Jump to topic:

I'm confused.

apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2014 10:40:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I was in a chat room earlier (I was bored), and some random logged in and announced they were going to kill themselves. The chat room moderator kicked them out, saying that nobody likes attention wh0res and it's against the rules to threaten self-harm.

Assuming the random wasn't trolling, isn't kicking them out going to potentially encourage them to follow-through? It seems a rather stupid policy to have.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 10:44:28 AM
At 9/21/2014 10:40:48 PM, apb4y wrote:
I was in a chat room earlier (I was bored), and some random logged in and announced they were going to kill themselves. The chat room moderator kicked them out, saying that nobody likes attention wh0res and it's against the rules to threaten self-harm.

Assuming the random wasn't trolling, isn't kicking them out going to potentially encourage them to follow-through? It seems a rather stupid policy to have.

Not necessarily. Kicking him out is better than encouraging him to actually kill himself.

There once was a live webcam show on 4chan where this guy was going to kill himself and a bunch of people encouraged him to so he set his room on fire and hid him and his laptop under his bed so that he could last longer. The people in the chatroom witnessed live how he burned to death and eventually was dragged out of the room by firefighters.

He was a hero in the 4chan community.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 4:11:20 PM

Ok. If you really were to kill yourself... Would you go to a chatroom like it's breaking news you want to kill yourself (with a friend btw!)?

It really seemed like attention hos
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 4:11:31 PM
At 9/22/2014 10:44:28 AM, Defro wrote:

Not necessarily. Kicking him out is better than encouraging him to actually kill himself.

There once was a live webcam show on 4chan where this guy was going to kill himself and a bunch of people encouraged him to so he set his room on fire and hid him and his laptop under his bed so that he could last longer. The people in the chatroom witnessed live how he burned to death and eventually was dragged out of the room by firefighters.

4chan is crazy. I'm surprised the laptop survived though.
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 11:52:13 PM
At 9/22/2014 4:11:31 PM, apb4y wrote:
At 9/22/2014 10:44:28 AM, Defro wrote:

4chan is crazy. I'm surprised the laptop survived though.

I heard of that. I think he lived. He just passed out via smoke inhalation.