Jump to topic:

Loyalty.

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 10:43:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Loyalty has not always been my favorite characteristic, mostly because it isn't really glamorous. But in the last few years, loyalty and its importance has grown on me.

I like loyalty because it shows that you care about something or someone enough to stand up for it or them. Loyalty is a combination of love, faithfulness, resolve, and courage.

I have been blessed with loyal friends and family that have inspired me to be loyal to all of my friends.

I strive to be loyal to my friends, by speaking only good things about them, standing up for them, being there for them, and keeping their secrets.

I try to be loyal to my God, my beliefs, and myself. This means that I want to follow my God in all things, and never waver in my love for him, and stand up for his name when it is mocked. I do the same to my beliefs in that I am not willing to compromise them to please someone. I'm loyal to myself in the sense that I will follow my conscience and won't compromise my soul or body to please someone.

I'm not perfect at it, but that is my goal.

Loyalty isn't easy, and isn't popular. I can be labeled as close minded and idiotic, but that's ok. I'm following my conscience, and I'll have to live with the consequences if I don't. I'm not out to offend or attack anyone, but I will protect my beliefs and my friends if I need to.

Sam from Lord of the Rings is the epitome of a loyal and true friend. He sticks by Frodo no matter what. That is what I want to be like.

What are your thoughts about loyalty? Have you ever thought about it?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 12:00:26 AM
At 7/27/2014 10:43:10 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Loyalty has not always been my favorite characteristic, mostly because it isn't really glamorous. But in the last few years, loyalty and its importance has grown on me.

I like loyalty because it shows that you care about something or someone enough to stand up for it or them. Loyalty is a combination of love, faithfulness, resolve, and courage.

I have been blessed with loyal friends and family that have inspired me to be loyal to all of my friends.

I strive to be loyal to my friends, by speaking only good things about them, standing up for them, being there for them, and keeping their secrets.

I try to be loyal to my God, my beliefs, and myself. This means that I want to follow my God in all things, and never waver in my love for him, and stand up for his name when it is mocked. I do the same to my beliefs in that I am not willing to compromise them to please someone. I'm loyal to myself in the sense that I will follow my conscience and won't compromise my soul or body to please someone.

Loyalty isn't easy, and isn't popular. I can be labeled as close minded and idiotic, but that's ok. I'm following my conscience, and I'll have to live with the consequences if I don't. I'm not out to offend or attack anyone, but I will protect my beliefs and my friends if I need to.

Sam from Lord of the Rings is the epitome of a loyal and true friend. He sticks by Frodo no matter what. That is what I want to be like.

Loyalty can get you hurt sometimes. I agree it's important in relationships but if your partner betrays you and abandons you, you will feel hurt.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 12:02:48 AM
At 7/28/2014 12:00:26 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Loyalty can get you hurt sometimes. I agree it's important in relationships but if your partner betrays you and abandons you, you will feel hurt.

True. You have to ask yourself if it is worth it.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 12:06:16 AM
At 7/28/2014 12:02:48 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

And did you? When you gave your loyalty to god, was it worth it?
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 12:08:55 AM
At 7/28/2014 12:06:16 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Yes. It is entirely worth it. Even though it might hurt, I am willing to risk it.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 12:10:09 AM
At 7/28/2014 12:08:55 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

Yes. It is entirely worth it. Even though it might hurt, I am willing to risk it.

All right then. As long as your careful. I was hurt once before and it made me more careful today.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 12:11:14 AM
At 7/28/2014 12:10:09 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 7/28/2014 12:08:55 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

All right then. As long as your careful. I was hurt once before and it made me more careful today.

Thank you. I will be. :)

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 12:24:03 AM
Loyalty can be blind. I demand respect and loyalty together. If a girl or boy cannot offer me those, I can easily get another who can.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 2:25:55 AM
Loyalty is a trait that can only and should only be considered if you value what is most important in your life. If it is not worth it, then by no means be loyal to it, but it "s not to say that you cannot still be respectful and civil at the same time but not be there if you know it's just not possible.

True loyalty comes from a heart that's willing to trust no matter what. It takes a courageous heart for loyalty despite the fact that you know that in the end you still will be failed by what your loyal to all but one, God. God is one Being who will never fail and He can be trusted. Those who we cherish or things we cherish will fail us, but as mentioned, is it worth it? Would you be willing to die for the ones you love and treasure and be loyal to? Or keep things that you care for and be loyal to it?

I would die for my family and my God no matter the price. Because my loyalty is with them above anything or anyone else. Friends I have I care for, I'd die for them too.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 2:35:06 AM
I value loyalty above all other things. My loyalty never disappears, even when I've been betrayed. I always remain true to those I secretly swear an oath of loyalty to.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 7:21:10 AM

Very true, loyalty is a very powerful characteristic to have. Actually, it essential. Been meditating on it and came to some conclusions. I'm loyal to God first and die for him above all else. Second is my family and friends. Like you said, I should weed out the false from the true friends. I feel God spoke to me on this. God wait for people to repent and when the time is right, he will separate the faithful from the faithles . I'm loyal to everyone because Jesus is loyal to me.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 7:53:33 AM
To elaborate on what i mean by the analogy to Jesus. You can't be loyal to someone who isn't loyal to you. I tried being loyal to friends, but some just straight up ignored me, so it was draining me and i had no choice but to cut them out. If a person fake, they won't be loyal because they never were, that's the way i see it. A real person who is loyal builds his/her foundation on respect, loyalty, love, honesty, noble qualities and from that, the relationship strengthens. This is how relationship with God works, people say "oh well i used to a Christian.." no you weren't why? Because you never trusted God and repented of your sins, you never were loyal to him. If your foundation is strong, your relationship is going to be strong. If it's weak, it's going to fall apart.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 8:31:48 AM
At 7/28/2014 12:24:03 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Loyalty can be blind. I demand respect and loyalty together. If a girl or boy cannot offer me those, I can easily get another who can.

That's how it is, you know how someone is loyal? When they support your pain, when they take the conflict, take the bad things, etc. it's good to feel pain and conflict because that's how you know that your doing something right, cuz it's all phase. The point is to find out if they loyal or not. If they're loyal, they will stick to you to the end and choose to thrive despite the circumstances.