ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 12:56:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 12:19:28 AM, apb4y wrote:
How do you get over them?

Technically you never do, but find something that'll get your mind on something else.
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 2:03:04 AM

Write your feelings on paper, cry, scream, let it all out if you must. Perhaps talk to someone you know very well about it. Distract yourself and realize that it wasn't meant to work. It wasn't your fault nor was it the other person's fault. There simply was certain circumstances that were out of both your control whether they were personal or not. Stop hoping that by taking action, everything's going back to normal because the choices you make can't fix everything with you being just a human. It takes the other person's part as well. They have to come to you and if they don't then you know the relationship wasn't worth saving in the first place and they weren't the one for you.
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 4:42:24 AM
At 10/1/2014 2:03:04 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Write your feelings on paper, cry, scream, let it all out if you must. Perhaps talk to someone you know very well about it. Distract yourself and realize that it wasn't meant to work. It wasn't your fault nor was it the other person's fault. There simply was certain circumstances that were out of both your control whether they were personal or not. Stop hoping that by taking action, everything's going back to normal because the choices you make can't fix everything with you being just a human. It takes the other person's part as well. They have to come to you and if they don't then you know the relationship wasn't worth saving in the first place and they weren't the one for you.

Let me clarify: I don't want her back and I hold her accountable for the hell she put me through (though I predicted that before starting the relationship, so I guess I'm just dumb). What I want is to stop picturing that biitch every time I think of a generic attractive girl, because it's getting on my nerves.
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 4:43:40 AM
At 10/1/2014 4:42:24 AM, apb4y wrote:

Let me clarify: I don't want her back and I hold her accountable for the hell she put me through (though I predicted that before starting the relationship, so I guess I'm just dumb). What I want is to stop picturing that biitch every time I think of a generic attractive girl, because it's getting on my nerves.

For fvck's sake, it's been a year. I was only with her for a few months.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 8:45:24 AM

I feel your pain a bit. Your not dumb, you just couldn't fully stop the things that would happen. I can relate alot to your ability to predict things. I predict alot of things before they happen, i can see that my actions will lead to disaster, but i ignore the signs. You know why? Because i'm powerless to stop it. There's flaws in my character (anger, pride, selfishness, desires) that cause me to make the wrong choices. The person you were then is not the same person you are now, so don't blame yourself for what happened. I dated a girl like that once. I know how abusive that relationship can get. Give yourself time to heal and forgive her for what she's done. Not everyone makes a good partner, but it doesn't mean they're not a good friend. Don't let her bring you down. She doesn't represent all women. I know it probably hurts you to the point where the generic attractive kind of girl hurts you and you probably avoid them as a defense mechanism, but you have to realize that those other girls are not her. They are their own unique people with their own personalities, flaws, strengths, qualities. Not all girls are like her. You deserve better than all the hell she gave you. There's a girl who's willing to treat you right and love you for who you are. It's going to take time to find her though.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 3:00:32 PM
At 10/1/2014 9:36:14 AM, Envisage wrote:

Find someone else.

Ah. The simple straight answer.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 3:02:32 PM
At 10/1/2014 3:00:32 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Find someone else.

It works most of the time....
the_croftmeister
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 1:40:14 AM
At 10/1/2014 3:02:32 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 10/1/2014 3:00:32 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Find someone else.

It works most of the time....

If only all the time...

On a more serious note, I think it is important to recognise what you can learn from the situation. If that is that you shouldn't have put yourself in the situation to begin with then fair enough. If there were things you could have done to improve your relationship then that's valuable too. Not because you should beat yourself up about not having done them (though I can't say I've figured out how to do this one yet), but because awareness can only help you in the next one.

Regarding the issue of intruding thoughts or picturing them as the image of what you are attracted to? I haven't worked out how to solve that problem yet. One thing that definitely doesn't work for me, is trying not to think about them.

A new, positive relationship I found to be a great help. Though I find myself worrying about hurting them more than I should. Right now my watchword is honesty. Provided they know where my thinking is at, they can make their own decisions about whether they want to be a part of my life.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 7:59:27 AM

Sometimes you don't, but a lot can be said for banging an older sluttyy woman. It goes a long way towards feeling better about things.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 8:00:59 AM

Ways to get over breakups I thought on the spot:

1. Food
2. Alcohol or/and other drugs that distort you
3. Fall in love with another person and hook up with them
4. Kill yourself
5. F*ck her face up so that she's so ugly you get over her
6. Have another guy f*ck her and film it and post it on the Internet. You'll be disgusted by her and get over her.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 8:07:40 AM

I think I posted this in another forum, but I'll write it here too because it may help you if you wish to have revenge on her, and have her back at the same time.

1. Somehow get back with her.
2. Sleep with her. When she falls asleep put a nicotine pack on her arm.
3. Put a nicotine pack on her every night you sleep with her.
4. She eventually develops an addiction for nicotine without even knowing it. When she doesn't sleep with you she doesn't get the nicotine patch and she'll feel like crap in the morning. So she'll psychologically associate feeling bad with not sleeping with you and feeling good all day with sleeping with you.
5. You have her in the palm of your hand. She won't ever leave you and if she does she'll come back because her body craves the nicotine but her brain thinks she craves sex with you. She'll do anything for you.
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 3:48:11 AM
At 10/2/2014 8:00:59 AM, Defro wrote:

6. Have another guy f*ck her and film it and post it on the Internet. You'll be disgusted by her and get over her.

I imagined some guy taking a big, explosive shiit in her mouth. It didn't help matters.

1. Somehow get back with her.
2. Sleep with her. When she falls asleep put a nicotine pack on her arm.
3. Put a nicotine pack on her every night you sleep with her.
4. She eventually develops an addiction for nicotine without even knowing it. When she doesn't sleep with you she doesn't get the nicotine patch and she'll feel like crap in the morning. So she'll psychologically associate feeling bad with not sleeping with you and feeling good all day with sleeping with you.
5. You have her in the palm of your hand. She won't ever leave you and if she does she'll come back because her body craves the nicotine but her brain thinks she craves sex with you. She'll do anything for you.

LOL. You have problems, dude.