Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Should I try to reconnect with an old friend?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 10:41:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I suddenly keep remembering an old friend and I somehow want to know how she is. I must confess, I did have a crush on her, but that ended when she decided to end the friendship. I don't believe she intended to by her own will, but after that, I hated education and traditional values because I believed that separated me from her. I refused to take part in graduation and left high school in disgust. I hated conservative values because it's based on fear and ignorance. School was a prison for me, but despite that, I see a lot of potential in her. She young, very smart, going to a prestigious university, and doing well. I do care about her and her studies, but as far as me and education, I only use it for money. Me and the educated elite running the system are beefing in a sense..
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 6:41:20 PM
Who stopped talking to the other? If you stopped communication, start talking with her again. If it was her, it may be best to leave it be. If you guys just drifted apart, it may be best to try having small talk and see if she's comfortable. If she isn't, you may have to wait till you regain her trust. In which case, you should give her TIME and SPACE.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 7:44:08 PM
At 8/6/2014 6:41:20 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Who stopped talking to the other? If you stopped communication, start talking with her again. If it was her, it may be best to leave it be. If you guys just drifted apart, it may be best to try having small talk and see if she's comfortable. If she isn't, you may have to wait till you regain her trust. In which case, you should give her TIME and SPACE.

She didn't want me talking to her anymore, so I just couldn't deal with the pain of not being able to see her again despite being in the same school. I had to get out of high school or face another year of hell. I was motivated to get out of school Just to leave everything behind.on one hand, I think she might have forgotten and want to talk to me, but on the other hand, I feel like is she still remembers and doesn't want to talk to me. Not sure what to do, but really want to see her cuz she's actually being very successful in her career..
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 7:46:05 PM
At 8/6/2014 7:44:08 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

She didn't want me talking to her anymore, so I just couldn't deal with the pain of not being able to see her again despite being in the same school. I had to get out of high school or face another year of hell. I was motivated to get out of school Just to leave everything behind.on one hand, I think she might have forgotten and want to talk to me, but on the other hand, I feel like is she still remembers and doesn't want to talk to me. Not sure what to do, but really want to see her cuz she's actually being very successful in her career..

If she doesn't want you talking to her, it may be best to just leave her be. I suppose you could probably write a letter or something, or even call her *once* if you have her number to let her know that you're proud of her or something. But if she doesn't want you around, it may be best to move on.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 9:46:12 PM
At 8/6/2014 7:46:05 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 8/6/2014 7:44:08 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Who stopped talking to the other? If you stopped communication, start talking with her again. If it was her, it may be best to leave it be. If you guys just drifted apart, it may be best to try having small talk and see if she's comfortable. If she isn't, you may have to wait till you regain her trust.In which case, you should give her TIME and SPACE.

If she doesn't want you talking to her, it may be best to just leave her be. I suppose you could probably write a letter or something, or even call her *once* if you have her number to let her know that you're proud of her or something. But if she doesn't want you around, it may be best to move on.

Yeah, you're right
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 9:52:20 PM
At 8/5/2014 10:41:35 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
So I suddenly keep remembering an old friend and I somehow want to know how she is. I must confess, I did have a crush on her, but that ended when she decided to end the friendship. I don't believe she intended to by her own will, but after that, I hated education and traditional values because I believed that separated me from her. I refused to take part in graduation and left high school in disgust. I hated conservative values because it's based on fear and ignorance. School was a prison for me, but despite that, I see a lot of potential in her. She young, very smart, going to a prestigious university, and doing well. I do care about her and her studies, but as far as me and education, I only use it for money. Me and the educated elite running the system are beefing in a sense..

So you had some differences in values, and you believe that's what caused the splitting friendship?

I'd say that if you really feel it's important, send her an email or social media message asking how she's been doing. Don't bring up anything that might seem like sensitive material (like the fact she hasn't spoken to you in a while). Be brief and don't suggest emailing me/hanging out again. If she is comfortable with reconnecting, that will happen naturally. Just don't put your hopes up, though it may be difficult not to!

Good luck! Hope that helps, T_s.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 9:55:33 PM
At 8/6/2014 9:52:20 PM, ThoughtsandThoughts wrote:

So you had some differences in values, and you believe that's what caused the splitting friendship?

I'd say that if you really feel it's important, send her an email or social media message asking how she's been doing. Don't bring up anything that might seem like sensitive material (like the fact she hasn't spoken to you in a while). Be brief and don't suggest emailing me/hanging out again. If she is comfortable with reconnecting, that will happen naturally. Just don't put your hopes up, though it may be difficult not to!

It was over something complicated, but thanks
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 9:58:04 PM
At 8/6/2014 9:55:33 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Ah. I know these sorts of things are difficult by default though... But no problem still.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2014 10:40:55 PM
At 8/6/2014 9:58:04 PM, ThoughtsandThoughts wrote:

Ah. I know these sorts of things are difficult by default though... But no problem still.

I guess her parents didn't want her around me so that's why she was forced to cut me out.. We had somewhat different values, she was Anglican and I am non denominational. She believes homosexuality is not a sin and I do.
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:23:09 AM
but despite that, I see a lot of potential in her. She young, very smart, going to a prestigious university, and doing well.

what do you mean by this?
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 7:07:32 AM
At 8/7/2014 6:23:09 AM, Dennybug wrote:
but despite that, I see a lot of potential in her. She young, very smart, going to a prestigious university, and doing well.

what do you mean by this?

meaning she's far too advanced than most people
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:39:41 PM
At 8/6/2014 10:40:55 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

I guess her parents didn't want her around me so that's why she was forced to cut me out.. We had somewhat different values, she was Anglican and I am non denominational. She believes homosexuality is not a sin and I do.

Ah, that's tough :/
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:41:28 PM
At 8/8/2014 9:39:41 PM, ThoughtsandThoughts wrote:

well just sent her a friend request and she accepted it, so now we're friends again lol, I'm feeling accomplished
ThoughtsandThoughts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:48:09 PM
At 8/8/2014 9:41:28 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

well just sent her a friend request and she accepted it, so now we're friends again lol, I'm feeling accomplished

Yay! So perhaps it was just the pressure of her parents.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:50:58 PM
At 8/8/2014 9:48:09 PM, ThoughtsandThoughts wrote:

Yay! So perhaps it was just the pressure of her parents.

Yeah, I thought it was
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:55:39 PM
How do you extrapolate getting dumped by some girl into politics and pissing your education away. My advice, don't call her.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:02:39 PM

Conservatism is based on "fear and ignorance"? lol
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:07:41 PM
At 8/8/2014 10:02:39 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Conservatism is based on "fear and ignorance"? lol

Lol It's cuz they don't trust me cuz im different
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 11:06:09 PM

Congratulations on your renewed friendship.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 7:53:19 AM
At 8/8/2014 11:06:09 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Congratulations on your renewed friendship.

Thanks, hopefully we can stay friends
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:39:01 AM

Why do you keep responding to these posts. These are all people he stalked and who said to leave them alone. "We can't be friends because I'm Anglican." Does that sound like something an Anglican would say? It's not an ultra-religious sect. It sounds more like an excuse not to talk to a guy who's obsessed with you. "Sorry, my parents don't approve, don't talk to me ever again..."

And I'm not sure how it's relevant that T_s dropped out of high school and hates the educated "elite." This is really just a rant/manifesto at that point.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)