Jump to topic:

Meditation practices

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 1:18:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Meditation can help reduce anxiety, depression and stress. The perfect duration to meditate is 15 minutes. Sit in whatever position is:

1) most comfortable
2) most relaxed
3) But keeps you alert of your surroundings.

Sitting in one spot with a straightened back is a common way to meditate. You can also lean back on a chair or wall to relax the spine.

Close your eyes and just sit. Try not to fall asleep. Focus your attention to thinking almost nothing. It will be impossible but the effort is important. Then once you find that state of calmness, let your mind wonder to thinking positive, happy thoughts.

They can be about the future, memories of the past, or imagining yourself in different worlds or living your dreams. Anything will do as long as your mind is drifting to softer and softer places.

After 15 minutes, you can end the meditation and see the results are:

1) Detachment from social judgement. You are less worried about what others think about you and what you are expected to do.

2) A positive mind.

There are other results if you continuously practice meditation. Doesn't mean everyday, but that you practice often.

This will elevate stress and it's easy to do. Just sit, relax, and drift for 15 minutes give or take.

This is for all those who experience any amount of anxiety, stress, or depression in any way/shape or form.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 4:04:34 PM
At 8/20/2014 1:18:43 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Meditation can help reduce anxiety, depression and stress. The perfect duration to meditate is 15 minutes. Sit in whatever position is:

1) most comfortable
2) most relaxed

Sitting in one spot with a straightened back is a common way to meditate. You can also lean back on a chair or wall to relax the spine.

Close your eyes and just sit. Try not to fall asleep. Focus your attention to thinking almost nothing. It will be impossible but the effort is important. Then once you find that state of calmness, let your mind wonder to thinking positive, happy thoughts.

They can be about the future, memories of the past, or imagining yourself in different worlds or living your dreams. Anything will do as long as your mind is drifting to softer and softer places.

1) Detachment from social judgement. You are less worried about what others think about you and what you are expected to do.

2) A positive mind.

There are other results if you continuously practice meditation. Doesn't mean everyday, but that you practice often.

This will elevate stress and it's easy to do. Just sit, relax, and drift for 15 minutes give or take.

This is for all those who experience any amount of anxiety, stress, or depression in any way/shape or form.

Is this some kind of spiritual practice? lol
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 8:27:08 PM
At 8/20/2014 4:04:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

1) most comfortable
2) most relaxed

2) A positive mind.

Is this some kind of spiritual practice? lol

No.
CaedaSun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 5:44:42 PM

1) most comfortable
2) most relaxed

2) A positive mind.

Dare I say, meditation can be accomplished even without these parameters. Sitting, standing, listening to music, for five minutes, for an hour, for three hours, humming, eyes open, eyes closed, silently, or whatever. But I'm glad that this is out there for those who are looking for something to start with--some guidelines if they have no idea where to start.

I like to think I have always been big on meditation. Before I even knew it. I meditate all the time. It's perhaps my favorite thing to do. Meditate--otherwise known as--thinking. In fact, I believe that sleeping is unconcious meditation.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2014 10:59:28 PM
At 8/22/2014 5:44:42 PM, CaedaSun wrote:

1) most comfortable
2) most relaxed

2) A positive mind.

Dare I say, meditation can be accomplished even without these parameters. Sitting, standing, listening to music, for five minutes, for an hour, for three hours, humming, eyes open, eyes closed, silently, or whatever. But I'm glad that this is out there for those who are looking for something to start with--some guidelines if they have no idea where to start.

I like to think I have always been big on meditation. Before I even knew it. I meditate all the time. It's perhaps my favorite thing to do. Meditate--otherwise known as--thinking. In fact, I believe that sleeping is unconcious meditation.

Thanks for the input.