Jump to topic:

Everyone on DDO has experienced isolation

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 6:09:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
As the title says. Before discovering DDO, every member here has experienced loneliness and isolation at least once in their lives.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2014 6:14:45 PM
Furthermore, it is very likely dysfunction of some kind that has brought the person here to shape the world differently.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 5:11:36 AM
Everyone in the whole world has experienced isolation. Even tiny babies. I don't think this is a good site for connecting. It's to practice arguing.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 5:28:35 PM
At 9/16/2014 6:09:42 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
As the title says. Before discovering DDO, every member here has experienced loneliness and isolation at least once in their lives.

I've done self-imposed isolation for a few months at a time. Obviously I have to go out into the world to get groceries or attend classes but I wouldn't allow myself a social life. It was a test. But it backfired. I enjoyed it to much and became really good friends with myself if that makes sense. Now I'm more anti-social than social, more introvert than extrovert. Either way, I love going silent for long periods of time, or laughing at people who can't handle silence. I plan on going off the grid at some point in my life. Probably after 20-30 years of slaving away for the man so that I can go off the grid in style.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 6:08:30 PM
At 9/18/2014 5:28:35 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I've done self-imposed isolation for a few months at a time. Obviously I have to go out into the world to get groceries or attend classes but I wouldn't allow myself a social life. It was a test. But it backfired. I enjoyed it to much and became really good friends with myself if that makes sense. Now I'm more anti-social than social, more introvert than extrovert. Either way, I love going silent for long periods of time, or laughing at people who can't handle silence. I plan on going off the grid at some point in my life. Probably after 20-30 years of slaving away for the man so that I can go off the grid in style.

Sounds awesome. I plan on off griding as well. Yes I know what you mean, I have become anti social as well. I do not know if it is a good thing or not though.

Where will you go?
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 6:57:35 PM

I plan on going off the grid at some point in my life.

I'm also an introvert, but I have to say that I can't imagine doing the same myself.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 1:24:19 AM
At 9/18/2014 6:08:30 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Sounds awesome. I plan on off griding as well. Yes I know what you mean, I have become anti social as well. I do not know if it is a good thing or not though.

Where will you go?

I want to end up either in New Zealand, Switzerland, or the Appalachian Mountains of western North Carolina. A dream spot would be Bhutan, China but it's starting to become too popular amongst expats.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 1:30:36 AM
At 9/18/2014 6:57:35 PM, Contra wrote:

I'm also an introvert, but I have to say that I can't imagine doing the same myself.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess there is a difference between introverts and those who take it a step further and remove themselves from society completely. For me, I don't think I'd be able to go off the grid while completely alone. I'd like, at-least, the company of a woman to share the experience with. The only way I'd ever go off-grid while completely alone would be if I aim to find enlightenment via absolute solitude. Both sound appealing to me, and I think it would ultimately depend on what I desire when that time comes.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 2:21:21 AM
At 9/19/2014 1:30:36 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/18/2014 6:57:35 PM, Contra wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess there is a difference between introverts and those who take it a step further and remove themselves from society completely. For me, I don't think I'd be able to go off the grid while completely alone. I'd like, at-least, the company of a woman to share the experience with. The only way I'd ever go off-grid while completely alone would be if I aim to find enlightenment via absolute solitude. Both sound appealing to me, and I think it would ultimately depend on what I desire when that time comes.

I think the woman idea sounds better.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 6:02:53 AM

I think most people here suffer from superiority-inferiority complex, a combination of both. Society tends to push away intelligence. Leading them to straight to DDO.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 7:24:52 AM

Every human being.............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 4:20:15 PM

In my case by choice, people can really be back stabbing Aholes.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 8:07:49 PM
At 9/25/2014 4:20:15 PM, sadolite wrote:

In my case by choice, people can really be back stabbing Aholes.

I feel you.