Jump to topic:

How to deal with Tinnitus?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 10:05:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have this condition and I'm afraid it's permanent. It's driving me nuts. It takes a long time for me to sleep. Anyone else who can help me or relate?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2014 6:49:46 AM
At 9/20/2014 10:05:50 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I have this condition and I'm afraid it's permanent. It's driving me nuts. It takes a long time for me to sleep. Anyone else who can help me or relate?

http://www.mayoclinic.org...
http://www.nhs.uk...
http://www.emedicinehealth.com...

Visit a doctor?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2014 6:55:42 AM

Whenever I have it, I just drown it out with music that I like, It usually does the job
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2014 9:58:40 AM
At 9/21/2014 6:55:42 AM, NiamC wrote:

Whenever I have it, I just drown it out with music that I like, It usually does the job

You have it Niam???
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2014 10:50:17 AM
At 9/21/2014 9:58:40 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

You have it Niam???

Yeha, Im also part deaf and PROUD!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2014 11:10:06 AM
nothing helps, zinc supplement is the only thing that has been shown to MAYBE ease the ringing and noises temporarily. DO NOT FALL FOR ANYTHING THEY TRY TO SELL
YOU AS "TINNITUS RELIEF"~~~it's all junk, high priced to take advantage of you because they know the ringing drives you half nuts and many people will pay the high price at least once to try it. They make a fast fortune and then everybdoy knows the junk don't work and it's gone off the market. The only thing that ever worked was when they did experimental brain surgery on one man whose tinnitus was so bad it was literally driving him insane and making him unable to function, staying indoors to avoid noise. That brain surgery worked, they cut someting in his brain that received the ringing noises so he didn't hear it any more.

The only thing you can do is avoid noise as much as possible, let your ears rest away from noise as much as possible. Wear hearing protection, ear muffs or good ear plugs whenever you have to be around noise. The more you are around noise, the worse the ringing will get as you get older. I'm speaking from experience. My ears started ringing permanently in 1988. A couple years after it started, I had to abandon my landscaping business which was booming in boomtown USA. My ears were really going nuts and sometimes one ear or the other would completely shut down and go deaf for a few seconds. That scared me enough to sell off my business and start being extremely careful to avoid noise and wear hearing protection..

When I was working my business before I really got scared, I was using double protection.....ear plugs under ear muffs......not enough, the vibrations of the loud noise coming through my head was too much on my already damaged ears.

Peaple who listen to loud music day in and day out, drive around in their cars with boom boxes going, are just plain dumb.....besides being annoying to people who appreciate peace and quiet. They will get what they deserve when their ears start ringing, God (and anybody who knows me well enough) knows I deserve a lot worse than to suffer from tinitis as I do now. I don't wish this on anybody, but I had it coming to me and people who think loud noise is cool have it coming to them also.

Avoid noise. Enjoy peace and quiet as much as you can. Abandon crap music.

Sorry. The Judgements of God are good. The truth is not always pleasant for us, but God turns it all to good for those who love Him.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2014 11:20:14 AM
Don't waste your money or time on doctors or any over the counter remedies. There is nothign that can be done for you. The only thing that helps is to avoid noise.
Zinc xupplements may ease the ringing at night, but they have not been clearly shown to help. Sometimes it helps me, more often not.

You just have to get used to it..........but if you think taking zinc will make you more tolerant of noise and less prone to ringing, that's a big mistake. The best you can hope for is temporary partial relief from zinc. You have to avoid noise as much as possible. I have researched this extensively and paid the money for the products designed to make a fast fortune off of desparate suckers.

My hearing is extremely good now because I have to avoid noise and I have to sort out the ringing from real sound around me. My normal hearing is almost like super hearing. I easily hear things most people do not hear. The ringing is annoying, but you get used to it and if you let it be an instructor for you to appreciate peace and quiet, your hearing powers can actually be strengthened by the condition. People don't believe how much I can hear. Sometimes when I prove to them what I am hearing from a long distance away, their jaw drops in amazement and I point my finger at them and say .....SEE!!! you heard it, I told you!!!
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2014 11:25:50 AM

If you want to end up partly deaf or comepletly deaf...follow the bad advice others are giving you here.......if you want to spend money hoping for a solution, make sure you keep enough money for food and get your rent paid. The ringing is bad enough without being homeless and hungry.

Listen to wise counsel on this or spend a lot of money and go deaf......but the main thing is this......being sure you know your sins are forgiven and you are going to heaven. Some people think they have the right to fly around in existence forever free of pain or punishment.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 10:46:40 AM
My dad has it, and for him it's permanent. He has good days and bad days--he hasn't found any solution for it. However, visiting a doctor to discuss it still seems prudent.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 1:34:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/22/2014 10:46:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:
My dad has it, and for him it's permanent. He has good days and bad days--he hasn't found any solution for it. However, visiting a doctor to discuss it still seems prudent.

I can't afford it right now. It's gotten pretty bad psychologically and physically.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 1:38:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/21/2014 10:50:17 AM, NiamC wrote:
At 9/21/2014 9:58:40 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

You have it Niam???

Yeha, Im also part deaf and PROUD!

What caused it?