Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Strong woman vs. submissive woman?

Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 11:36:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
What would you prefer? As a guy, i prefer a woman with a strong character, independent, etc. Someone who stands up for themselves, respects others, is well educated, defends herself and others, knows who she is and doesn't compare herself to others, pretty much someone who will not be stepped on by anyone.
NiamC
Posts: 905
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 11:42:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/25/2014 11:36:54 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
What would you prefer? As a guy, i prefer a woman with a strong character, independent, etc. Someone who stands up for themselves, respects others, is well educated, defends herself and others, knows who she is and doesn't compare herself to others, pretty much someone who will not be stepped on by anyone.

I would say that an ideal women is someone who is strong minded, caring, intelligent, independant, learns from mistakes, is open to advice from others. And respects themselves. So yeah, strong character
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 11:42:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/25/2014 11:42:35 AM, NiamC wrote:
At 9/25/2014 11:36:54 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
What would you prefer? As a guy, i prefer a woman with a strong character, independent, etc. Someone who stands up for themselves, respects others, is well educated, defends herself and others, knows who she is and doesn't compare herself to others, pretty much someone who will not be stepped on by anyone.

I would say that an ideal women is someone who is strong minded, caring, intelligent, independant, learns from mistakes, is open to advice from others. And respects themselves. So yeah, strong character

Amen
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 11:49:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/25/2014 11:36:54 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
What would you prefer? As a guy, i prefer a woman with a strong character, independent, etc. Someone who stands up for themselves, respects others, is well educated, defends herself and others, knows who she is and doesn't compare herself to others, pretty much someone who will not be stepped on by anyone.

I think society gives females conflicting views on how they should act. The same characters in film and television are in one moment wielding a machine gun and in the next clinging faintly to her male savior. Let's just let women decide who they want to be: as sensitive or tough as she likes. Let us support and respect the woman's whole nuanced and flawed person.
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 12:01:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/25/2014 11:49:56 PM, kbub wrote:
At 9/25/2014 11:36:54 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
What would you prefer? As a guy, i prefer a woman with a strong character, independent, etc. Someone who stands up for themselves, respects others, is well educated, defends herself and others, knows who she is and doesn't compare herself to others, pretty much someone who will not be stepped on by anyone.

I think society gives females conflicting views on how they should act. The same characters in film and television are in one moment wielding a machine gun and in the next clinging faintly to her male savior. Let's just let women decide who they want to be: as sensitive or tough as she likes. Let us support and respect the woman's whole nuanced and flawed person.

Very true, i like either one as well, but it takes a lot of responsibility, character, patience, and commitment to handle a submissive woman at least in my view. Guess i realized that they need someone who's there for them and help them be complete in essence. I'm a bit divided on this topic.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 12:17:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/26/2014 12:01:00 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 9/25/2014 11:49:56 PM, kbub wrote:
At 9/25/2014 11:36:54 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
What would you prefer? As a guy, i prefer a woman with a strong character, independent, etc. Someone who stands up for themselves, respects others, is well educated, defends herself and others, knows who she is and doesn't compare herself to others, pretty much someone who will not be stepped on by anyone.

I think society gives females conflicting views on how they should act. The same characters in film and television are in one moment wielding a machine gun and in the next clinging faintly to her male savior. Let's just let women decide who they want to be: as sensitive or tough as she likes. Let us support and respect the woman's whole nuanced and flawed person.

Very true, i like either one as well, but it takes a lot of responsibility, character, patience, and commitment to handle a submissive woman at least in my view. Guess i realized that they need someone who's there for them and help them be complete in essence. I'm a bit divided on this topic.

I think you may have missed the point I'm trying to make. I'm trying to say that women are persons, and as such are nuanced. It is not the man's role to dictate the character of the female. And certainly, the character of the woman should not be valued
dependent on its efficacy in pleasing a man. While I admire that you prefer strength of character in your partner, I worry you are trying to fit women into an impossible mold--they are not "submissive" or "strong", as if those features existed outside of context. It would be misleading, I think, to encourage women to fit these molds. Instead, I think it is important to focus on the personhood of the woman individually, and not how well they fit a particular man's ideals.
apb4y
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 3:27:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/25/2014 10:49:43 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 9/25/2014 5:12:46 PM, apb4y wrote:
I'd like a woman who is both.

Why?

The ability to alternate keeps the sex from getting boring.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 4:13:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/26/2014 3:27:07 AM, apb4y wrote:
At 9/25/2014 10:49:43 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 9/25/2014 5:12:46 PM, apb4y wrote:
I'd like a woman who is both.

Why?

The ability to alternate keeps the sex from getting boring.

+1 for BDSM/kink reference
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 11:00:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/26/2014 12:17:43 AM, kbub wrote:
At 9/26/2014 12:01:00 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 9/25/2014 11:49:56 PM, kbub wrote:
At 9/25/2014 11:36:54 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
What would you prefer? As a guy, i prefer a woman with a strong character, independent, etc. Someone who stands up for themselves, respects others, is well educated, defends herself and others, knows who she is and doesn't compare herself to others, pretty much someone who will not be stepped on by anyone.

I think society gives females conflicting views on how they should act. The same characters in film and television are in one moment wielding a machine gun and in the next clinging faintly to her male savior. Let's just let women decide who they want to be: as sensitive or tough as she likes. Let us support and respect the woman's whole nuanced and flawed person.

Very true, i like either one as well, but it takes a lot of responsibility, character, patience, and commitment to handle a submissive woman at least in my view. Guess i realized that they need someone who's there for them and help them be complete in essence. I'm a bit divided on this topic.

I think you may have missed the point I'm trying to make. I'm trying to say that women are persons, and as such are nuanced. It is not the man's role to dictate the character of the female. And certainly, the character of the woman should not be valued
dependent on its efficacy in pleasing a man. While I admire that you prefer strength of character in your partner, I worry you are trying to fit women into an impossible mold--they are not "submissive" or "strong", as if those features existed outside of context. It would be misleading, I think, to encourage women to fit these molds. Instead, I think it is important to focus on the personhood of the woman individually, and not how well they fit a particular man's ideals.

I'm not really the type of person to idealize woman (sorry if it came off that way). What i'm trying to say is i'm against the way women are treated at least in the area where i'm from and trying to address some problems in society. People should be known for individuality, but no one should be submissive in the sense that they let themselves be abused, taken advantage of, etc. I understand everyone is unique in their own way and you just have to somehow figure it out.
lannan13
Posts: 23,107
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 6:20:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/25/2014 11:36:54 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
What would you prefer? As a guy, i prefer a woman with a strong character, independent, etc. Someone who stands up for themselves, respects others, is well educated, defends herself and others, knows who she is and doesn't compare herself to others, pretty much someone who will not be stepped on by anyone.

Though I would prefer someone who had a mind of there own and who could operate on there own, but I would be lying to you if I didn't say that I would love a women who is submissive.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:25:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/27/2014 6:20:58 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 9/25/2014 11:36:54 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
What would you prefer? As a guy, i prefer a woman with a strong character, independent, etc. Someone who stands up for themselves, respects others, is well educated, defends herself and others, knows who she is and doesn't compare herself to others, pretty much someone who will not be stepped on by anyone.

Though I would prefer someone who had a mind of there own and who could operate on there own, but I would be lying to you if I didn't say that I would love a women who is submissive.

Why?
Otokage
Posts: 2,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 4:26:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
overall, i prefer men, not women. But I prefer strong woman over submissive. Hell I can't stand submissive women, they break my nerves.