Jump to topic:

A creepy stalker

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 3:25:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I need some help or ideas on what to do. No joking. This is serious. My friend is being stalked by some weird azz 24 year old guy. He keeps sending her txts like do you want to fvck and sh7t like that. Even asking if they want to go to a hotel and do things all the way.

He even knows her name saying he got it from a friend. This stalker somehow knows her number but not her facebook and any other social contacts.

What should she do and what should I do to help her? This stalker sends messages to her everyday and even during school. She's tried talking to teachers and councelors but they all turn her away.

Thanks for any replies guys. I admit I have a lot of trust in the intelligent people of DDO.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 4:38:34 AM
At 9/3/2014 3:25:43 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
I need some help or ideas on what to do. No joking. This is serious. My friend is being stalked by some weird azz 24 year old guy. He keeps sending her txts like do you want to fvck and sh7t like that. Even asking if they want to go to a hotel and do things all the way.

He even knows her name saying he got it from a friend. This stalker somehow knows her number but not her facebook and any other social contacts.

What should she do and what should I do to help her? This stalker sends messages to her everyday and even during school. She's tried talking to teachers and councelors but they all turn her away.

Thanks for any replies guys. I admit I have a lot of trust in the intelligent people of DDO.

She can block his number by calling the cell provider. Or does he call from different numbers?

Has she been clear that she's not interested? I know that's kind of obvious, but sometimes you have to be really blunt before men understand that. You have to say "stop contacting me I don't like it". And keep a record of that text in case you need it, because after that it's technically harassment I think.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 4:51:07 AM
Although if she's underage and he knows she is then maybe it's a crime and she should tell the police? I don't know what the law is.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 5:04:01 AM
At 9/3/2014 4:51:07 AM, Garbanza wrote:
Although if she's underage and he knows she is then maybe it's a crime and she should tell the police? I don't know what the law is.

Yes she is underage.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 5:06:12 AM
At 9/3/2014 4:38:34 AM, Garbanza wrote:

She can block his number by calling the cell provider. Or does he call from different numbers?
No just one. Thanks I told her this advice you gave. Shes figuring out how to block the guy now.

Has she been clear that she's not interested? I know that's kind of obvious, but sometimes you have to be really blunt before men understand that. You have to say "stop contacting me I don't like it". And keep a record of that text in case you need it, because after that it's technically harassment I think.

Thank you. I will tell her this.

Thank you so much for the reply and help. We will try and solve this before it becomes more serious.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 5:21:35 AM
I don't know...sounds like this dude is either drunk, awkward, or playing Damage Control and being terrible at it.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 5:58:24 PM
At 9/3/2014 5:21:35 AM, 9spaceking wrote:
I don't know...sounds like this dude is either drunk, awkward, or playing Damage Control and being terrible at it.

He's been going at it for weeks now.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2014 6:09:30 PM
This seems pretty serious. She should block his number, tell her friends not to give away her name/number, or any other personal information with out her consent to random people, and to get authorities if it worsens.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 3:04:25 AM

Have her text him, telling him to meet her in a specific location. Then, when he gets there, ambush him with a few other guys. Go all out though, get masked up, gloves, voice changers - whatever you have to conceal identity and remain anonymous. Also, bring some rope, tape, and a bolt cutter. Knock him out, tie him up, wake him up and begin the torture. From there, you have two choices - permanently take care of the issue by eliminating the threatening source, or scare him out of town.

That should take care of the issue.

Or you could just take the boring route of police trace leading to restraining order/changing her number. Whatever floats your boat.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 3:05:34 AM
At 9/4/2014 3:04:25 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Have her text him, telling him to meet her in a specific location. Then, when he gets there, ambush him with a few other guys. Go all out though, get masked up, gloves, voice changers - whatever you have to conceal identity and remain anonymous. Also, bring some rope, tape, and a bolt cutter. Knock him out, tie him up, wake him up and begin the torture. From there, you have two choices - permanently take care of the issue by eliminating the threatening source, or scare him out of town.

Or you could just take the boring route of police trace leading to restraining order/changing her number. Whatever floats your boat.

Thanks man. Knew I could count on you.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 3:06:06 AM

or the simplest method of blocking, but I believe that only works if she knows the number he is calling from - nothing would stop him from just calling her from a new number.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 3:07:47 AM
At 9/4/2014 3:05:34 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Always & Forever
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 3:08:50 AM
At 9/4/2014 3:07:47 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/4/2014 3:05:34 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Always & Forever

*thumps chest*
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 2:56:07 PM
At 9/4/2014 3:06:06 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

or the simplest method of blocking, but I believe that only works if she knows the number he is calling from - nothing would stop him from just calling her from a new number.

No, your first idea was much more practical and exciting. I have some guy friends who would actually do something like that if I asked them to.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 3:48:48 PM
At 9/5/2014 2:56:07 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
At 9/4/2014 3:06:06 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

No, your first idea was much more practical and exciting. I have some guy friends who would actually do something like that if I asked them to.

That's good to hear. It's always nice having guy friends who will woop dat @ss if you need them to. I've played that role for a few female friends before when they are dealing with creeps.
TheLastMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 5:21:50 PM
At 9/3/2014 5:21:35 AM, 9spaceking wrote:

He is probably a serial killer.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 10:40:31 AM

1. Contact the police if it is serious threat.
2. Contact phone company and block the call. It doesn't take much to learn someone's name and phone number. In fact, a random phone call that goes to voice mail will likely learn your name.
3. Turnabout is fair play. Text him back, get your friends to text him, call him, harass him. Chances are, he's a douche with few friends if he's doing this.

However, if you know this person:
1. Call the police.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 12:04:17 PM

Have her say he called and threatened to kill her. Then get a restraining order. If he texts after the restraining order he'll be facing some serious charges. Also doing some light investigating on stalking laws will help.

I assume she knows who it is if you gave an age, so seriously consider pursuing a restraining order even if you have to tell a white lie to get it.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 12:40:08 PM
Another idea is to agree to meet him in a hotel room, then go there.... with about 20 people to kick his a$$.
My work here is, finally, done.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 6:54:01 PM
At 9/6/2014 10:40:31 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

1. Contact the police if it is serious threat.
2. Contact phone company and block the call. It doesn't take much to learn someone's name and phone number. In fact, a random phone call that goes to voice mail will likely learn your name.
3. Turnabout is fair play. Text him back, get your friends to text him, call him, harass him. Chances are, he's a douche with few friends if he's doing this.

However, if you know this person:
1. Call the police.

Thank you. As of right now we have the situation under control.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 6:57:23 PM
At 9/6/2014 12:04:17 PM, Wylted wrote:

Have her say he called and threatened to kill her. Then get a restraining order. If he texts after the restraining order he'll be facing some serious charges. Also doing some light investigating on stalking laws will help.

I assume she knows who it is if you gave an age, so seriously consider pursuing a restraining order even if you have to tell a white lie to get it.

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 6:57:23 PM
At 9/6/2014 12:04:17 PM, Wylted wrote:

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 7:09:39 PM

Considering the situation has been resolved, I'll be offering advice on avoiding this type of situation in the future.

1. The friendship between your friend and her friend who gave her number out needs to be evaluated.

2. The stalker needs to be identified. Consider accepting his invitation and meeting him with police and or a large group being involved. If such a situation is pursued, I advise setting a place the stalker goes to and giving them an action to signify who they are. Sitting from a safe distance, you can I.D. them and take your leave (I advise this, due to the possibility of them having malicious intent). This will eliminate the possibility of them randomly approaching your friend.

3. Attempt to educate your friend regarding cyber safety. She has the option to block the number and as this has continued to this point, chose not to do it. She may also wish to look into using a type of whitelist system involving phone calls.

4. Convince her to try asking around her school. It may be a guy who has a crush on her and received her number via a friend.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2014 7:26:18 PM
At 9/6/2014 7:09:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Considering the situation has been resolved, I'll be offering advice on avoiding this type of situation in the future.

1. The friendship between your friend and her friend who gave her number out needs to be evaluated.

2. The stalker needs to be identified. Consider accepting his invitation and meeting him with police and or a large group being involved. If such a situation is pursued, I advise setting a place the stalker goes to and giving them an action to signify who they are. Sitting from a safe distance, you can I.D. them and take your leave (I advise this, due to the possibility of them having malicious intent). This will eliminate the possibility of them randomly approaching your friend.

3. Attempt to educate your friend regarding cyber safety. She has the option to block the number and as this has continued to this point, chose not to do it. She may also wish to look into using a type of whitelist system involving phone calls.

4. Convince her to try asking around her school. It may be a guy who has a crush on her and received her number via a friend.

Thank you. I'll keep this in mind and inform her.