Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What are your goals for the next school year?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:07:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What do you want to accomplish this next school year? How do you plan to achieve them?

If you don't have any goals, but are a student, make some and list them here!
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2014 10:52:15 PM
Straight A's.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 9:36:15 AM
1. Actually take efforts to understand the work rather then just get good grades.
2. Start doing research.
3. Actually begin with my entrepreneurial ambitions.
4. Make valuable connections.

No particular order.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 11:28:39 AM
At 7/23/2014 10:07:37 PM, YYW wrote:
What do you want to accomplish this next school year? How do you plan to achieve them?

Not do what I did last semester; which was try to do the least amount of effort while still keeping A's in all my classes. The result was that my grades generally hovered around upper 80s and low 90s most of the semester. I went into (and out of) finals week completely unsure about all my grades. I ended up getting 3 B's and 1 A (my community college doesn't count +/-) which wasn't bad but still my worst GPA for a semester and the classes weren't that hard. The one A I got was by the skin of my teeth. Essentially, the only reason I managed an A was by doing better on the final examine than anyone else in the class, according to my professor (and I did earn an A; he wasn't just being kind). Next semester I want to keep my grades on a more sure footing, and hopefully get all A's.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 3:56:50 PM
Straight A-plusses - go to class and do the readings
Make new friends - join a club and actually make an effort to talk to people in my cohort
Work on interesting projects - ask around

The hardest part will be making new friends -__- but luckily, it's a small grad program and from what I've seen so far, people are pretty close.
yang.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 4:55:04 PM
At 7/24/2014 3:56:50 PM, tulle wrote:
Straight A-plusses - go to class and do the readings
Make new friends - join a club and actually make an effort to talk to people in my cohort
Work on interesting projects - ask around

The hardest part will be making new friends -__- but luckily, it's a small grad program and from what I've seen so far, people are pretty close.

New grad program? The first week or two, everyone usually goes in with the desire to meet new people and make new friends. Take advantage of that window.

It can help to be an organizer. Start a Facebook group for the grad students for your year. Propose a hangout the first week at a restaurant after class or at a bar.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 4:56:32 PM
I'd like to write and get a third article published, get the equivalent of straight A's, and secure a federal appellate court clerkship, but also find the time to relax and focus on my personal life.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 5:45:56 PM
At 7/24/2014 3:13:19 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
I wanna join a boxing gym.

That's an interesting goal. Why'd you chose it?
Tsar of DDO
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 5:48:36 PM
At 7/24/2014 9:36:15 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
1. Actually take efforts to understand the work rather then just get good grades.
2. Start doing research.

What happened to becoming President of the United States? :P

Ah, there's the politics.

No particular order.
Nolite Timere
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 5:56:06 PM

My goal is to get good grades. I plan on achieving them by putting my nose to the grindstone and going to sleep at a decent hour.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2014 7:42:32 PM

My goal is to get to my regional tournament in Team Policy debate.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 12:34:33 AM
At 7/24/2014 5:48:36 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 7/24/2014 9:36:15 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
2. Start doing research.

What happened to becoming President of the United States? :P

Ah, there's the politics.

No particular order.

Lately, I'm actually finding myself more interested in going down a professorial path, or maybe becoming a think tank researcher, or an entrepreneur. Working on a campaign is sort of disenchanting me from the idea of actually being directly involved in politics.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 12:38:03 AM
Well I just graduated, but my goals were always that same.

Go as little as possible while getting a healthy mix of As and Bs.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 9:23:06 AM
At 7/24/2014 5:45:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/24/2014 3:13:19 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
I wanna join a boxing gym.

That's an interesting goal. Why'd you chose it?

Well, I wanted to become more physically active, so I decided as a general goal to get into a sport. Then I narrowed it down to martial arts, and out of all of them, I think I'll enjoy boxing's style the most. I hope I'll enjoy it as much as I think I will, because it looks fun (& painful) and I enjoy exercising when I have some kind of goal in mind.

Problem is, we're kind of short on money. I don't think my family will agree to pay for it until my dad's business starts picking up or I get another job.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 11:08:00 AM
At 7/24/2014 7:42:32 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

My goal is to get to my regional tournament in Team Policy debate.

Why policy? Why not LD?
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 11:24:38 AM
To survive. No clue. I'm going to be one out of ten girls going to an all boys' school. May God help me...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 11:25:41 AM
At 7/25/2014 11:24:38 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
To survive. No clue. I'm going to be one out of ten girls going to an all boys' school. May God help me...

I think you'll be ok. Boys aren't mean to girls, usually anyway. They're more interested, at your age, in being one of the lucky few who can attract your attention.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 11:27:01 AM
At 7/25/2014 11:25:41 AM, YYW wrote:

I think you'll be ok. Boys aren't mean to girls, usually anyway. They're more interested, at your age, in being one of the lucky few who can attract your attention.

Ima biatch irl. I wish them luck.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 11:32:30 AM
At 7/25/2014 11:27:01 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Be that as it may, you're in a really favorable situation. Here's why:

You're one of ten, which means that there are ten possible boys who could pair off with the girls in the school. That means that the boys are going to be in intense competition with the rest of their male peers for the ten girls' attention. What that means is that every one of the girls has a tremendous amount of relative social bargaining power, so long as the boys find them "desirable." The girls, in consequence, can literally set the standard for what they expect of boys as long as it's done in a subtle way. Reward behavior you like with positive attention. Punish behavior you don't with gossip and public condemnation, but be sure to act in a group. That entire possible scheme fails to the extent that the girls fight with one another -so, if you (and the rest of the girls) want to enjoy the benefits that come with extremely enhanced social bargaining power, all the girls need to cooperate with each other and none of the girls can fight with one another -especially over a boy, because doing so shifts the power from the girls to the boys.
Tsar of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 11:45:23 AM
At 7/23/2014 10:52:15 PM, thett3 wrote:
Straight A's.

Already accomplished for 6 years in a row. With collage classes in there too.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 11:45:59 AM
To survive AP Calculus and AP Litterature Comp.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 11:58:11 AM
At 7/25/2014 11:32:30 AM, YYW wrote:

You're one of ten, which means that there are ten possible boys who could pair off with the girls in the school. That means that the boys are going to be in intense competition with the rest of their male peers for the ten girls' attention. What that means is that every one of the girls has a tremendous amount of relative social bargaining power, so long as the boys find them "desirable." The girls, in consequence, can literally set the standard for what they expect of boys as long as it's done in a subtle way. Reward behavior you like with positive attention. Punish behavior you don't with gossip and public condemnation, but be sure to act in a group. That entire possible scheme fails to the extent that the girls fight with one another -so, if you (and the rest of the girls) want to enjoy the benefits that come with extremely enhanced social bargaining power, all the girls need to cooperate with each other and none of the girls can fight with one another -especially over a boy, because doing so shifts the power from the girls to the boys.

I feel like I'm reading the story outline of a movie
Nolite Timere
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 12:06:09 PM

You're scaring me again.

I don't interact well with people... like at all... But okay...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 12:41:56 PM
At 7/25/2014 12:06:09 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

You're scaring me again.

lol... why is that?

Tsar of DDO
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2014 12:43:34 PM
At 7/25/2014 12:41:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/25/2014 12:06:09 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

You're scaring me again.

lol... why is that?

YYW, stop scaring little girls. It's rude.