Jump to topic:

Driver's Ed.

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 11:08:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So......I've been avoiding learning to drive for multiple reasons.....but the time has finally come. I'm going to my first Driver's Ed class tonight. Any suggestions?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 11:49:34 AM
At 8/25/2014 11:08:57 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
So......I've been avoiding learning to drive for multiple reasons.....but the time has finally come. I'm going to my first Driver's Ed class tonight. Any suggestions?

Are you going to be taking the wheel?
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 11:51:55 AM
At 8/25/2014 11:49:34 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

I have no idea.....I know I will eventually, and I also know I need to study up for a test.....but other than that.....?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 12:04:23 PM
At 8/25/2014 11:51:55 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

I have no idea.....I know I will eventually, and I also know I need to study up for a test.....but other than that.....?

Make sure you follow the manual, follow the rules of your state on driving, and just stay calm when you do (i'ma just lay it out for you lol). Driving is like learning how to ride a bike, so don't get nervous when you start off. Before you start, make sure your comfortable sitting down, pull windows down if you want,seatbelt, adjust the seat, especially remove distractions, etc. Shift from parking to drive and look around you, make sure no one and nothing is in the way. Place your dominant foot on the accelerate pedal and slowly, but gently push down with your toes on it. Stay on your side of the lane by steering the wheel just a little bit. Make sure you don't go too fast or too slow when driving and when you see a stop sign, slowly and gradually push on the brakes until the car slows down and stops.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 12:14:46 PM
At 8/25/2014 12:04:23 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Make sure you follow the manual, follow the rules of your state on driving, and just stay calm when you do (i'ma just lay it out for you lol). Driving is like learning how to ride a bike, so don't get nervous when you start off. Before you start, make sure your comfortable sitting down, pull windows down if you want,seatbelt, adjust the seat, especially remove distractions, etc. Shift from parking to drive and look around you, make sure no one and nothing is in the way. Place your dominant foot on the accelerate pedal and slowly, but gently push down with your toes on it. Stay on your side of the lane by steering the wheel just a little bit. Make sure you don't go too fast or too slow when driving and when you see a stop sign, slowly and gradually push on the brakes until the car slows down and stops.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Do you know anything about stick-shifts?

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 12:23:56 PM
At 8/25/2014 12:14:46 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Thanks! I appreciate it!

lol nope, message me if you need some more help :)
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 12:24:35 PM
At 8/25/2014 12:23:56 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Thanks! I appreciate it!

lol nope, message me if you need some more help :)

Ok, thanks!

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 7:36:14 PM

I do.
Ease off the clutch as you give it gas. Going from stop to first gear is the hardest, after that, it's pretty easy, since the car is in motion.

First gear is mainly for going.
Use your RPM gauge until you get a feel for the car. Shift around 3-4k RPM. (or about 1 gear for every 10 mph, factoring in hills)

Practice in a parking lot.
A big empty parking lot, like a grocery store, mall, or Wal-mart or Target.
My work here is, finally, done.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 7:54:01 PM
Hm.
https://www.youtube.com...
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 10:50:15 PM
At 8/25/2014 7:36:14 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I do.
Ease off the clutch as you give it gas. Going from stop to first gear is the hardest, after that, it's pretty easy, since the car is in motion.

First gear is mainly for going.
Use your RPM gauge until you get a feel for the car. Shift around 3-4k RPM. (or about 1 gear for every 10 mph, factoring in hills)

Practice in a parking lot.
A big empty parking lot, like a grocery store, mall, or Wal-mart or Target.

Thanks so much! I'll try it out sometime.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2014 10:56:57 PM
At 8/25/2014 7:54:01 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Hm.
https://www.youtube.com...

Wow, that was really good! Thank you so much for sharing it.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam