Jump to topic:

Why are people so emotional?

Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 7:19:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
From my own experience on here, I have been noticing that many people have become more emotionally incline and less thoughtful. Meaning, emotions have become dominant over rationalization. Of course, this isn't just a problem on DDO, but everywhere.

My question to everyone is... why is this? Let's discuss the subject.
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 7:29:37 PM
At 9/4/2014 7:19:59 PM, Haroush wrote:
From my own experience on here, I have been noticing that many people have become more emotionally incline and less thoughtful. Meaning, emotions have become dominant over rationalization. Of course, this isn't just a problem on DDO, but everywhere.

Because people are eating, shiitting, violent, sex-crazed beasts, and not precise, logic-driven robots. They react on instinct. They care less about the truth than about self-preservation. If you attack the beliefs they hold dear, they will fight back by any means necessary.
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 7:30:58 PM
At 9/4/2014 7:29:37 PM, apb4y wrote:

Because people are eating, shiitting, violent, sex-crazed beasts, and not precise, logic-driven robots. They react on instinct. They care less about the truth than about self-preservation. If you attack the beliefs they hold dear, they will fight back by any means necessary.

One good answer, anymore? Also, would you elaborate for us please?
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 7:37:31 PM

because this site is just full of drama, hence why people leave. It's also because people are human beings. Emotions are bound to happen.
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2014 9:09:48 PM
At 9/4/2014 7:30:58 PM, Haroush wrote:

One good answer, anymore? Also, would you elaborate for us please?

Which parts would like to be clearer?
suaveguy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2014 1:20:17 AM
This answer is spot on:

To extend from this, self-preservation is more important than the truth; truth without self-preservation renders truth irrelevant. Sometimes the truth helps us, but sometimes the realisation of truth causes a conflict of interest that usually results in the truth being rejected or silenced.