Barely Escaped Expulsion From School!

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 6:07:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hai hai hai!
So I stood on the fifth floor ledge, and walked on it for like a minute. I did not do it on purpose, but apparently if I endanger my life my school shiits a brick. In any case I escaped expulsion with my dad, and mom apologizing.

Thing is, I really did not realize I was doing anything scary. Never had a fear of heights so I pretty much used to jump from roof to roof when I was younger. I guess I never rationalized.

It was stupid of me, I shan't ever do it again, but still, I think that the threat of expulsion was rather severe, no?
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 7:35:47 AM
At 9/22/2014 6:07:30 AM, Ajabi wrote:
It was stupid of me, I shan't ever do it again, but still, I think that the threat of expulsion was rather severe, no?

It was.
Nolite Timere
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 7:48:19 AM
Hai hai hai!
So I stood on the fifth floor ledge, and walked on it for like a minute. I did not do it on purpose, but apparently if I endanger my life my school shiits a brick. In any case I escaped expulsion with my dad, and mom apologizing.

Thing is, I really did not realize I was doing anything scary. Never had a fear of heights so I pretty much used to jump from roof to roof when I was younger. I guess I never rationalized.

School's workers can almost be accused of homicide if you die in school. So no, it wasn't severe at all, it was the common punishment for doing such a thing.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 9:43:29 AM
At 9/22/2014 7:11:21 AM, fazz wrote:
What did they accuse you of like killing yourself?

Nah, seeing as how I was pretty calm, and not to mention smiling at my friends...
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 10:22:32 AM

lol I feel you brotha. I almost got kicked out of my school too, but instead of something stupid like you, I got in trouble because of marijuana.

Fortunately, I did not get kicked out. Unfortunately, my friend got kicked out that same day because he had a bunch of prescription drugs that he stole from his mom's drug store in his locker. What an idiot lol. The worst place to put that stuff is your locker.

Needless to say, after that I really got my sh*t together. Never touched any substances except alcohol and tobacco ever since. Saving it for after I graduate XD
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 10:36:15 AM
At 9/22/2014 10:22:32 AM, Defro wrote:

lol I feel you brotha. I almost got kicked out of my school too, but instead of something stupid like you, I got in trouble because of marijuana.

Fortunately, I did not get kicked out. Unfortunately, my friend got kicked out that same day because he had a bunch of prescription drugs that he stole from his mom's drug store in his locker. What an idiot lol. The worst place to put that stuff is your locker.

Needless to say, after that I really got my sh*t together. Never touched any substances except alcohol and tobacco ever since. Saving it for after I graduate XD

As if alcohol and tobacco are good. -_-
In any case I think schools over push it a bit. Hai hai hai.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 10:48:33 AM
At 9/22/2014 10:36:15 AM, Ajabi wrote:

As if alcohol and tobacco are good. -_-

They aren't on the long-term. But they do help emotionally unstable and stressed teenagers calm down or forget about their stress.

If a teen gets in a fight with his parents and ran away and is freaking out, a cigarette and a friend are the perfect things to help him cool down.

If a teen just finished his final exams with great scores, alcohol is great for celebrating.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 2:51:59 PM
Hai hai hai!

So the schools are excessively liberalized in Pakistan too?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 6:33:17 PM
At 9/22/2014 7:48:19 AM, Otokage wrote:
Hai hai hai!

School's workers can almost be accused of homicide if you die in school. So no, it wasn't severe at all, it was the common punishment for doing such a thing.

Not from here. No workers is culpable for accidents at the workplace. In case, he actually fell of the roof I doubt nobody would even report it to the authorities.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 6:37:17 PM
At 9/22/2014 2:51:59 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hai hai hai!

how do you mean..
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 8:26:50 PM
At 9/22/2014 6:37:17 PM, fazz wrote:
Hai hai hai!

how do you mean..

Intensive Federal Government standards and regulations in schools, telling schools what they must do, what they cannot do, what "healthy" diet the students must eat, that a teacher cannot touch a student at all or face charges, that students who play finger pistols must be expelled, etc.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 8:31:12 PM

You in America?
They are afraid of being sued.
My work here is, finally, done.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 8:31:41 PM
At 9/22/2014 8:26:50 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hai hai hai!

how do you mean..

Intensive Federal Government standards and regulations in schools, telling schools what they must do, what they cannot do, what "healthy" diet the students must eat, that a teacher cannot touch a student at all or face charges, that students who play finger pistols must be expelled, etc.

So how would you school kids?
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 8:35:04 PM
Hai hai hai!

What caused you to roam up on the fifth floor ledge to begin with?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2014 8:39:03 PM
At 9/22/2014 8:31:41 PM, fazz wrote:
At 9/22/2014 8:26:50 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Hai hai hai!

how do you mean..

So how would you school kids?

Let the schools and states have a greater say in it. Don't ban kids for doing a finger pistol with their second finger. If the school could, they should have two teachers in every classroom. Bullying should be dealt with by both the teachers and volunteer student hallway patrols. Distribution of funds for schools would be determined by school populations and requests for more funds would go to inspectors who would check the conditions of the schools and determine whether or not they need more funding.

apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 12:50:19 AM
I never got punished for climbing school buildings. The principal even watched while I performed a series of complex maneuvers to scale one building, and then said, "Very good. Would you like to get down now?"

It sounds like your school is run by fascists.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 3:08:14 AM
At 9/22/2014 6:33:17 PM, fazz wrote:
Hai hai hai!

Not from here. No workers is culpable for accidents at the workplace. In case, he actually fell of the roof I doubt nobody would even report it to the authorities.

Not even the fathers? I would.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 11:09:00 AM
At 9/23/2014 3:08:14 AM, Otokage wrote:
Hai hai hai!

Well, I didn't mean it like that. I just mean it would not be the schools fault what happened to some dumb kid who thought he was Super-man and jumped off 5th floor..
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 1:42:58 PM
At 9/23/2014 11:09:00 AM, fazz wrote:
Hai hai hai!

Well, I didn't mean it like that. I just mean it would not be the schools fault what happened to some dumb kid who thought he was Super-man and jumped off 5th floor..

I know. But the school workers are supposed to take care of the kids and what happens in school is their responsibility. If some kid is harm in school, the school staff is always responsible from the judicial point of view.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 2:12:35 PM
At 9/23/2014 1:42:58 PM, Otokage wrote:

I know. But the school workers are supposed to take care of the kids and what happens in school is their responsibility. If some kid is harm in school, the school staff is always responsible from the judicial point of view.

Exactly.
There are legal issues in play here that are unique to other "workplaces".
Namely: they are minors, and they MUST be in school (compulsory education). This unique mix creates unique legal issues.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 2:57:41 PM
Hai hai hai!

I don't think that came out as you meant it to, seeing as you just implied only Democrats care about the well-being of schoolchildren.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 3:10:52 PM
At 9/23/2014 2:57:41 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Hai hai hai!

I don't think that came out as you meant it to, seeing as you just implied only Democrats care about the well-being of schoolchildren.

What I mean is that Liberals are like the mothers who make their kids wear five layers of winter clothing when going outside on cold days.

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 3:17:13 PM
At 9/23/2014 3:10:52 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 9/23/2014 2:57:41 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Hai hai hai!

What I mean is that Liberals are like the mothers who make their kids wear five layers of winter clothing when going outside on cold days.

I think you'd have a tough time demonstrating that comparison accurately.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 4:10:45 PM
I was expelled for some stupidity as well. In 10th grade I did whatever I wanted and it finally came to a straw that broke the camel's back. I never did anything bad at school. I just did what I wanted. If I was assigned a homework assignment, I'd give myself a new one and turn it in. Lunch was supposed to be eaten in the cafeteria, but I liked fresh air so I refused to and are mine outside.

Actually I ate outside once and the principle was very impatient with me and I informed him I do what I want to. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've never been much of a conformist, so school was very rough.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 7:24:05 PM
At 9/23/2014 11:09:00 AM, fazz wrote:
Hai hai hai!

The police would not get involved. The school would inform the parents.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 7:26:11 PM
At 9/23/2014 2:12:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Exactly.
Namely: they are minors, and they MUST be in school (compulsory education).

They are not compelled to go. There is no "compulsory education", period.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 7:31:35 PM
At 9/23/2014 7:26:11 PM, fazz wrote:

Exactly.

In America, they are.
https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us...
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 7:33:38 PM
At 9/23/2014 7:31:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Exactly.

In America, they are.

But what about home-schooled kids?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2014 7:41:32 PM
At 9/23/2014 7:33:38 PM, fazz wrote:
At 9/23/2014 7:31:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Exactly.

In America, they are.

But what about home-schooled kids?

What about them?
Are they not in school? What does that change about my comment?
If you are not in a private school or home school, you MUST enroll in the public school or you are in violation of the law.
So, tell me how there is no compulsory education, and/or why that isn't a legal issue in regards to lawsuits of public schools.