Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Time to Kill of Social Networking Again...

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 11:26:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It is that time again for me to purge myself of the social networking scourge. Just like SMS takes communication and transfers it to a place that no longer makes a difference, social networking takes relationships and transfers them to a place that doesn't make a difference. Nothing matters, nothing is productive, it's all just transient and meaningless. It's a waste of time and energy. I have three different sites I use for different reasons and they are all the same, the moment I try to take any of them seriously it's just a disappointment. Nobody I know on any of them makes a marked difference in my life, it is more like all the people who really don't matter are online and the people that do are the ones who make the real effort to be part of my real life. I want to make a strong push to be productive and get my career and family life off to a good start this fall, and I will be much more prepared without sitting online idling like a loser. I am describing myself specifically, not any of you - this is not an attack on anyone, I only wish to convey my opinion of myself so that you may see my perspective and learn from it. I turn on the computer to make myself feel better and avoid having to face life; it is a search for external pleasure as opposed to building internal pleasure through hard work and productivity. It is hard to avoid depression when I'm in the house so much and not out in the real world chasing down my destiny and capturing those precious few opportunities that are available to me.

Please save your crying, you guys will be able to carry on without me. HA!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 12:44:58 AM
Good luck in your future endeavours. I hope all works well and maybe you'll return soon.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 3:47:04 PM
At 7/31/2014 11:26:18 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
It is that time again for me to purge myself of the social networking scourge. Just like SMS takes communication and transfers it to a place that no longer makes a difference, social networking takes relationships and transfers them to a place that doesn't make a difference. Nothing matters, nothing is productive, it's all just transient and meaningless. It's a waste of time and energy. I have three different sites I use for different reasons and they are all the same, the moment I try to take any of them seriously it's just a disappointment. Nobody I know on any of them makes a marked difference in my life, it is more like all the people who really don't matter are online and the people that do are the ones who make the real effort to be part of my real life. I want to make a strong push to be productive and get my career and family life off to a good start this fall, and I will be much more prepared without sitting online idling like a loser. I am describing myself specifically, not any of you - this is not an attack on anyone, I only wish to convey my opinion of myself so that you may see my perspective and learn from it. I turn on the computer to make myself feel better and avoid having to face life; it is a search for external pleasure as opposed to building internal pleasure through hard work and productivity. It is hard to avoid depression when I'm in the house so much and not out in the real world chasing down my destiny and capturing those precious few opportunities that are available to me.

Please save your crying, you guys will be able to carry on without me. HA!

What is SMS....oh, wait, nevermind.
Good luck, Link.

I agree the social networking is largely a lost cause, a horrible excuse, but a pleasant distraction.
My work here is, finally, done.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 4:14:08 PM
You are always brutally honest about yourself.

Sweet.

Anyway, fare thee well.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 7:30:57 PM
I will miss ya. Wish you well. As I won't leave but I'm probably going to be less active as well. Some things came up in my life and being on the internet just can't help me with it. So I can understand. But I'll keep you in my prayers. Many blessings to you.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad