Jump to topic:

"If one has to suffer, We all have to suffer"

Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 8:06:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My mother has this grandiose idea that "If one has to suffer, we all have to suffer" and isn't this just saying that if one person breaks a leg, everyone must break a bone?

Thoughts on this?
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?
Does this happen to other people?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Learn to use emoticons DDO.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2014 8:39:21 PM
At 10/2/2014 8:06:29 PM, Krieg01 wrote:
"if one person breaks a leg, everyone must break a bone?"
Ummm... I've never heard of this...

Thoughts on this?
She's probably saying that maybe one person suffering causes a chain reaction of others suffering as well?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 1:20:02 AM
At 10/2/2014 8:39:21 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Thoughts on this?
She's probably saying that maybe one person suffering causes a chain reaction of others suffering as well?

She is not meaning it in this way, she is saying that because my little brother can't eat bacon and some other stuff, so none of that can ever be in the house when she also has 4 other kids in the house that can eat that, and we don't see why it isn't allowed just because one person can't eat it.

Thoughts on this type of rule?
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 3:37:30 AM
At 10/3/2014 1:20:02 AM, Krieg01 wrote:

Thoughts on this?

She is not meaning it in this way, she is saying that because my little brother can't eat bacon and some other stuff, so none of that can ever be in the house when she also has 4 other kids in the house that can eat that, and we don't see why it isn't allowed just because one person can't eat it.

I've been on the receiving end of it, and I've been the cause of it, and I think it's stupid both ways. I think parents have too much influence over their children's lives.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 4:55:55 AM

Thoughts on this?

I can't eat anything with milk and cheese often so *most of the time* my family doesn't eat it *around me.*

I guess it makes your little brother feel a little better. *shrugs*
It might be unfair to you, but think about it- if he can't eat it, and he sees you eating it, won't he get jealous or bitter?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 5:28:52 AM
At 10/3/2014 4:55:55 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Thoughts on this?

I can't eat anything with milk and cheese often so *most of the time* my family doesn't eat it *around me.*

I guess it makes your little brother feel a little better. *shrugs*
It might be unfair to you, but think about it- if he can't eat it, and he sees you eating it, won't he get jealous or bitter?

My little brother is angry all the time, so I don't think that if he see's me eating it it's going to change his mood.

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 5:30:52 AM
At 10/3/2014 3:37:30 AM, apb4y wrote:

Thoughts on this?

I've been on the receiving end of it, and I've been the cause of it, and I think it's stupid both ways. I think parents have too much influence over their children's lives.

By this "parents have too much influence over their children's lives" you are meaning it in the way of what they eat and how they bring them up, with how children don't get to have a say in how they grow up and have to follow their parents will.

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 6:03:02 AM
At 10/3/2014 5:30:52 AM, Krieg01 wrote:

By this "parents have too much influence over their children's lives" you are meaning it in the way of what they eat and how they bring them up, with how children don't get to have a say in how they grow up and have to follow their parents will.

Yeah, pretty much. It's one thing for parents to make rules, but it's another to micromanage.
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 6:34:50 AM
At 10/3/2014 6:03:02 AM, apb4y wrote:
At 10/3/2014 5:30:52 AM, Krieg01 wrote:

Yeah, pretty much. It's one thing for parents to make rules, but it's another to micromanage.

I don't mind if I have to follow a few rules, but when my parents, makes things like I said before that is just taking it too far.

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 7:29:03 AM

Thoughts on this?

It's all about unity. This is the exact same stupid crap I had to go through in the military. It's actually a very effective method of training soldiers.

If a guy screws up, the rest of the troop gets screwed too. If a guy scratches his nose when we are supposed to stand still, he gets yelled at by the general and we all have to do 50 burpees/pushups, even though we were perfectly still. It sucks because if you are the one to screw up, causing everyone else to be punished, you feel so guilty and ashamed because you let everyone down.

At the beginning, everyone hates the person who screws up. But sooner or later everyone screws up, and because we know how humiliated the guy who screwed up feels, we empathize with him. We learned to accept that we are all one. No one gets left behind, so we accept the punishment given to all of us, and eventually our discipline is developed rapidly.

We also don't start eating until everyone has received food and is seated. In the shower, we wait for everyone to be in the bathroom before we start. We do everything together. While it was a hellish training, we developed strong bonds.

Maybe that's what your mom was trying to do for you?
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 7:46:28 AM
At 10/3/2014 7:29:03 AM, Defro wrote:

Thoughts on this?

It's all about unity. This is the exact same stupid crap I had to go through in the military. It's actually a very effective method of training soldiers.

If a guy screws up, the rest of the troop gets screwed too. If a guy scratches his nose when we are supposed to stand still, he gets yelled at by the general and we all have to do 50 burpees/pushups, even though we were perfectly still. It sucks because if you are the one to screw up, causing everyone else to be punished, you feel so guilty and ashamed because you let everyone down.

At the beginning, everyone hates the person who screws up. But sooner or later everyone screws up, and because we know how humiliated the guy who screwed up feels, we empathize with him. We learned to accept that we are all one. No one gets left behind, so we accept the punishment given to all of us, and eventually our discipline is developed rapidly.

We also don't start eating until everyone has received food and is seated. In the shower, we wait for everyone to be in the bathroom before we start. We do everything together. While it was a hellish training, we developed strong bonds.

Maybe that's what your mom was trying to do for you?

Fair enough, that is a fair point... Thankyou for your feedback Defro.

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2014 8:13:00 PM
At 10/3/2014 7:29:03 AM, Defro wrote:

This is why I should never join the military - I would troll the shiit out of that system.