Jump to topic:

In relationships, you get what you give

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 4:12:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In a relationship/friendship, you must give in order to receive. If you want honesty, give honesty. If you want sympathy, give sympathy. You want understanding? give understanding. Want love? give love. Want trust? give trust. It's all about giving and if your not getting what your putting into it, time to cut it short. Agree/disagree? (maybe we can debate this)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 4:26:35 PM
At 8/20/2014 4:12:02 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
In a relationship/friendship, you must give in order to receive. If you want honesty, give honesty. If you want sympathy, give sympathy. You want understanding? give understanding. Want love? give love. Want trust? give trust. It's all about giving and if your not getting what your putting into it, time to cut it short. Agree/disagree? (maybe we can debate this)

I'm a little bothered that you so easily equate relationships and friendships. I think that's one of your problems with females.

The rest is basically a truism -- it's so obvious it's not really contestable. You can't expect someone to love you if you give them no love.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2014 4:27:36 PM
At 8/20/2014 4:26:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 8/20/2014 4:12:02 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

I'm a little bothered that you so easily equate relationships and friendships. I think that's one of your problems with females.

The rest is basically a truism -- it's so obvious it's not really contestable. You can't expect someone to love you if you give them no love.

Not everyone agrees with that statement and i've met people who disagree, so no it's not obvious