Jump to topic:

Expos Topics

AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 12:34:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm doing expos for school debate this year, and i was wondering..... Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Preferably something interesting and/or funny, and something my paranoid mother will approve of.

Thanks in advance! :D
I may or may not be a cat
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:21:20 PM
At 8/8/2014 12:34:01 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
I'm doing expos for school debate this year, and i was wondering..... Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Preferably something interesting and/or funny, and something my paranoid mother will approve of.

I'm a clueless homeshooler. What is an expo? If I know what it is, I might be able to come up with ideas....
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2014 10:32:51 PM

define expo ad don't say exposition, define that too
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 7:04:21 AM
At 8/8/2014 10:21:20 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

I'm a clueless homeshooler. What is an expo? If I know what it is, I might be able to come up with ideas....

An expository speech, where you give a ten minute long original informative speech with sources. Can be funny, sad, serious, whatever you make it.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 7:05:00 AM
At 8/8/2014 10:32:51 PM, Dennybug wrote:

define expo ad don't say exposition, define that too

Lol you knew what i was gonna say XD

See above post
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 7:40:31 AM
At 8/9/2014 7:04:21 AM, AngelofDeath wrote:

An expository speech, where you give a ten minute long original informative speech with sources. Can be funny, sad, serious, whatever you make it.

The ridiculousness of cliques in highschool and how they all harbor equal amounts of insecurity and conforming.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 12:24:15 PM

So, it needs to be about debate, or can it be about anything?

I do 10 minutes original 10 minute all the time!

I'm asking so many questions because I'm usually good at coming up with ideas.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:41:14 PM
At 8/9/2014 12:24:15 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

I do 10 minutes originals all the time!

I am tired, and I posted this just after I got up. Hence, the typos. :(

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 1:59:10 PM

oh once i did a speech about how fangirling over celebrities is detrimental to the wellbeing of teenage girls. it was the funniest thing
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 2:00:54 PM
At 8/9/2014 1:59:10 PM, debatability wrote:

oh once i did a speech about how fangirling over celebrities is detrimental to the wellbeing of teenage girls. it was the funniest thing

not bad. our school did a whole unit on that. I found it highly feministic lol xD
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 2:03:16 PM
At 8/9/2014 2:00:54 PM, Kc1999 wrote:

not bad. our school did a whole unit on that. I found it highly feministic lol xD

haha i'll say this. that speech pissed off a lot a lot of teenage girls
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 2:06:02 PM
At 8/9/2014 2:03:16 PM, debatability wrote:
At 8/9/2014 2:00:54 PM, Kc1999 wrote:

haha i'll say this. that speech pissed off a lot a lot of teenage girls

I wrote a paper defending industrial hog farming which pissed of my teacher. I defended fascism, which almost got me expelled from my skewl. and my friends Roman saluted me.

So I like pissing people off.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 2:48:33 PM

It can be about anything :)
Do you do competitions? Like NFL (now known as NSDA) NCFL, or TOC?
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 2:51:29 PM

So like, fangirling.... In general? I need kind of a broad topic that i can expand on XD
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 2:51:44 PM
At 8/9/2014 2:48:33 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

It can be about anything :)

You say you like books. You could write a speech about whether liking books makes you a bookworm.

Check this out, you will like it, I promise.

https://www.youtube.com...

Do you do competitions? Like NFL (now known as NSDA) NCFL, or TOC?

Yes, NCFCA. I've gotten to Regionals in speech twice.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 3:00:28 PM
You could also write one about kittens. Your mom would surely approve of that!

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 4:00:47 PM
At 8/9/2014 2:51:29 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

So like, fangirling.... In general? I need kind of a broad topic that i can expand on XD

hmm give me a minute and i'll make you a topics list.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 5:36:04 PM
At 8/9/2014 4:00:47 PM, debatability wrote:
At 8/9/2014 2:51:29 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

hmm give me a minute and i'll make you a topics list.

More than a minute passed. xD
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 6:52:09 PM

Okay; sorry sorry it took so long. Here are topics that I have done / want to do.

1. The psycology behind fangirling over celebrities.
2. Adding students to the teacher evaluation system. (students reviewing their teachers)
3. Cyberbullying (there are some really "out there" ways to prove your point). I've done a speech on this a couple times.
4. Transgendered rights (a lot less common topic when compared to gay rights).
5. The problems in the child court system.
6. Video games causing violence / not causing violence.
7. Weird mental conditions. I did a whole speech on something called "alien hand syndrome" once. It was very interesting.

That is all that I can think of. Hopefully that is somewhat helpful. I've done a speech for almost all of those topics.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 8:20:04 PM
My deepest gratitude to all of you wonderful amazing sexy beautiful ingenious people who came up with all these topics for me to choose from <3

I'll pick a few to run through my coach and let him decide which one he wants me to do XD

Ily guys so much <3
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2014 9:38:03 PM
At 8/9/2014 8:20:04 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
My deepest gratitude to all of you wonderful amazing sexy beautiful ingenious people who came up with all these topics for me to choose from <3

I'll pick a few to run through my coach and let him decide which one he wants me to do XD

Ily guys so much <3

You're welcome. Did you happen to see the video I posted above? It might give you a good idea of how to do it. It's funny, and it's on a topic you'll probably like.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam