Jump to topic:

AMA 2nd attempt.

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 8:36:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I had one in the Miscellaneous forum and barely anyone came by so I am trying it here.

Ask away.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 8:43:54 PM
At 8/7/2014 8:36:37 PM, SamStevens wrote:
So I had one in the Miscellaneous forum and barely anyone came by so I am trying it here.

Ask away.

Why did you choose atheism? (Not trying to start a debate, I honestly would like to know your reasoning)
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 8:58:11 PM
At 8/7/2014 8:43:54 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Ask away.

Why did you choose atheism? (Not trying to start a debate, I honestly would like to know your reasoning)

Before my 'change', I went to church like any other normal kid, was told about God, heaven, hell, and etc.

Then I started reading more and the more I read and knowledge I accumulated, God seemed less likely. It started with an a children's encyclopedia and then progressed from there. Also, I came to the question on which God is the right God? They can't all be right since many are so different. Native Americans have their creation story, African tribes have their's, and then you have the main stream religions having their own creation story. So I figured bypass them all together and go where the evidence leads. And the Judeo-Christian creation story has the same amount of evidence as any other creation story.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:16:50 PM
At 8/7/2014 8:58:11 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Ask away.

Before my 'change', I went to church like any other normal kid, was told about God, heaven, hell, and etc.

Then I started reading more and the more I read and knowledge I accumulated, God seemed less likely. It started with an a children's encyclopedia and then progressed from there. Also, I came to the question on which God is the right God? They can't all be right since many are so different. Native Americans have their creation story, African tribes have their's, and then you have the main stream religions having their own creation story. So I figured bypass them all together and go where the evidence leads. And the Judeo-Christian creation story has the same amount of evidence as any other creation story.

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:22:21 PM
At 8/7/2014 9:16:50 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Ask away.

Your welcome.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:23:02 PM
At 8/7/2014 9:22:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Ask away.

Your welcome.

Another question to keep you busy:

Do you have a specific thing that is your passion?

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:30:07 PM
At 8/7/2014 9:23:02 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Ask away.

Your welcome.

I guess my passion would be getting good grades, scaring people, and dispatching various insects which I have a beef with by using torturous methods.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 9:33:40 PM
At 8/7/2014 9:30:07 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 8/7/2014 9:23:02 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Ask away.

Your welcome.

I guess my passion would be getting good grades, scaring people, and dispatching various insects which I have a beef with by using torturous methods.

LOL! That sounds like three passions.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 11:44:44 PM

Ask away.

Hey again

Why do you consider yourself socially awkward?
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?
Does this happen to other people?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Learn to use emoticons DDO.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 12:03:44 AM
At 8/7/2014 11:44:44 PM, Krieg01 wrote:

Ask away.

Hey again

Why do you consider yourself socially awkward?

Because I hate going in public places with a lot of people. I get nervous, sweaty, and scratchy. I get a sense that people are looking at me. I get stage fright. I hate doing presentations in-front of a student body. I find myself stuttering, mumbling, or not speaking loud enough when presenting in-front of a classroom. I usually don't look people directly in the eye when conversing. I sometimes stutter when speaking and have trouble pronouncing certain sounds. I get nervous when I catch some one looking at me.

This is why I do not join groups offered at my school. I have managed to work with a group of 7+ older guys(mid 40's, 50's, and 60's) at my local nature center though. At first it was miserable since I did not know anyone and barely conversed. Now it is better.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 12:04:04 AM
At 8/7/2014 11:44:44 PM, Krieg01 wrote:

Ask away.

Hey again

Hello.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 1:01:39 AM

Ask away.

Peanut butter or jelly?
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 8:50:46 AM
At 8/8/2014 1:01:39 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Ask away.

Peanut butter or jelly?

Jelly.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:02:36 AM

Ask away.

Peanut butter or jelly?

Is that your favorite question?

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:10:48 PM
At 8/8/2014 9:02:36 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

Ask away.

Peanut butter or jelly?

No. But it's the question where almost everyone has the same answer.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 9:34:17 PM
At 8/8/2014 9:10:48 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 8/8/2014 9:02:36 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

Ask away.

Peanut butter or jelly?

No. But it's the question where almost everyone has the same answer.
oic.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam