Jump to topic:

AMA: PetersSmith

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 11:44:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My name is PetersSmith. In case you do not know who I am, I am quite prominent on the "polls" section of this website. Many feel that I am ambiguous about myself, thus I felt like I should make one of these things to clear that up. I won't be answering anything until tomorrow, though.

So...now that that's out of the way, ask away. (That rhymed).
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2014 11:52:34 PM
Also: I recommend reading my books, specifically the one titled "A World Divided" (link is on my profile).

That is all.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 7:07:19 AM
At 9/1/2014 11:44:37 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
My name is PetersSmith. In case you do not know who I am, I am quite prominent on the "polls" section of this website. Many feel that I am ambiguous about myself, thus I felt like I should make one of these things to clear that up. I won't be answering anything until tomorrow, though.

Who are you?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 9:24:16 AM
At 9/2/2014 7:07:19 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Who are you?

Um...PetersSmith?

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 9:33:06 AM
So I actually read your profile, and you seem interesting.

1. What specifically about history interests you?
2. If you could go back in time, when would you go back to? And why?
3. If you had to convince someone to join your religion, how would you do it?

Also, polls suck.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 9:41:36 AM
At 9/2/2014 9:24:16 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Who are you?

Um...PetersSmith?

No, I mean; Who are you?

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 9:42:12 AM
At 9/2/2014 9:41:36 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Who are you?

Um...PetersSmith?

No, I mean; Who are you?

Do you mean my actual name?

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 9:46:43 AM
At 9/2/2014 9:42:12 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Who are you?

Um...PetersSmith?

No, I mean; Who are you?

No, I want to know who you are, not your name.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 9:47:33 AM
At 9/2/2014 9:46:43 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 9/2/2014 9:42:12 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Who are you?

Um...PetersSmith?

No, I mean; Who are you?

No, I want to know who you are, not your name.

Want to be more specific? Because I don't want to tell you my life story.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:01:27 AM
At 9/2/2014 9:33:06 AM, Cermank wrote:

Also, polls suck.

1. I like modern history the most, especially the Cold War and the World War eras. I don't know why I like history so much, I just find it interesting. I like manipulating history and weighing in factors on the possible outcomes if "this happened, or this happened, then what would be different and what would be the same."

2. I would go back to the late 1800s, because I thought it was the most interesting time. Things were simpler and I always wanted to live in a cabin in the woods, away from civilization.

3. First of all, the person would have to be interested. Secondly, they'd have to have an open mind and they cannot be a religious zealot for their current religion. It would probably be easier for me to convert someone who is an atheist or someone who is agnostic. I would tell them of what I believe, using mainly scientific facts and then go off what is theoretically, but trying to make it so that it sounds like it could make sense. I highly doubt anyone will ever convert if they've already decided on their belief.

4. Then don't vote on them.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:06:39 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:01:27 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Also, polls suck.

1. I like modern history the most, especially the Cold War and the World War eras. I don't know why I like history so much, I just find it interesting. I like manipulating history and weighing in factors on the possible outcomes if "this happened, or this happened, then what would be different and what would be the same."

2. I would go back to the late 1800s, because I thought it was the most interesting time. Things were simpler and I always wanted to live in a cabin in the woods, away from civilization.

3. First of all, the person would have to be interested. Secondly, they'd have to have an open mind and they cannot be a religious zealot for their current religion. It would probably be easier for me to convert someone who is an atheist or someone who is agnostic. I would tell them of what I believe, using mainly scientific facts and then go off what is theoretically, but trying to make it so that it sounds like it could make sense. I highly doubt anyone will ever convert if they've already decided on their belief.

No, I meant what makes your religion unique. Convince me, for example.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:07:59 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:06:39 AM, Cermank wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Buddhism is a "religion" where any of its followers will be unable to convert to my religion.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:12:58 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:07:59 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Buddhism is a "religion" where any of its followers will be unable to convert to my religion.

Well, Hinayana sect isn't strictly a religion, tbh. It doesn't deal with the question of god, which it casts aside as a futile philosophical endevour with little to no benefit.

Plus I was born a Hindu, became a agnostic, then a spiritual and converted to Buddhism like 3 weeks back, so I doubt I'm set in my beliefs.

Come on, try at least.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:15:28 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:12:58 AM, Cermank wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Well, Hinayana sect isn't strictly a religion, tbh. It doesn't deal with the question of god, which it casts aside as a futile philosophical endevour with little to no benefit.

Plus I was born a Hindu, became a agnostic, then a spiritual and converted to Buddhism like 3 weeks back, so I doubt I'm set in my beliefs.

Come on, try at least.

Okay, here it goes: Want to become one of my zealots where you will be willing to risk your life for this belief and destroy the heretics, heathens, and profligates?

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:18:07 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:15:28 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Come on, try at least.

Okay, here it goes: Want to become one of my zealots where you will be willing to risk your life for this belief and destroy the heretics, heathens, and profligates?

lol that's definitely not a generalization of religions, if that's what you're trying to do.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:25:57 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:18:07 AM, Cermank wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Come on, try at least.

lol that's definitely not a generalization of religions, if that's what you're trying to do.

That's just the three classifications. Not my fault. Philosophical religions that are not theistic, such as Buddhism, are heathens to me.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:28:17 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:25:57 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Come on, try at least.

That's just the three classifications. Not my fault. Philosophical religions that are not theistic, such as Buddhism, are heathens to me.

Why is the belief in God so important to you?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:30:42 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:28:17 AM, Cermank wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Come on, try at least.

In my religion, there are no "virtues" or "sins", there's no way of life that is forced upon you, but the main goal is to preach it with great fervor to install the political system that goes along with it.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:31:45 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:30:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Come on, try at least.

In my religion, there are no "virtues" or "sins", there's no way of life that is forced upon you, but the main goal is to preach it with great fervor to install the political system that goes along with it.

Ah. Crafty. Which political system?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:32:18 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:31:45 AM, Cermank wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Come on, try at least.

My religious political system.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:33:24 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:32:18 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Come on, try at least.

i give up
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:34:08 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:33:24 AM, Cermank wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Come on, try at least.

i give up

Weak. You would never make it in my religion.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:35:36 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:34:08 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Come on, try at least.

i give up

look up absurdism.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:36:55 AM

Also, polls suck.

Come on, try at least.

i give up

That is nothing like my belief.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:38:22 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:35:36 AM, Cermank wrote:

Also, polls suck.

Come on, try at least.

i give up

look up absurdism.

In my belief, the Universe is not meaningless and we actually seek to restore order.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:42:35 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:38:22 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

In my belief, the Universe is not meaningless and we actually seek to restore order.

how?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:44:30 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:42:35 AM, Cermank wrote:

how?

The Universe has a huge amount of meaning and the goal is to solve its secrets and gain a deeper connection with the God(s). We restore order through creating a Utopia society and spreading our influence throughout the entire Universe. No conflicts of faith or political ideology. A united people under one faith. Yet, we are all considered equal.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:45:27 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:44:30 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

how?

The Universe has a huge amount of meaning and the goal is to solve its secrets and gain a deeper connection with the God(s). We restore order through creating a Utopia society and spreading our influence throughout the entire Universe. No conflicts of faith or political ideology. A united people under one faith. Yet, we are all considered equal.

communist scum
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:48:54 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:45:27 AM, Cermank wrote:

how?

communist scum

Communists are atheists, and we don't want to install a Marxist Utopia, since it will never work. We do want a free market, but the corporations, which will be turned into a massive government corporation with different branches, will be controlled by the government and not the other way around. People can start their own small businesses, they can buy crap from vendors, there's a Senate in the government. There are elections for governors. There are different social classes, unfortunately there are no rich or filthy rich though.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2014 10:54:05 AM
At 9/2/2014 10:48:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 9/2/2014 10:45:27 AM, Cermank wrote:

how?

communist scum

Communists are atheists, and we don't want to install a Marxist Utopia, since it will never work. We do want a free market, but the corporations, which will be turned into a massive government corporation with different branches, will be controlled by the government and not the other way around. People can start their own small businesses, they can buy crap from vendors, there's a Senate in the government. There are elections for governors. There are different social classes, unfortunately there are no rich or filthy rich though.

wait if there's free market, and people can start their own businesses, how will you stop people from being rich? take away their money?