Total Posts:118|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ten Things Gay Men Think You Should Know

YYW
Posts: 36,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 12:28:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Women:

1. We will give you fashion advice objectively, because we know we are the only people that will. It's really because we care -most of the time.

2. We know how tough guys can be. We both know them, and we love them, which is why we can relate. But, just because we can relate doesn't mean that we need to hear everything.

Men:

3. Just because you're a guy doesn't mean we find you attractive.

4. If we don't find you attractive, it's either because you're not our type, or because you're ugly.

5. Just because you're ugly doesn't mean we judge you, but it surely does mean that we're not going to be looking at you in the locker room.

Employers:

6. It is in your best interest to treat our spouses the same way as heterosexual couples.

7. We are due the same benefits that heterosexuals are.

Government:

8. SCOTUS, the ball is in your court.

9. Congress, we've got no faith in you do do anything.

10. Obama, keep doing what you're doing for gay rights. We appreciate it. We really do.
Tsar of DDO
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 12:33:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 12:28:19 AM, YYW wrote:

6. It is in your best interest to treat our spouses the same way as heterosexual couples.

Oh, man, that's so hard to get them to see, btw.

In contract negotiations, I had to argue for hours/days over giving FMLA to partners. And even then, I only got "blocks" of time--they wouldn't give intermittent-FMLA-equivalent hours, which is crap, but I got more than was available before.

The best part was when I said something a day later when talking about a different issue about my wife...and the head of HR started to sputter "Wait, you're married to a woman?! But..." and then caught herself because she's the head of HR and knew she should shut up. It was priceless...

Because of course you can't advocate for something out of principle, amirite?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
YYW
Posts: 36,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 12:35:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 12:33:30 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 9/5/2014 12:28:19 AM, YYW wrote:

6. It is in your best interest to treat our spouses the same way as heterosexual couples.

Oh, man, that's so hard to get them to see, btw.

In contract negotiations, I had to argue for hours/days over giving FMLA to partners. And even then, I only got "blocks" of time--they wouldn't give intermittent-FMLA-equivalent hours, which is crap, but I got more than was available before.

The best part was when I said something a day later when talking about a different issue about my wife...and the head of HR started to sputter "Wait, you're married to a woman?! But..." and then caught herself because she's the head of HR and knew she should shut up. It was priceless...

Because of course you can't advocate for something out of principle, amirite?

I would have loved to observe that conversation... rofl

I would also totally hire you for, like, any job I can think of.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 12:47:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 12:28:19 AM, YYW wrote:
Women:

1. We will give you fashion advice objectively, because we know we are the only people that will. It's really because we care -most of the time.

Very true ;)

2. We know how tough guys can be. We both know them, and we love them, which is why we can relate. But, just because we can relate doesn't mean that we need to hear everything.

Rofl...Unfortunately, my friends don't understand that last bit.

Men:

3. Just because you're a guy doesn't mean we find you attractive.

THIS. I've heard unattractive guys assume that every gay guy out there is somehow lusting after them.

4. If we don't find you attractive, it's either because you're not our type, or because you're ugly.

Also true.

5. Just because you're ugly doesn't mean we judge you, but it surely does mean that we're not going to be looking at you in the locker room.

Employers:

6. It is in your best interest to treat our spouses the same way as heterosexual couples.

7. We are due the same benefits that heterosexuals are.

Government:

8. SCOTUS, the ball is in your court.

9. Congress, we've got no faith in you do do anything.

10. Obama, keep doing what you're doing for gay rights. We appreciate it. We really do.

Right on.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 12:47:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 12:33:30 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 9/5/2014 12:28:19 AM, YYW wrote:

6. It is in your best interest to treat our spouses the same way as heterosexual couples.

Oh, man, that's so hard to get them to see, btw.

In contract negotiations, I had to argue for hours/days over giving FMLA to partners. And even then, I only got "blocks" of time--they wouldn't give intermittent-FMLA-equivalent hours, which is crap, but I got more than was available before.

The best part was when I said something a day later when talking about a different issue about my wife...and the head of HR started to sputter "Wait, you're married to a woman?! But..." and then caught herself because she's the head of HR and knew she should shut up. It was priceless...

Because of course you can't advocate for something out of principle, amirite?

That is hilarious, and awesome.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 12:49:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 12:33:30 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 9/5/2014 12:28:19 AM, YYW wrote:

6. It is in your best interest to treat our spouses the same way as heterosexual couples.

Oh, man, that's so hard to get them to see, btw.

In contract negotiations, I had to argue for hours/days over giving FMLA to partners. And even then, I only got "blocks" of time--they wouldn't give intermittent-FMLA-equivalent hours, which is crap, but I got more than was available before.

The best part was when I said something a day later when talking about a different issue about my wife...and the head of HR started to sputter "Wait, you're married to a woman?! But..." and then caught herself because she's the head of HR and knew she should shut up. It was priceless...

Because of course you can't advocate for something out of principle, amirite?

love this
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:20:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 12:33:30 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Because of course you can't advocate for something out of principle, amirite?

Of course not.
Everything you argue for you must have an immediate personal stake in.
My work here is, finally, done.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:20:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:14:38 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:10:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Great thread. Not really stupid and needy at all.

Says the baby.

I was quite an intelligent baby, dylan, let's not stereotype babies please, they are people too.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:21:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:20:58 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:14:38 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:10:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Great thread. Not really stupid and needy at all.

Says the baby.

I was quite an intelligent baby, dylan, let's not stereotype babies please, they are people too.

lol
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:22:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:20:58 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:14:38 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:10:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Great thread. Not really stupid and needy at all.

Says the baby.

I was quite an intelligent baby, dylan, let's not stereotype babies please, they are people too.

You never cease to amuse me (except usually).
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:23:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:10:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Great thread. Not really stupid and needy at all.

Great post, not really petty or childish at all.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:25:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:22:05 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:20:58 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:14:38 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:10:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Great thread. Not really stupid and needy at all.

Says the baby.

I was quite an intelligent baby, dylan, let's not stereotype babies please, they are people too.

You never cease to amuse me (except usually).

Pft, that post was great and so are all of my posts.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:26:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:23:55 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:10:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Great thread. Not really stupid and needy at all.

Great post, not really petty or childish at all.

This f*cking ageism...
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:27:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:25:54 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:22:05 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:20:58 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:14:38 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:10:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Great thread. Not really stupid and needy at all.

Says the baby.

I was quite an intelligent baby, dylan, let's not stereotype babies please, they are people too.

You never cease to amuse me (except usually).

Pft, that post was great and so are all of my posts.

Whatever you say mr.
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:28:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:26:35 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:23:55 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:10:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Great thread. Not really stupid and needy at all.

Great post, not really petty or childish at all.

This f*cking ageism...

Would you have preferred the term immature? You're not that young. You should know better.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:30:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:28:00 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:26:35 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:23:55 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:10:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Great thread. Not really stupid and needy at all.

Great post, not really petty or childish at all.

This f*cking ageism...

Would you have preferred the term immature? You're not that young. You should know better.

My friend, did you never think that perhaps you might be wanting for context? Let us not be so rash in our judgements of others, for that is maturity.

...unless you're me, because I am very intelligent.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:37:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am currently 15k words into my magnum opus and it will change the world, just watch. It's actually surprising writing it, I'm finding more and more intelligence, metaphor, and purpose in myself as I go (yes, it's autobiographical).
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:39:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:37:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I am currently 15k words into my magnum opus and it will change the world, just watch. It's actually surprising writing it, I'm finding more and more intelligence, metaphor, and purpose in myself as I go (yes, it's autobiographical).

Some of you guys will get a mention too!!
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:47:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:37:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I am currently 15k words into my magnum opus and it will change the world, just watch. It's actually surprising writing it, I'm finding more and more intelligence, metaphor, and purpose in myself as I go (yes, it's autobiographical).

Your magnum opus? Well, it's quite easy for it to be your best work if it's your only work, no?
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:49:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:47:28 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:37:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I am currently 15k words into my magnum opus and it will change the world, just watch. It's actually surprising writing it, I'm finding more and more intelligence, metaphor, and purpose in myself as I go (yes, it's autobiographical).

Your magnum opus? Well, it's quite easy for it to be your best work if it's your only work, no?

Don't be ridiculous, dylan; I have spent my entire life an artist.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:50:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:49:27 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:47:28 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:37:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I am currently 15k words into my magnum opus and it will change the world, just watch. It's actually surprising writing it, I'm finding more and more intelligence, metaphor, and purpose in myself as I go (yes, it's autobiographical).

Your magnum opus? Well, it's quite easy for it to be your best work if it's your only work, no?

Don't be ridiculous, dylan; I have spent my entire life an artist.

lol
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:51:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:50:24 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:49:27 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:47:28 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:37:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I am currently 15k words into my magnum opus and it will change the world, just watch. It's actually surprising writing it, I'm finding more and more intelligence, metaphor, and purpose in myself as I go (yes, it's autobiographical).

Your magnum opus? Well, it's quite easy for it to be your best work if it's your only work, no?

Don't be ridiculous, dylan; I have spent my entire life an artist.

lol

Oh, you laugh now, but you'll see.
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:52:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:30:33 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:28:00 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:26:35 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:23:55 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:10:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Great thread. Not really stupid and needy at all.

Great post, not really petty or childish at all.

This f*cking ageism...

Would you have preferred the term immature? You're not that young. You should know better.

My friend, did you never think that perhaps you might be wanting for context? Let us not be so rash in our judgements of others, for that is maturity.

...unless you're me, because I am very intelligent.

Perhaps you should be less condescending to people then. Take your own advice.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:54:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:52:43 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:30:33 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:28:00 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:26:35 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:23:55 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:10:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Great thread. Not really stupid and needy at all.

Great post, not really petty or childish at all.

This f*cking ageism...

Would you have preferred the term immature? You're not that young. You should know better.

My friend, did you never think that perhaps you might be wanting for context? Let us not be so rash in our judgements of others, for that is maturity.

...unless you're me, because I am very intelligent.

Perhaps you should be less condescending to people then. Take your own advice.

No, I don't think I should.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:55:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:51:35 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:50:24 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:49:27 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:47:28 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:37:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I am currently 15k words into my magnum opus and it will change the world, just watch. It's actually surprising writing it, I'm finding more and more intelligence, metaphor, and purpose in myself as I go (yes, it's autobiographical).

Your magnum opus? Well, it's quite easy for it to be your best work if it's your only work, no?

Don't be ridiculous, dylan; I have spent my entire life an artist.

lol

Oh, you laugh now, but you'll see.

Something tells me I'll be laughing when I read it too.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2014 1:58:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/5/2014 1:55:07 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:51:35 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:50:24 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:49:27 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:47:28 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 9/5/2014 1:37:42 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I am currently 15k words into my magnum opus and it will change the world, just watch. It's actually surprising writing it, I'm finding more and more intelligence, metaphor, and purpose in myself as I go (yes, it's autobiographical).

Your magnum opus? Well, it's quite easy for it to be your best work if it's your only work, no?

Don't be ridiculous, dylan; I have spent my entire life an artist.

lol

Oh, you laugh now, but you'll see.

Something tells me I'll be laughing when I read it too.

I doubt it. I have some absolutely absurd scenes to paint, but they're not going to be funny absurd.