Jump to topic:

What Just Happened?

AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 8:51:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I was just on Facebook, and some random guy messaged me, and called me beautiful, so I was like, uhhh... Thanks? And then he asks if I'm single, so I'm just like, I'm not allowed to date. And i'm not looking for a relationship. But he kept pushing, so I was just like, sorry, but no, we can be friends or whatever. And then I think he got pissed and left.....

So now I'm confused. Was it something I said? I try not to be rude to strangers and stuff, cuz they could be potential college admin scouting or something, idk, so i try to be nice to everyone. But this dude was kinda.... IDK.

What just happened to me? Opinions, feedback, anything would be appreciated! Thanks!
I may or may not be a cat
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 9:10:08 PM
When I was your age, my best friend was a girl who was extremely beautiful and she suffered that kind of harassment a lot, too. One of the drawbacks of being an attractive female in our society is this kind of stuff: creepy, lonely guys trying (and failing) to hit on you. You should definitely block him.

Although in your case I'm curious as to how he knew what you looked like given your profile picture is of a dog...maybe you got trolled.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 9:53:17 PM
At 8/4/2014 9:10:08 PM, thett3 wrote:
When I was your age, my best friend was a girl who was extremely beautiful and she suffered that kind of harassment a lot, too. One of the drawbacks of being an attractive female in our society is this kind of stuff: creepy, lonely guys trying (and failing) to hit on you. You should definitely block him.

Although in your case I'm curious as to how he knew what you looked like given your profile picture is of a dog...maybe you got trolled.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 9:59:38 PM

Lol idek

He kept pushing for a relationship, and i was like, dude, i dont know you.

You do realize you can scroll to past profile pics and stuff? I didnt know until a friend told me lol.

*whispers*
Or maybe he's a furry 0.0
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:32:27 PM
At 8/4/2014 8:51:05 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
So I was just on Facebook, and some random guy messaged me, and called me beautiful, so I was like, uhhh... Thanks? And then he asks if I'm single, so I'm just like, I'm not allowed to date. And i'm not looking for a relationship. But he kept pushing, so I was just like, sorry, but no, we can be friends or whatever. And then I think he got pissed and left.....

So now I'm confused. Was it something I said? I try not to be rude to strangers and stuff, cuz they could be potential college admin scouting or something, idk, so i try to be nice to everyone. But this dude was kinda.... IDK.

What just happened to me? Opinions, feedback, anything would be appreciated! Thanks!

You need to change your FB privacy settings.... Like for serious.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:36:10 PM

Also, this is how pretty much every single guy ever will react when you reject their sexual advances. You have something they want (vagina) and they are not happy when you deny them the thing that they want. Rarely do they stop to realize that you are more than an appendage and should be treated like a human being. You should generally be skeptical of any guy that wants to date you merely from looking at you, without really knowing anything about you. Because he's made a judgment based solely on your appearance and doesn't really care who you are as a person.

Pretty amazing advice right? That'll be two cents.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:39:06 PM
At 8/4/2014 10:32:27 PM, bluesteel wrote:

You need to change your FB privacy settings.... Like for serious.

How do you know my FB settings? 0.0
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:40:28 PM
At 8/4/2014 10:39:06 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

So I was just on Facebook, and some random guy messaged me,
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:42:33 PM
At 8/4/2014 10:36:10 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Also, this is how pretty much every single guy ever will react when you reject their sexual advances. You have something they want (vagina) and they are not happy when you deny them the thing that they want. Rarely do they stop to realize that you are more than an appendage and should be treated like a human being. You should generally be skeptical of any guy that wants to date you merely from looking at you, without really knowing anything about you. Because he's made a judgment based solely on your appearance and doesn't really care who you are as a person.

Sure, if you give me your address I'll just mail it over XD

On a more serious note, thank you for your advice, i really do appreciate it :D
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:44:15 PM
At 8/4/2014 10:40:28 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Oh lol

I think we were already friends on FB, i just didnt know. I usually accept random friend requests if we have one or two mutual friends.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:49:20 PM
At 8/4/2014 10:44:15 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
At 8/4/2014 10:40:28 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Oh lol

I think we were already friends on FB, i just didnt know. I usually accept random friend requests if we have one or two mutual friends.

lol, that's a dangerous policy. If you accidentally accept one creeper's friend request, you'll end up accepting them all. Cuz all creepers know each other; they're in some kind of club.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 10:49:43 PM

You did exactly the right thing. That is not the type of person you would probably want to get involved with. I would do the same. Don't worry about politeness in this case, do what it takes to shake him off. In this case, your safety is a priority.

And I also advise you adjust your privacy settings.

Good luck!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2014 11:53:51 PM
What bluesteel said. Also, if its a random person who you haven't met and he starts off by "you're beautiful/ be my gf" stuff- ignoring is much better than outright rejecting- in my experience. Something about outright rejection hurts the ego more than ignoring them- they cm rationalize the latter.

If he's a frend- unfriend/ block
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 4:54:36 AM

No, he's just some crazy guy desperate to get a date. Especially if it's happening over facebook.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 10:28:54 AM

Someone else is trying to steal you from me *grabs gun* izz awn!
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 6:23:21 AM
At 8/4/2014 10:36:10 PM, bluesteel wrote:

That's pretty insulting to all men that all we are after is vagina don't ya think ? I mean some of us like boobs too ya know.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 9:27:26 AM
Thank you guys so much for your awesome advice!!! :D

I have blocked him, and hopefully, nothing like this will happen in the future. :)
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 9:35:36 AM
At 8/6/2014 9:27:26 AM, AngelofDeath wrote:
Thank you guys so much for your awesome advice!!! :D

I have blocked him, and hopefully, nothing like this will happen in the future. :)

I hope so too! That type of thing is no fun.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 10:29:44 AM

Uhhhh...

That wasn't me.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 2:53:36 PM
At 8/6/2014 10:29:44 AM, XLAV wrote:

Uhhhh...

That wasn't me.

Lol you know me on Facebook?
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 3:48:14 PM
You should have messed with the guy a bit. If you create a really random, long-winded, and depressing fake story, let's say about how a close relative was bit by a hamster who had rabies, you could teach that guy a lesson. That close relative contracted rabies himself, and bit another one of your close relatives. The government realized the threat they posed, and put them both down. From that moment forward, you had to fend for yourself on the streets of Uzbekistan. The only way you could is by selling yourself to traffickers. Did you mention that you were a boy prior to this? They performed gender-changing surgery, because the demand for females on the streets was much higher than for males. You had to get surgery, implants, the whole works. Then, casually mention that one of those implants was an electronic chip that seeks out lonely people to capture for their trade, and that the traffickers should be at that guy's house in about 15 minutes.

Satisfying troll victory.

Maybe that's just me, though.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 7:48:15 PM
At 8/6/2014 3:48:14 PM, SolonKR wrote:
You should have messed with the guy a bit. If you create a really random, long-winded, and depressing fake story, let's say about how a close relative was bit by a hamster who had rabies, you could teach that guy a lesson. That close relative contracted rabies himself, and bit another one of your close relatives. The government realized the threat they posed, and put them both down. From that moment forward, you had to fend for yourself on the streets of Uzbekistan. The only way you could is by selling yourself to traffickers. Did you mention that you were a boy prior to this? They performed gender-changing surgery, because the demand for females on the streets was much higher than for males. You had to get surgery, implants, the whole works. Then, casually mention that one of those implants was an electronic chip that seeks out lonely people to capture for their trade, and that the traffickers should be at that guy's house in about 15 minutes.

I actually LOL'd at this one XD
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 7:59:10 PM

This is why dating is bad.
Ashton
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 8:07:14 PM
At 8/6/2014 7:59:10 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

What do you mean?
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 8:39:27 PM
At 8/6/2014 8:07:14 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

What do you mean?

I never want to date cause the con's kinda equal the pros.
Ashton
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 10:22:42 PM
At 8/6/2014 3:48:14 PM, SolonKR wrote:

Omg. EPIC!!! I'm so going to do that next time. I played the gay card last time. XD
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 10:26:59 PM
At 8/6/2014 8:39:27 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

What do you mean?

I never want to date cause the cons kinda equal the pros.

I SAY that... usually a few days before I ask a girl out.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 10:30:05 PM
At 8/6/2014 10:26:59 PM, SolonKR wrote:

What do you mean?

Lol I won't ask anyone out. It take up valuable time.
Ashton
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 10:31:51 PM
At 8/4/2014 9:59:38 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Lol idek

He kept pushing for a relationship, and i was like, dude, i dont know you.

You do realize you can scroll to past profile pics and stuff? I didnt know until a friend told me lol.

*whispers*
Or maybe he's a furry 0.0

What's a furry? Aren't they yarn like owl creature stuff?
Ashton
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 10:33:32 PM
At 8/6/2014 10:30:05 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 8/6/2014 10:26:59 PM, SolonKR wrote:

What do you mean?

Lol I won't ask anyone out. It take up valuable time.

5 minutes to try your luck as opposed to 5 minutes on a forum? I find that excuse a bit hard to stomach. My opinion is that, in life, we only regret the opportunities we don't try to seize.