about ten girls. Last year, I think they only accepted five. I've been accepted in. Their form 6 programme is beyond excellent, while my schools' is okay- dwindling down in the last few years.

Go to the better school.

Now, I can go to this school and not need friends. I'm okay with being a loner. HOWEVER, I'm GOING to stand out. They are going to have about a hundred and fifty boys and I'm going to be one of about ten girls, IF SO MUCH. In addition, the second I walk in, I'm going to be labelled a slut, but I don't care THAT much about this part because people'll recognize that I'm not like that. In the future though, how would "girl going to all boys' school" look?

I don't think it'd reflect badly if you went to the school, esp. if it has the better program. As for the male-female ratio, try to make friends with some of the guys--we males aren't all lascivious jerks you know.

Not to mention, I know some of the girls who have been accepted already, and they aren't my cup of tea. I'm quiet. They're rambunctious, with all due respect. They're fine with physical contact. It might have been the way I was brought up but I only hug people if I'm comfortable. These girls walk up to these guys and kiss them like it's as natural as blinking! I can't do that! I WON'T do that!

You won't have to, nor should you be expected to be.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 8:54:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 8:48:59 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:42:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

1. Yes, you can call us friends
<3
2. No one's judgment except those of the people you care about should matter. YYW may be someone I only know online, but his opinion matters hugely to me in a way no one else's opinion does. It's not about whether people are online or in person, it matters how much you're emotionally invested in them.
<3
3. Force yourself to try to open up; I did when I was going through a reclusive period. It sometimes works.
... meh... :P

Try it...just three times (with sincere effort). If all three times fail to produce cordial relationships, stop. You never know--it might just work out :)

That's all about to change and I have no idea how to respond. I've had the most horrible week. My parents, though I'm an okay-ish child, won't listen to me. I only got in trouble ONCE in school and for a legitimate reason: a guy slapped me so I punched him and we got in an all out fight. He got in trouble, but not suspended because his aunt worked there. I got away because 1) I wasn't wrong, 2) self-defense biatches and, 3) I was at the top of the class in studies, so putting that on my record would have been "anti-town."

Lol...anti-town...lol...I'm glad you didn't get in trouble.
So were my parents. Lol. The teacher even had the balls (not literally, she was- is female) to LEAVE US sitting TOGETHER after. Lol.
We were both pretty messed up. He wasn't afraid to hit a girl lol. So we both got our fair share of pain after. XD

I mean, I dislike the idea that guys should somehow be esp. afraid to hit a girl. No one should hit anyone--why does gender have anything to do with it?

Currently, I attend an all girls' school and even here, I had trouble making friends at first!!! It took me months to finally talk to people!!! I am not okay with interacting with guys either. A guy once tried to flirt with me. My response: 1) run in the opposite direction. When he continued because "my reaction was amusing", 2) total biatch mode. I embarrassed him in front of his friends for a pathetic pick up line.

When I got to highschool, it took me 6 months to make 1 friend, and 1.5 years to make 4. Don't fret too much--it's not the number of friends, but the closeness of those friendships.
Sig'd

Thanks, lol :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 9:00:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 8:42:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

1. Yes, you can call us friends
2. No one's judgment except those of the people you care about should matter. YYW may be someone I only know online, but his opinion matters hugely to me in a way no one else's opinion does. It's not about whether people are online or in person, it matters how much you're emotionally invested in them.
3. Force yourself to try to open up; I did when I was going through a reclusive period. It sometimes works.

I totally agree with Bsh1's advice, and I care about him, his thoughts, his affairs, his happiness and how he feels far more than anyone else in my life as well.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 9:02:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 9:00:00 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:42:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

1. Yes, you can call us friends
2. No one's judgment except those of the people you care about should matter. YYW may be someone I only know online, but his opinion matters hugely to me in a way no one else's opinion does. It's not about whether people are online or in person, it matters how much you're emotionally invested in them.
3. Force yourself to try to open up; I did when I was going through a reclusive period. It sometimes works.

I totally agree with Bsh1's advice, and I care about him, his thoughts, his affairs, his happiness and how he feels far more than anyone else in my life as well.

I love you.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 9:03:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 9:02:11 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 9:00:00 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:42:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

1. Yes, you can call us friends
2. No one's judgment except those of the people you care about should matter. YYW may be someone I only know online, but his opinion matters hugely to me in a way no one else's opinion does. It's not about whether people are online or in person, it matters how much you're emotionally invested in them.
3. Force yourself to try to open up; I did when I was going through a reclusive period. It sometimes works.

I totally agree with Bsh1's advice, and I care about him, his thoughts, his affairs, his happiness and how he feels far more than anyone else in my life as well.

I love you.

I love you, too.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 9:09:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 8:54:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:48:59 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:42:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

1. Yes, you can call us friends
<3
2. No one's judgment except those of the people you care about should matter. YYW may be someone I only know online, but his opinion matters hugely to me in a way no one else's opinion does. It's not about whether people are online or in person, it matters how much you're emotionally invested in them.
<3
3. Force yourself to try to open up; I did when I was going through a reclusive period. It sometimes works.
... meh... :P

Try it...just three times (with sincere effort). If all three times fail to produce cordial relationships, stop. You never know--it might just work out :)
We'll see.

That's all about to change and I have no idea how to respond. I've had the most horrible week. My parents, though I'm an okay-ish child, won't listen to me. I only got in trouble ONCE in school and for a legitimate reason: a guy slapped me so I punched him and we got in an all out fight. He got in trouble, but not suspended because his aunt worked there. I got away because 1) I wasn't wrong, 2) self-defense biatches and, 3) I was at the top of the class in studies, so putting that on my record would have been "anti-town."

Lol...anti-town...lol...I'm glad you didn't get in trouble.
So were my parents. Lol. The teacher even had the balls (not literally, she was- is female) to LEAVE US sitting TOGETHER after. Lol.
We were both pretty messed up. He wasn't afraid to hit a girl lol. So we both got our fair share of pain after. XD

I mean, I dislike the idea that guys should somehow be esp. afraid to hit a girl. No one should hit anyone--why does gender have anything to do with it?
I think it's unfair girls are seen as able to hit guys but not vice-versa. I was pretty shocked he was willing to fight, but hey! I wouldn't have hit him in the first place- he did the biatch move and tried to slap me. *raises hand in defensive position* So I punched him back!
Currently, I attend an all girls' school and even here, I had trouble making friends at first!!! It took me months to finally talk to people!!! I am not okay with interacting with guys either. A guy once tried to flirt with me. My response: 1) run in the opposite direction. When he continued because "my reaction was amusing", 2) total biatch mode. I embarrassed him in front of his friends for a pathetic pick up line.

When I got to highschool, it took me 6 months to make 1 friend, and 1.5 years to make 4. Don't fret too much--it's not the number of friends, but the closeness of those friendships.
Sig'd

Thanks, lol :)

Now, I can go to this school and not need friends. I'm okay with being a loner. HOWEVER, I'm GOING to stand out. They are going to have about a hundred and fifty boys and I'm going to be one of about ten girls, IF SO MUCH. In addition, the second I walk in, I'm going to be labelled a slut, but I don't care THAT much about this part because people'll recognize that I'm not like that. In the future though, how would "girl going to all boys' school" look?

I don't think it'd reflect badly if you went to the school, esp. if it has the better program. As for the male-female ratio, try to make friends with some of the guys--we males aren't all lascivious jerks you know.
Well, most of you anyhow :P Haha.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 9:11:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 9:09:50 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:54:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:48:59 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:42:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

1. Yes, you can call us friends
<3
2. No one's judgment except those of the people you care about should matter. YYW may be someone I only know online, but his opinion matters hugely to me in a way no one else's opinion does. It's not about whether people are online or in person, it matters how much you're emotionally invested in them.
<3
3. Force yourself to try to open up; I did when I was going through a reclusive period. It sometimes works.
... meh... :P

Try it...just three times (with sincere effort). If all three times fail to produce cordial relationships, stop. You never know--it might just work out :)
We'll see.

Please, humor me. Try it.

That's all about to change and I have no idea how to respond. I've had the most horrible week. My parents, though I'm an okay-ish child, won't listen to me. I only got in trouble ONCE in school and for a legitimate reason: a guy slapped me so I punched him and we got in an all out fight. He got in trouble, but not suspended because his aunt worked there. I got away because 1) I wasn't wrong, 2) self-defense biatches and, 3) I was at the top of the class in studies, so putting that on my record would have been "anti-town."

Lol...anti-town...lol...I'm glad you didn't get in trouble.
So were my parents. Lol. The teacher even had the balls (not literally, she was- is female) to LEAVE US sitting TOGETHER after. Lol.
We were both pretty messed up. He wasn't afraid to hit a girl lol. So we both got our fair share of pain after. XD

I mean, I dislike the idea that guys should somehow be esp. afraid to hit a girl. No one should hit anyone--why does gender have anything to do with it?
I think it's unfair girls are seen as able to hit guys but not vice-versa. I was pretty shocked he was willing to fight, but hey! I wouldn't have hit him in the first place- he did the biatch move and tried to slap me. *raises hand in defensive position* So I punched him back!

Self-defense is fine. Hopefully you won the fight ;)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 9:14:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 9:11:43 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 9:09:50 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:54:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:48:59 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:42:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

1. Yes, you can call us friends
<3
2. No one's judgment except those of the people you care about should matter. YYW may be someone I only know online, but his opinion matters hugely to me in a way no one else's opinion does. It's not about whether people are online or in person, it matters how much you're emotionally invested in them.
<3
3. Force yourself to try to open up; I did when I was going through a reclusive period. It sometimes works.
... meh... :P

Try it...just three times (with sincere effort). If all three times fail to produce cordial relationships, stop. You never know--it might just work out :)
We'll see.

Please, humor me. Try it.

We'll see. Haha.

That's all about to change and I have no idea how to respond. I've had the most horrible week. My parents, though I'm an okay-ish child, won't listen to me. I only got in trouble ONCE in school and for a legitimate reason: a guy slapped me so I punched him and we got in an all out fight. He got in trouble, but not suspended because his aunt worked there. I got away because 1) I wasn't wrong, 2) self-defense biatches and, 3) I was at the top of the class in studies, so putting that on my record would have been "anti-town."

Lol...anti-town...lol...I'm glad you didn't get in trouble.
So were my parents. Lol. The teacher even had the balls (not literally, she was- is female) to LEAVE US sitting TOGETHER after. Lol.
We were both pretty messed up. He wasn't afraid to hit a girl lol. So we both got our fair share of pain after. XD

I mean, I dislike the idea that guys should somehow be esp. afraid to hit a girl. No one should hit anyone--why does gender have anything to do with it?
I think it's unfair girls are seen as able to hit guys but not vice-versa. I was pretty shocked he was willing to fight, but hey! I wouldn't have hit him in the first place- he did the biatch move and tried to slap me. *raises hand in defensive position* So I punched him back!

Self-defense is fine. Hopefully you won the fight ;)

Uh duh. Haha. Bro never laid so much as a finger on me again. Lol.
My dad had us watching wrestling & fighting with him when we were younger and taught us how to get out of sticky situations. The only thing I wish he'd do is tie me up and leave me in a trunk to get out. Lol.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:04:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 9:14:39 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/23/2014 9:11:43 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 9:09:50 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:54:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:48:59 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/23/2014 8:42:59 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
That's all about to change and I have no idea how to respond. I've had the most horrible week. My parents, though I'm an okay-ish child, won't listen to me. I only got in trouble ONCE in school and for a legitimate reason: a guy slapped me so I punched him and we got in an all out fight. He got in trouble, but not suspended because his aunt worked there. I got away because 1) I wasn't wrong, 2) self-defense biatches and, 3) I was at the top of the class in studies, so putting that on my record would have been "anti-town."

Lol...anti-town...lol...I'm glad you didn't get in trouble.
So were my parents. Lol. The teacher even had the balls (not literally, she was- is female) to LEAVE US sitting TOGETHER after. Lol.
We were both pretty messed up. He wasn't afraid to hit a girl lol. So we both got our fair share of pain after. XD

I mean, I dislike the idea that guys should somehow be esp. afraid to hit a girl. No one should hit anyone--why does gender have anything to do with it?
I think it's unfair girls are seen as able to hit guys but not vice-versa. I was pretty shocked he was willing to fight, but hey! I wouldn't have hit him in the first place- he did the biatch move and tried to slap me. *raises hand in defensive position* So I punched him back!

Self-defense is fine. Hopefully you won the fight ;)

Uh duh. Haha. Bro never laid so much as a finger on me again. Lol.

Good lol.

The only thing I wish he'd do is tie me up and leave me in a trunk to get out. Lol.

Kinky.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Dennybug
Posts: 711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 11:54:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/23/2014 7:47:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I remember when I was younger, passing by an all boys' school. For form 6 [two optional years added on to high school], they accept about ten girls. I remember seeing those girls in their short skirts, tight shirts, walking into the college, laughing and talking with the boys. "Talking" implying rolling their hips, batting their eyes, playing around with their hair etc.

I remember judging them then. I also remember laughing in my head- There's no way I'd ever be in their position. I'm ESocialBookworm. I live in books. I suck at communicating with people. I suck at making friends. People make me nervous in real life. That's why I'm "ESocial," i.e. electronically social. I can only make friends (if you can call us that) over the internet. I'm a good-ish person, over the internet. You can't judge me, well you can, but it matters squat over the internet. You don't know me in real life so you can't tell my folks what I tell you.

That's all about to change and I have no idea how to respond. I've had the most horrible week. My parents, though I'm an okay-ish child, won't listen to me. I only got in trouble ONCE in school and for a legitimate reason: a guy slapped me so I punched him and we got in an all out fight. He got in trouble, but not suspended because his aunt worked there. I got away because 1) I wasn't wrong, 2) self-defense biatches and, 3) I was at the top of the class in studies, so putting that on my record would have been "anti-town."

Currently, I attend an all girls' school and even here, I had trouble making friends at first!!! It took me months to finally talk to people!!! I am not okay with interacting with guys either. A guy once tried to flirt with me. My response: 1) run in the opposite direction. When he continued because "my reaction was amusing", 2) total biatch mode. I embarrassed him in front of his friends for a pathetic pick up line.

The all boys' school only accepts about ten girls. Last year, I think they only accepted five. I've been accepted in. Their form 6 programme is beyond excellent, while my schools' is okay- dwindling down in the last few years.

Now, I can go to this school and not need friends. I'm okay with being a loner. HOWEVER, I'm GOING to stand out. They are going to have about a hundred and fifty boys and I'm going to be one of about ten girls, IF SO MUCH. In addition, the second I walk in, I'm going to be labelled a slut, but I don't care THAT much about this part because people'll recognize that I'm not like that. In the future though, how would "girl going to all boys' school" look?

Not to mention, I know some of the girls who have been accepted already, and they aren't my cup of tea. I'm quiet. They're rambunctious, with all due respect. They're fine with physical contact. It might have been the way I was brought up but I only hug people if I'm comfortable. These girls walk up to these guys and kiss them like it's as natural as blinking! I can't do that! I WON'T do that!

One good thing is that I'll be permitted to wearing the hijab at school, so I can finally start... and this will only account for me standing out even more.

/rant

Help me. Please. I really don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice for me?

I dont understand the problem, you say you dont mind being a loner so whats the issue? you don't want to go to a guys school, orrrr?
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 9:55:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Go to the school and enjoy the education. Don't try to make friends if you don't want to, though (as you might have figured out) some may react badly to this. If you wish to interact with people who might understand you better because of shared interests, see if you can find an educational extracurricular activity. Maybe a book club. Mostly, just don't be afraid to stand out. Everyone does, at least in some way.