Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Have you been thinking about heaven lately?

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 6:08:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
For some reason, here lately I have been thinking about heaven. Plus, where I work at there is always people dying. It kind of makes me sad. Especially when seniors come up to me and say,"Don't get old Alex. Don't get old." All I can do is say to them,"But look at all the good times you have had. Look at the life you have had thus far." It saddens me, I attempt to get it through to them how much they mean to this society. Despite the majority of ignorant people toward seniors, I still believe seniors make all the difference in this world. Without them, we young ones would be nothing. ( You'll understand why I told you all of this in a minute.)

As for heaven, I have had quite a few life/death experiences. Then today at work, I got stung by a yellow jacket. Being allergic to bees in the past I freaked out. I didn't have no Benadryl or a epee pen. So, I was going around asking people if they had an epee pen. ( not realizing at the time all I probably needed was a Benadryl) No one did, so I did what I had to do.. Call 911.

So they came, gave me an I.V. and I was put onto a stretcher. At that moment, I thought,"Something is not right here.. I am suppose to be taking care of these seniors, but here I am now being taking care of.. What is wrong with this picture?" At the time, I actually felt guilty for even calling for help and even at one point told the volunteer medical attendants,"I am sorry for calling you for this." Despite this they replied by saying," Don't worry about it, this is what we are here for." I still felt guilty.

Then as I was being transported over to the hospital, I thought about my fiance's nephew who just recently passed away from cancer even though he was only 19 years old. I thought to myself,"And just like that, I could be dead myself." One thing is for sure, life is precious and we make each decision that determines our futures. We can either make the best out of this life and do good, or make the worst out of this life and do bad.

Just remember it all starts with one thing. That is recognizing the reality for who you are as well as whatever situation you are in. Whether if the reality is good or bad, it doesn't matter. What matters is how you handle the situation to make the best out of it and learn from your mistakes.

One other thing, always remember you can't plan your life chronologically. It is not possible. Life is too chaotic for you to plan out your life in the next 30 to 40 years. Having a general idea of where you want to be at, and what you would like to be doing by that time is okay, but don't expect for everything to fall into place the way you want it to. G-d has a plan for each, and everyone of your lives. So, don't make it too complicated or too simple. Make it just right.

I have a lot of work cut out for me in the months to come. I have a lot of expectations I MUST meet up to. Not because I want to, but because I HAVE to.

In all, I guess you could say I have been thinking about the beauty of life more so, then anything. Then thinking about how great it will be to be in heaven one day soon to come, walking next to my grand dad and other loved ones up in heaven.

https://www.youtube.com...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 9:35:24 AM
At 8/13/2014 6:08:35 AM, Haroush wrote:
G-d has a plan for each, and everyone of your lives.

I once read about how alot of women dying in child birth and alot of children not making it past 5.

How about the hordes of humans who have lived lives of misery, poverty and powerlessness.

That's some plan for them huh ?

I often find when people utter such phrases they don't think about those things, cause you know it kinda brings into question this whole God has a plan for you line.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Morality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 1:53:06 PM
I'm sorry but the "God has a plan for everyone" line just really threw off everything.

Let me propose to you an example.

Josef Stalin, someone I am pretty sure most people can agree was pretty horrific, killed 14 million people directly. Him, and the people responsible, never met justice. He got away with it, and died in bed peacefully, all while building a totalitarian state atheist country. Those deaths consolidated his rule, and ensured the authoritarian government would never really leave the USSR in its entirety, causing political problems to this day.

What, exactly, was God's "plan"? Why did God allow Stalin to kill 14 million people and never meet justice?
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 2:40:18 PM
At 8/13/2014 1:53:06 PM, Morality wrote:
I'm sorry but the "God has a plan for everyone" line just really threw off everything.

Josef Stalin, someone I am pretty sure most people can agree was pretty horrific, killed 14 million people directly. Him, and the people responsible, never met justice. He got away with it, and died in bed peacefully, all while building a totalitarian state atheist country. Those deaths consolidated his rule, and ensured the authoritarian government would never really leave the USSR in its entirety, causing political problems to this day.

What, exactly, was God's "plan"? Why did God allow Stalin to kill 14 million people and never meet justice?

It's incredibly easy for Christians to use things to their advantage when it serves them, but questions like yours always throws a wrench into such statements. I'm curious to hear Haroush's answer for what God's plan was for both the 14 million people and Stalin.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Morality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 2:51:15 PM
At 8/13/2014 2:40:18 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/13/2014 1:53:06 PM, Morality wrote:

It's incredibly easy for Christians to use things to their advantage when it serves them, but questions like yours always throws a wrench into such statements. I'm curious to hear Haroush's answer for what God's plan was for both the 14 million people and Stalin.
The only defense I have really ever heard was that it served as a "warning". Never understood why 14 million innocents had to die to prove a point to me.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 2:54:55 PM
I do, a lot actually. I think of death a lot too. Nothing wrong with thinking upon these things.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 3:03:59 PM
For some reason, here lately I have been thinking about heaven. Plus, where I work at there is always people dying. It kind of makes me sad. Especially when seniors come up to me and say,"Don't get old Alex. Don't get old." All I can do is say to them,"But look at all the good times you have had. Look at the life you have had thus far." It saddens me, I attempt to get it through to them how much they mean to this society. Despite the majority of ignorant people toward seniors, I still believe seniors make all the difference in this world. Without them, we young ones would be nothing. ( You'll understand why I told you all of this in a minute.)

As for heaven, I have had quite a few life/death experiences. Then today at work, I got stung by a yellow jacket. Being allergic to bees in the past I freaked out. I didn't have no Benadryl or a epee pen. So, I was going around asking people if they had an epee pen. ( not realizing at the time all I probably needed was a Benadryl) No one did, so I did what I had to do.. Call 911.

So they came, gave me an I.V. and I was put onto a stretcher. At that moment, I thought,"Something is not right here.. I am suppose to be taking care of these seniors, but here I am now being taking care of.. What is wrong with this picture?" At the time, I actually felt guilty for even calling for help and even at one point told the volunteer medical attendants,"I am sorry for calling you for this." Despite this they replied by saying," Don't worry about it, this is what we are here for." I still felt guilty.

Then as I was being transported over to the hospital, I thought about my fiance's nephew who just recently passed away from cancer even though he was only 19 years old. I thought to myself,"And just like that, I could be dead myself." One thing is for sure, life is precious and we make each decision that determines our futures. We can either make the best out of this life and do good, or make the worst out of this life and do bad.

Just remember it all starts with one thing. That is recognizing the reality for who you are as well as whatever situation you are in. Whether if the reality is good or bad, it doesn't matter. What matters is how you handle the situation to make the best out of it and learn from your mistakes.

One other thing, always remember you can't plan your life chronologically. It is not possible. Life is too chaotic for you to plan out your life in the next 30 to 40 years. Having a general idea of where you want to be at, and what you would like to be doing by that time is okay, but don't expect for everything to fall into place the way you want it to. G-d has a plan for each, and everyone of your lives. So, don't make it too complicated or too simple. Make it just right.

I have a lot of work cut out for me in the months to come. I have a lot of expectations I MUST meet up to. Not because I want to, but because I HAVE to.

In all, I guess you could say I have been thinking about the beauty of life more so, then anything. Then thinking about how great it will be to be in heaven one day soon to come, walking next to my grand dad and other loved ones up in heaven.

Very good insight, I totally agree with you on this. Do you think that near deathxperiences will help you see the value of life? I wonder about our purpose on this earth and heaven.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 3:19:18 PM

As for heaven, I have had quite a few life/death experiences. Then today at work, I got stung by a yellow jacket. Being allergic to bees in the past I freaked out.

For semantic clarification, yellow jackets are not bees. They are wasps.

I didn't have no Benadryl or a epee pen. So, I was going around asking people if they had an epee pen. ( not realizing at the time all I probably needed was a Benadryl) No one did, so I did what I had to do.. Call 911.

"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 8:30:23 PM
To all of my critics, my response is silence. Like a pack of wolves do those who do not believe come upon those who do believe for only one purpose.That is to defame the character of believers in Yeshua.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 8:32:33 PM
At 8/13/2014 3:19:18 PM, SamStevens wrote:

As for heaven, I have had quite a few life/death experiences. Then today at work, I got stung by a yellow jacket. Being allergic to bees in the past I freaked out.

For semantic clarification, yellow jackets are not bees. They are wasps.

I don't care.

I didn't have no Benadryl or a epee pen. So, I was going around asking people if they had an epee pen. ( not realizing at the time all I probably needed was a Benadryl) No one did, so I did what I had to do.. Call 911.

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 8:34:19 PM
At 8/13/2014 2:54:55 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
I do, a lot actually. I think of death a lot too. Nothing wrong with thinking upon these things.

I didn't think there was. Thanks for confirming. At least I am not alone.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 8:38:25 PM
At 8/13/2014 8:34:19 PM, Haroush wrote:

No no didn't say you said that or anything like that just stating my case. :)
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 8:44:41 PM
At 8/13/2014 8:38:25 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

XD I meant I didn't think there was nothing wrong with thinking upon these things. And I did make statements that conclude I think about death a lot too. Hence is the reason why I said at least I am not alone.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 8:47:27 PM
At 8/13/2014 8:44:41 PM, Haroush wrote:

XD I meant I didn't think there was nothing wrong with thinking upon these things. And I did make statements that conclude I think about death a lot too. Hence is the reason why I said at least I am not alone.

Ooooooooooo hahaha!!! Alright, gotcha gotcha gotcha
"Good Times" ~ Max
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 8:56:50 PM
At 8/13/2014 8:47:27 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 8/13/2014 8:44:41 PM, Haroush wrote:

Ooooooooooo hahaha!!! Alright, gotcha gotcha gotcha

Rofl
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 10:39:58 PM
Yes. I often think that we are quite fragile creatures. At least, our physical forms are. And I've always thought what it would be like to be an old man.

Would I miss the ability to move freely? To move without pain, to be able to move my joints, my legs and arms, to run freely and play sports? Would I miss my hair, brown and plentiful? Would I miss my skin, now that it has become spotted and sagging? Will I miss my teeth, having obtained dentures? Will I fear death?

Sometimes I think about these things, but then I realize that if I spend all my time thinking about just that, then I won't be able to enjoy life as it is now.
Morality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:32:41 PM
At 8/13/2014 8:30:23 PM, Haroush wrote:
To all of my critics, my response is silence. Like a pack of wolves do those who do not believe come upon those who do believe for only one purpose.That is to defame the character of believers in Yeshua.

If you don't want your opinions to be criticized, don't declare them to the public.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:36:46 PM
At 8/14/2014 8:32:41 PM, Morality wrote:

If you don't want your opinions to be criticized, don't declare them to the public.

Haha! Don't declare you are atheist in public either then. Nor should you declare your atheist views.
Morality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:37:41 PM
At 8/14/2014 8:36:46 PM, Haroush wrote:

Haha! Don't declare you are atheist in public either then. Nor should you declare your atheist views.
I'm not the one saying no one should criticize what I believe.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:39:09 PM
At 8/14/2014 8:37:41 PM, Morality wrote:

Neither am I. You are just taking my words out of context.
Morality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:40:26 PM
At 8/14/2014 8:39:09 PM, Haroush wrote:

Your ignoring our criticism and saying we shouldn't declare our views period(and then assuming we are both atheist). You are unable to take criticism.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:44:54 PM
At 8/14/2014 8:40:26 PM, Morality wrote:

Your ignoring our criticism and saying we shouldn't declare our views period(and then assuming we are both atheist). You are unable to take criticism.

You're funny! By the way, ignoring is cutting off all forms of communication and I am listening. Then you went on taking my words out of context again.
Morality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:46:11 PM
At 8/14/2014 8:44:54 PM, Haroush wrote:

You're funny! By the way, ignoring is cutting off all forms of communication and I am listening. Then you went on taking my words out of context again.
"To all of my critics, my response is silence. "
You're ignoring our actual criticism and taking the discussion off topic. If you are actually listening, respond to my initial post.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:52:29 PM
At 8/14/2014 8:46:11 PM, Morality wrote:

You're ignoring our actual criticism and taking the discussion off topic. If you are actually listening, respond to my initial post.

Silence is a form of communication and is not taking the discussion off topic. I am actually listening and don't know what else you expect me to do.
Morality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 8:53:57 PM
At 8/14/2014 8:52:29 PM, Haroush wrote:

Silence is a form of communication and is not taking the discussion off topic. I am actually listening and don't know what else you expect me to do.
Respond. If you're unable to defend your position, unable to even talk to me about it, you blinding yourself. You listen and then discard, if you even listen, never attempt to understand. If our position was defendable enough, you could respond to me.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 9:06:44 PM
At 8/14/2014 8:53:57 PM, Morality wrote:

Respond. If you're unable to defend your position, unable to even talk to me about it, you blinding yourself. You listen and then discard, if you even listen, never attempt to understand. If our position was defendable enough, you could respond to me.

I did respond. I responded with silence. Your understanding is already set like concrete. I am listening and retaining everything you say. I know your position isn't defendable enough to answer how everything came from a big bang that came from nothing.
Morality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 9:09:17 PM
At 8/14/2014 9:06:44 PM, Haroush wrote:

I did respond. I responded with silence. Your understanding is already set like concrete. I am listening and retaining everything you say. I know your position isn't defendable enough to answer how everything came from a big bang that came from nothing.

And responding with silence is not an appropriate response.

Saying my beliefs are set in concrete, and then refusing to debate me about it? Whose beliefs are concrete here? I am willing to admit I could be wrong, and if proven wrong, I would admit it. Can you say the same?

Further, I have just recently been explaining how something can come from nothing. Would you like me to explain how?
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 9:32:39 PM
At 8/14/2014 9:09:17 PM, Morality wrote:
At 8/14/2014 9:06:44 PM, Haroush wrote:

And responding with silence is not an appropriate response.

This is according to your own standards. Not society standard.

Saying my beliefs are set in concrete, and then refusing to debate me about it? Whose beliefs are concrete here? I am willing to admit I could be wrong, and if proven wrong, I would admit it. Can you say the same?

What someone says and what they mean many times mean two different things.

Further, I have just recently been explaining how something can come from nothing. Would you like me to explain how?

Really you have been explaining that?? I haven't been seeing you explain that. Sure.. Go ahead and explain it to me.
Morality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 10:56:38 PM
At 8/14/2014 9:32:39 PM, Haroush wrote:

This is according to your own standards. Not society standard.
Nonsense. If someone was preaching on the corner of a street, and someone pointed out flaws, then they would very well look bad if they just kept preaching.

What someone says and what they mean many times mean two different things.
Please explain then, because you are behaving like a fanatic.

Really you have been explaining that?? I haven't been seeing you explain that. Sure.. Go ahead and explain it to me.
It was a different thread, here it goes.

You will agree that God exceeds physics correct? It is because of that fact that he does not need a creator himself, because he transcends our values of time and reality.

There is no reason this would not apply to the universe before the Big Bang. Physics as we know them were created during the Big Bang, not before, including time. Before the Big Bang, 2+2 could have equaled 3, and it could have been perfectly reasonable for something to spontaneously exist. Just like God, the universe would transcend physics and reality as we know it.