Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

How to deal with suicide of a friend?

Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 1:44:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My friend committed suicide a while back and now I'm beginning to realize he's dead. I can't believe I spoke to him, laughed with him, philosophized with him, and shared personal information with him. Sometimes he haunts me at night, in my sleep. Been trying toddeal with him gone.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 1:54:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 1:44:43 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
My friend committed suicide a while back and now I'm beginning to realize he's dead. I can't believe I spoke to him, laughed with him, philosophized with him, and shared personal information with him. Sometimes he haunts me at night, in my sleep. Been trying toddeal with him gone.

How long did it take for his death to actually start affecting you?? Seems odd it's just now raising these emotions in you so after-the-fact like this.

Other than that question though - stop tripping. If you believe in God like you claim, you should have no fear of death nor should you worry or stress about your friend. According to your religion he is either in heaven or hell. Which one do you think he's in? Does it matter to you if you think he ended up in hell vs. heaven? If he ended up in hell, then he deserved it and you shouldn't be tripping because he obviously broke your God's commandments. If he is in heaven then you should be rejoicing for his death as he is now in the heavenly kingdom with your lord and savior.

I feel like this is just another one of your bs threads to offset the fact that intelligent people are calling you out for being a sociopath in your AMA thread. Once again trying to garner sympathy for yourself. Just stop dude. It's at the point where now I am going to start calling you out along with these other highly-intelligent members.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 2:00:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 1:54:26 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/13/2014 1:44:43 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
My friend committed suicide a while back and now I'm beginning to realize he's dead. I can't believe I spoke to him, laughed with him, philosophized with him, and shared personal information with him. Sometimes he haunts me at night, in my sleep. Been trying toddeal with him gone.

How long did it take for his death to actually start affecting you?? Seems odd it's just now raising these emotions in you so after-the-fact like this.

Other than that question though - stop tripping. If you believe in God like you claim, you should have no fear of death nor should you worry or stress about your friend. According to your religion he is either in heaven or hell. Which one do you think he's in? Does it matter to you if you think he ended up in hell vs. heaven? If he ended up in hell, then he deserved it and you shouldn't be tripping because he obviously broke your God's commandments. If he is in heaven then you should be rejoicing for his death as he is now in the heavenly kingdom with your lord and savior.

I feel like this is just another one of your bs threads to offset the fact that intelligent people are calling you out for being a sociopath in your AMA thread. Once again trying to garner sympathy for yourself. Just stop dude. It's at the point where now I am going to start calling you out along with these other highly-intelligent members.

don't. Its a better and safer strategy to ignore. we don't know for sure if this is not true.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 2:12:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 2:00:54 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/13/2014 1:54:26 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/13/2014 1:44:43 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
My friend committed suicide a while back and now I'm beginning to realize he's dead. I can't believe I spoke to him, laughed with him, philosophized with him, and shared personal information with him. Sometimes he haunts me at night, in my sleep. Been trying toddeal with him gone.

How long did it take for his death to actually start affecting you?? Seems odd it's just now raising these emotions in you so after-the-fact like this.

Other than that question though - stop tripping. If you believe in God like you claim, you should have no fear of death nor should you worry or stress about your friend. According to your religion he is either in heaven or hell. Which one do you think he's in? Does it matter to you if you think he ended up in hell vs. heaven? If he ended up in hell, then he deserved it and you shouldn't be tripping because he obviously broke your God's commandments. If he is in heaven then you should be rejoicing for his death as he is now in the heavenly kingdom with your lord and savior.

I feel like this is just another one of your bs threads to offset the fact that intelligent people are calling you out for being a sociopath in your AMA thread. Once again trying to garner sympathy for yourself. Just stop dude. It's at the point where now I am going to start calling you out along with these other highly-intelligent members.

don't. Its a better and safer strategy to ignore. we don't know for sure if this is not true.

I've already pointed out that even if it is true there is no reason to stress over it. He shouldn't be facing death-anxiety if he is a Christian who believes he'll go to heaven. I honestly believe this is nothing but another attempt to garner sympathy after the last few posts in his AMA thread basically proved he's a sociopath.

Stop letting your own sympathy blind you from what he is actually doing here Cermank. It's the emotional one's that are attracted to his stunts like this, and those are the easiest targets for a sociopath to manipulate. I could just as easily make a thread about how my childhood dog is about to die and how it's so sad but I have no desire to garner sympathy for myself - which is exactly opposite of what this post is doing. He's fishing for sympathy literally 2 minutes after being called out as a sociopath in his AMA thread and it's sickening.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
NiamC
Posts: 905
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2014 2:53:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 2:12:01 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/13/2014 2:00:54 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/13/2014 1:54:26 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/13/2014 1:44:43 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
My friend committed suicide a while back and now I'm beginning to realize he's dead. I can't believe I spoke to him, laughed with him, philosophized with him, and shared personal information with him. Sometimes he haunts me at night, in my sleep. Been trying toddeal with him gone.

How long did it take for his death to actually start affecting you?? Seems odd it's just now raising these emotions in you so after-the-fact like this.

Other than that question though - stop tripping. If you believe in God like you claim, you should have no fear of death nor should you worry or stress about your friend. According to your religion he is either in heaven or hell. Which one do you think he's in? Does it matter to you if you think he ended up in hell vs. heaven? If he ended up in hell, then he deserved it and you shouldn't be tripping because he obviously broke your God's commandments. If he is in heaven then you should be rejoicing for his death as he is now in the heavenly kingdom with your lord and savior.

I feel like this is just another one of your bs threads to offset the fact that intelligent people are calling you out for being a sociopath in your AMA thread. Once again trying to garner sympathy for yourself. Just stop dude. It's at the point where now I am going to start calling you out along with these other highly-intelligent members.

don't. Its a better and safer strategy to ignore. we don't know for sure if this is not true.

I've already pointed out that even if it is true there is no reason to stress over it. He shouldn't be facing death-anxiety if he is a Christian who believes he'll go to heaven. I honestly believe this is nothing but another attempt to garner sympathy after the last few posts in his AMA thread basically proved he's a sociopath.

Stop letting your own sympathy blind you from what he is actually doing here Cermank. It's the emotional one's that are attracted to his stunts like this, and those are the easiest targets for a sociopath to manipulate. I could just as easily make a thread about how my childhood dog is about to die and how it's so sad but I have no desire to garner sympathy for myself - which is exactly opposite of what this post is doing. He's fishing for sympathy literally 2 minutes after being called out as a sociopath in his AMA thread and it's sickening.

understandable,
he could be genuinely missing his friend, but him creating this thread is questionable to a degree.
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 11:47:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/13/2014 1:44:43 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
My friend committed suicide a while back and now I'm beginning to realize he's dead...
My first piece of advice is not to be angry at him, valid or not, it will only weight you down.
He is gone, but the positive impact he had in your life from before that will remain.
Also try not to ever blame yourself (unless you were a bully who talked him into it, but that's a whole other can of worms), depression is a complex issue to which responsibility falls to the victim of depression.
Most importantly, go out an live.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 11:57:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/14/2014 11:47:10 AM, Ragnar wrote:
At 8/13/2014 1:44:43 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
My friend committed suicide a while back and now I'm beginning to realize he's dead...
My first piece of advice is not to be angry at him, valid or not, it will only weight you down.
He is gone, but the positive impact he had in your life from before that will remain.
Also try not to ever blame yourself (unless you were a bully who talked him into it, but that's a whole other can of worms), depression is a complex issue to which responsibility falls to the victim of depression.
Most importantly, go out an live.

I also fear the loss of more friends.. But I see your point.. Kinda try to keep the memories alive..
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2014 1:45:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just remember that suicide is a victimless crime that doesn't hurt anyone else.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"