Jump to topic:

School Workload

Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 3:45:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello, I consider myself to be a very good student. I am going to take 3 english classes and 1 upper division anthropology class this semester at UC Berkeley. For those of you who are/were in college and are/were good students, do you think I can get good grades? Or do you think you could get good grades? I understand this question is highly subjective, but just want some opinions. Thanks.
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 3:49:13 PM
At 8/15/2014 3:45:37 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
Hello, I consider myself to be a very good student. I am going to take 3 english classes and 1 upper division anthropology class this semester at UC Berkeley. For those of you who are/were in college and are/were good students, do you think I can get good grades? Or do you think you could get good grades? I understand this question is highly subjective, but just want some opinions. Thanks.

Getting good grades is great, but somewhat irrelevant. Why not consider the desire of learning what your being taught evaluate then your grades will more or less show. Do your best if anything and you should be fine. Best wishes.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2014 7:20:46 PM
At 8/15/2014 3:49:13 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Getting good grades is great, but somewhat irrelevant. Why not consider the desire of learning what your being taught evaluate then your grades will more or less show. Do your best if anything and you should be fine. Best wishes.

Thank you.
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 10:00:08 PM
bump
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2014 10:03:42 PM

I'd only worry about good grades if you're going to be too of your class. If you're not I don't see how it helps your resume. Why not do just enough to skate by?
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 10:04:17 AM
At 8/16/2014 10:03:42 PM, Wylted wrote:

I'd only worry about good grades if you're going to be too of your class. If you're not I don't see how it helps your resume. Why not do just enough to skate by?

Well, that's certainly an option, but I've always strived for my best in school. Plus, good grades can help me get into grad school. Or is that a myth?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 10:15:08 AM
At 8/17/2014 10:04:17 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:

Well, that's certainly an option, but I've always strived for my best in school. Plus, good grades can help me get into grad school. Or is that a myth?

I didn't know you were considering grad school and have no ideal what the answer to that is.
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 10:16:06 AM
At 8/17/2014 10:15:08 AM, Wylted wrote:

I didn't know you were considering grad school and have no ideal what the answer to that is.

That's alright; thanks for responding.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 10:16:34 AM

I'm a highschool dropout, so beyond telling you to pursue mediocre grades in college my advice is useless.
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 10:22:26 AM
At 8/17/2014 10:16:34 AM, Wylted wrote:

I'm a highschool dropout, so beyond telling you to pursue mediocre grades in college my advice is useless.

Well, most memorable and/or intelligent people were dropouts either in high school or college, so you don't have to consider your advice "worthless."
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2014 10:29:28 AM
At 8/17/2014 10:22:26 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 8/17/2014 10:16:34 AM, Wylted wrote:

Well, most memorable and/or intelligent people were dropouts either in high school or college, so you don't have to consider your advice "worthless."

I meant my advice concerning getting into graduate school, but thanks.