Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Would you defy authority for what's right?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:11:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Would you stand up against what the world thinks? I remember as a kid being asked about my views and i got mad at my teacher because she treated criminals like garbage but claimed to preach about love. I fiercely looked straight into her eyes and said a bit harsh tone of voice "we should always give people a second chance..even to those who don't deserve it.."

I respect authority, but there's a point where a police officer becomes just another man wearing a badge. There comes a point when all government officials no matter how high ranking just become equals. Authority loses it's power when a higher power is acknowledged, which gives me the strength to stand up against any government.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:14:04 PM
yes
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:29:28 PM
Yes, to an extent. Sometimes an authority is doing not what is right but what is deemed a necessary evil for reasons that the layman cannot comprehend. Before I stand up to authority for what is right, I need to make sure that I am fully and entirely aware of all facets of the situation.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:31:03 PM
At 10/13/2014 9:29:28 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Yes, to an extent. Sometimes an authority is doing not what is right but what is deemed a necessary evil for reasons that the layman cannot comprehend. Before I stand up to authority for what is right, I need to make sure that I am fully and entirely aware of all facets of the situation.

Great answer
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:32:43 PM
At 10/13/2014 9:31:03 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:29:28 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Great answer

*Bows deeply*
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!