Working at a orangutan rehabilitation centre

adventurer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 7:36:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi!

I am interested in moving down to Borneo to work with orangutans, trying to rehabilitate them back into the wildlife. I wanted to do to this after graduating, in a year, to take some time to really think about what I want to pursue in life. The problem is that I only find free positions as a volunteer. To be able to support myself I have to get some kind of salary to be able to pay for food etc.

Do you know if there is any chance that there are jobs with salary when working with orangutans? I don't know if anyone here has any own experience in the matter, but only some input in the matter would just do.

Thanks in advance.
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 10:42:10 AM
At 8/20/2014 7:36:44 AM, adventurer wrote:
Hi!

I am interested in moving down to Borneo to work with orangutans, trying to rehabilitate them back into the wildlife. I wanted to do to this after graduating, in a year, to take some time to really think about what I want to pursue in life. The problem is that I only find free positions as a volunteer. To be able to support myself I have to get some kind of salary to be able to pay for food etc.

Do you know if there is any chance that there are jobs with salary when working with orangutans? I don't know if anyone here has any own experience in the matter, but only some input in the matter would just do.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there are a lot of orangutan experts on DDO tbh.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 11:32:04 AM
At 8/20/2014 10:42:10 AM, Dennybug wrote:
Hi!

Thanks in advance.

not an expert on orangutans, but I know a bit about getting into the field.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 11:34:03 AM
Hi!

Thanks in advance.

I may have info for you. First things first, what are you graduating from? High school or college? Where do you live? Europe? USA? Australia?

What is your talent? Are you a math whiz? Science Geek? People person? All of these things dictate the path you need to take.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 11:41:52 AM
Hi!

Thanks in advance.

Then who takes care of you?
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 12:03:38 PM
At 8/20/2014 11:41:52 AM, Ajabi wrote:
Hi!

Thanks in advance.

thats a bit mean, isn't it?
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 12:04:51 PM
At 8/20/2014 12:03:38 PM, NiamC wrote:
Hi!

Thanks in advance.

He knows I love him very much.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2014 9:12:23 PM
At 8/20/2014 12:03:38 PM, NiamC wrote:
Hi!

Thanks in advance.

No, that is called well timed and brilliant sarcasm.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%