Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

What would you pass on to your children?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 9:20:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think about the kind of life i would give my kids. Am i supposed to do all of these great things like explore new places? Am i supposed to be recognized for achieving things like being a musician? I sometimes feel like i don't need to. Maybe my son or daughter would be ashamed of me because i'm such a boring parent compared to others who did alot more than me.

Nevertheless, if i had children, i would simply pass on the knowledge of the God of my faith as well as the wisdom i have gained. I am extremely disciplined in studying the Bible and learning about it, meditating and putting it into practice. What i love is that these are eternal truths that will never end, so i feel inspired to teach them to my kids. Knowing God is the greatest thing anyone can do.
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:32:30 PM
At 10/4/2014 9:20:40 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I think about the kind of life i would give my kids. Am i supposed to do all of these great things like explore new places? Am i supposed to be recognized for achieving things like being a musician? I sometimes feel like i don't need to. Maybe my son or daughter would be ashamed of me because i'm such a boring parent compared to others who did alot more than me.

Nevertheless, if i had children, i would simply pass on the knowledge of the God of my faith as well as the wisdom i have gained. I am extremely disciplined in studying the Bible and learning about it, meditating and putting it into practice. What i love is that these are eternal truths that will never end, so i feel inspired to teach them to my kids. Knowing God is the greatest thing anyone can do.

I'd pass down mah big dik genes.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:34:01 PM
At 10/4/2014 11:32:30 PM, Dennybug wrote:

LOL! well...i'm not sure your going to do that since genetics is quite unpredictable, but ok...
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:49:09 PM
At 10/4/2014 11:32:30 PM, Dennybug wrote:

Well said.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 10:10:56 AM
At 10/4/2014 11:35:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well, I completely disagree, but I also don't want kids, so it's a moot point.

why not?
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 10:13:12 AM

I would pass down my genetic code.

Not to get into a religious debate, but what are eternal truths?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 10:19:35 AM
At 10/5/2014 10:13:12 AM, SamStevens wrote:

I would pass down my genetic code.

Not to get into a religious debate, but what are eternal truths?

lol glad you asked. Basically truths gained from revelation such as God creating the universe, the divinity of Jesus Christ, his atonement, eternal salvation, the Trinity, pretty much the basics but also other things like the essence of love in the Old and New Testament. Things i have also experienced as well.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 10:25:23 AM
At 10/5/2014 10:10:56 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

why not?

Because I think only a sociopath could want to bring kids into a world like this.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 10:48:41 AM
At 10/5/2014 10:25:23 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

why not?

Because I think only a sociopath could want to bring kids into a world like this.

Good point, i know at this point i would not want to, but perhaps later on i will realize just how great life is and how it's a blessing to have children. Learning more about my family past made me a bit depressed because my dad practically abused my mom by telling a sob story then they gave birth to me after arguing. I had trouble dealing with that, but i finally realized that i'm alive for a purpose and i do have value. I went through a lot of things and i survived. Maybe my kids can go through the same.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 6:20:05 PM
The only thing I could pass down to my children that would be worth anything is one piece of advice. Don't count on anyone for anything, and always have a plan B.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 7:22:57 PM
At 10/5/2014 6:20:05 PM, sadolite wrote:
The only thing I could pass down to my children that would be worth anything is one piece of advice. Don't count on anyone for anything, and always have a plan B.

Mmm interesting advice
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 11:47:34 AM
At 10/5/2014 6:20:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

hahhahahaha
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 1:44:33 PM
At 10/5/2014 10:25:23 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

why not?

Most people are sociopaths then.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...