Jump to topic:

Fight with a "friend"

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 9:23:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So i got into a small verbal fight with a friend and i was really annoyed with his attitude. He was talking down to me and was telling me "If you were a man, you would use logic, you know like a real man does and admit your wrongs like a real man does." I basically told him "I know who i am, God made me a man, so i don't need anyone to tell me who i am or what i need to do." I resisted this other more prideful voice telling me "just let me out.." I was about to literally call him out on all of his bull and disrespect his deceased Aunt hard. Not insult her or anything, but just make him think about how she would react if she saw him act like this.

I'm just frustrated with the way men like him are in the world. He has such a big ego and feels like he needs to prove his masculinity by belittling others, expecting praise for his abilities, showing off his muscles, brags about getting laid regularly, but he's insecure inside. I have a deep feeling that despite him bullying me, he secretly wants to be me.

I'll be the first to admit, i don't fit the stereotypes. I'm my own individual with my own strengths and weaknesses. I don't need to work out, play music, go to work, fight, etc. to prove my worth and manliness. I'm just a person trying to make it in life and find my place in the world. I'm trying to use my abilities to help the world be a better place and use them for others.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 9:36:06 PM
At 9/27/2014 9:23:46 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
So i got into a small verbal fight with a friend and i was really annoyed with his attitude. He was talking down to me and was telling me "If you were a man, you would use logic, you know like a real man does and admit your wrongs like a real man does." I basically told him "I know who i am, God made me a man, so i don't need anyone to tell me who i am or what i need to do." I resisted this other more prideful voice telling me "just let me out.." I was about to literally call him out on all of his bull and disrespect his deceased Aunt hard. Not insult her or anything, but just make him think about how she would react if she saw him act like this.

I'm just frustrated with the way men like him are in the world. He has such a big ego and feels like he needs to prove his masculinity by belittling others, expecting praise for his abilities, showing off his muscles, brags about getting laid regularly, but he's insecure inside. I have a deep feeling that despite him bullying me, he secretly wants to be me.

I'll be the first to admit, i don't fit the stereotypes. I'm my own individual with my own strengths and weaknesses. I don't need to work out, play music, go to work, fight, etc. to prove my worth and manliness. I'm just a person trying to make it in life and find my place in the world. I'm trying to use my abilities to help the world be a better place and use them for others.

Okay...
I still do not understand what this thread is about. Typically people discuss things in threads, but I don't understand what is to be discussed in this thread.

But here's something I noticed: you also came out to be a little bit arrogant there. Sometimes, a display of humbleness can be prideful in its own right.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 9:42:39 PM
At 9/27/2014 9:36:06 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Okay...
I still do not understand what this thread is about. Typically people discuss things in threads, but I don't understand what is to be discussed in this thread.

But here's something I noticed: you also came out to be a little bit arrogant there. Sometimes, a display of humbleness can be prideful in its own right.

I'm just ranting about how people like that just step on me and others.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 10:04:21 PM
I won't say i'm better than him because i'm not. I'll admit, he does have some desirable abilities. Yea, i have a lot of problems, but i don't tolerate disrespect.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 6:22:46 AM
. I have a deep feeling that despite him bullying me, he secretly wants

I did not read this entire thing , but I can promise you this part is false
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 8:58:51 AM

I'll be the first to admit, i don't fit the stereotypes. I'm my own individual with my own strengths and weaknesses. I don't need to work out, play music, go to work, fight, etc. to prove my worth and manliness. I'm just a person trying to make it in life and find my place in the world. I'm trying to use my abilities to help the world be a better place and use them for others

He will only show you the respect that you give him.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:50:21 AM
At 9/29/2014 8:58:51 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

I'll be the first to admit, i don't fit the stereotypes. I'm my own individual with my own strengths and weaknesses. I don't need to work out, play music, go to work, fight, etc. to prove my worth and manliness. I'm just a person trying to make it in life and find my place in the world. I'm trying to use my abilities to help the world be a better place and use them for others

He will only show you the respect that you give him.

I gave him alot of respect because i kinda looked up to him. I never talked back to him, never made fun of him, i was nice to him, even when he was disrespectful at times, i never retaliated against what he said.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 10:11:07 AM
At 9/29/2014 11:50:21 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Haha your friend sounds just like me. I had a friend that I treated like this. And I did it because he was a wimp, and he was. He looked up to me and I viewed him as inferior. He was just so passive around me. If he liked oreos I can convince him that he hated it.

But that changed. He changed. He maned up and stopped being my b*tch. At first I was sort of mad because here's this kid who I belittled and he's trying to put himself on the same level as me.

So we got into a fight and he wore brass knuckles and cracked my ribs, which upset me a lot, but also increased my respect for him because months before, he wouldn't dare hurt me no matter how much of a jerk I was to him. Needless to say I got him back another day by tasing him.

But after that, I respected him and realized that I was being a jerk and I viewed him as an equal ever since. Sometimes I even admire him.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 11:07:16 AM
At 9/30/2014 10:11:07 AM, Defro wrote:

Haha your friend sounds just like me. I had a friend that I treated like this. And I did it because he was a wimp, and he was. He looked up to me and I viewed him as inferior. He was just so passive around me. If he liked oreos I can convince him that he hated it.

But that changed. He changed. He maned up and stopped being my b*tch. At first I was sort of mad because here's this kid who I belittled and he's trying to put himself on the same level as me.

So we got into a fight and he wore brass knuckles and cracked my ribs, which upset me a lot, but also increased my respect for him because months before, he wouldn't dare hurt me no matter how much of a jerk I was to him. Needless to say I got him back another day by tasing him.

But after that, I respected him and realized that I was being a jerk and I viewed him as an equal ever since. Sometimes I even admire him.

lol i'm not his little slave and he knows it. He knows that we're equal because we both make mistakes and have our own strengths and weaknesses. I say what i want when i want if i want, that's why he probably doesn't like me because i figure stuff out on my own. Whatever he's trying to show isn't working because he already knows i'll stand up for myself, but approaching me like that makes me think less of him as a friend.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 2:39:33 PM

Holy cow, what crap neighborhood do you live in?!

Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 8:54:21 PM
At 9/30/2014 2:39:33 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

I live in Thailand.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 8:56:57 PM
At 9/30/2014 8:54:21 PM, Defro wrote:

I live in Thailand.

#OnlyThailand
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 8:57:38 PM
At 9/30/2014 8:56:57 PM, XLAV wrote:

I live in Thailand.

#OnlyInThailand

Fix'd
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 9:15:25 PM

I live in Thailand.

You make it sound like in Thailand every day is the Hunger Games.

Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 8:15:33 AM
At 9/30/2014 9:15:25 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

It's really not. And the neighborhood I live in has nothing to do with it too. In fact I live in a pretty decent neighborhood.

My friend and I are actually pretty civilized and nice to each other. But we got into one huge fight. And he happened to have brass knuckles for protection. At night, all the pubs and bars open, and most of the people within my social group go out and drink. There are some pretty dangerous people lurking at night like ladyboys and really violent drunk people, so my friend bought brass knuckles. It was for that same reason I bought a taser.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 6:43:08 PM
At 10/2/2014 8:15:33 AM, Defro wrote:
At 9/30/2014 9:15:25 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

It's really not. And the neighborhood I live in has nothing to do with it too. In fact I live in a pretty decent neighborhood.

My friend and I are actually pretty civilized and nice to each other. But we got into one huge fight. And he happened to have brass knuckles for protection. At night, all the pubs and bars open, and most of the people within my social group go out and drink. There are some pretty dangerous people lurking at night like ladyboys and really violent drunk people, so my friend bought brass knuckles. It was for that same reason I bought a taser.

I'm guessing that there are a lot of pedophiles in Thailand.

Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 10:09:41 PM
At 10/2/2014 6:43:08 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

There are pedophiles everywhere. Thailand just has a lot of homosexuals. One of them once convinced me to get into his car to give him directions because he was lost and he molested me.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 11:55:53 PM
At 10/2/2014 10:09:41 PM, Defro wrote:

There are pedophiles everywhere. Thailand just has a lot of homosexuals. One of them once convinced me to get into his car to give him directions because he was lost and he molested me.

I thought you said that he just touched your butt and then you got out of the vehicle.

Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 12:08:25 AM
At 10/2/2014 11:55:53 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

I thought you said that he just touched your butt and then you got out of the vehicle.

He put his hand in my pants and then I got out. He didn't touch my butt because I was sitting down. He almost touched my penis. But that still counts as molest.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 12:09:30 AM
At 10/3/2014 12:08:25 AM, Defro wrote:

He put his hand in my pants and then I got out. He didn't touch my butt because I was sitting down. He almost touched my penis. But that still counts as molest.

Did you report him to the police?

Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 2:27:30 AM
At 10/3/2014 12:09:30 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/3/2014 12:08:25 AM, Defro wrote:

Did you report him to the police?

No. It wouldn't have done anything anyway. Police in Thailand is corrupt.