Jump to topic:

Podcasts

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:04:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've got a ton of readings for grad school and I'd like to listen to some podcasts in the background while I tackle them. Any suggestions? What are your favorites? Any topic will do.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:30:37 PM
For a funny one, I'd recommend the biggest problem in the universe by maddox. Its amazing.

Although I can never get any work done when I listen to it.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:01:19 PM
At 10/25/2014 10:30:37 PM, Cermank wrote:
For a funny one, I'd recommend the biggest problem in the universe by maddox. Its amazing.

Although I can never get any work done when I listen to it.

Thanks, I'll check it out. One of the problems with some of the casts I've checked out in the past is that they're too good, which defeats the purpose of it haha. Sounds like this one might have the same outcome.
- lamerde

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:35:15 PM
If you want a plot heavy GOT like podcast, Minister of Chance is pretty good.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:57:40 PM
At 10/25/2014 10:04:55 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I've got a ton of readings for grad school and I'd like to listen to some podcasts in the background while I tackle them. Any suggestions? What are your favorites? Any topic will do.

How the hell do you listen to podcasts while reading? 0.0
Are you one of those geniuses who can absorb information from two different sources simultaneously?

In response to the OP, I like Hardcore History by Dan Carlin/Karlin, but I'm a huge nerd, so idk if that would appeal to you.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 12:07:43 AM
At 10/25/2014 11:57:40 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:

Are you one of those geniuses who can absorb information from two different sources simultaneously?

In response to the OP, I like Hardcore History by Dan Carlin/Karlin, but I'm a huge nerd, so idk if that would appeal to you.

lol listening to things in the background (e.g. podcasts, music, passerby traffic) while reading or studying helps to keep your stimulation level up. This is helpful if your brain was otherwise stimulated before the activity, or else the steep drop-off can lead to drowsiness.

It's also really bad for retention, but I'll deal with that during midterms.
- lamerde

tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 1:39:05 AM
At 10/25/2014 11:57:40 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:

I don't get it either. I need absolute and utter silence to read. Not even music.
yang.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 11:00:53 AM
At 10/26/2014 1:39:05 AM, tulle wrote:
I don't get it either. I need absolute and utter silence to read. Not even music.

Samesies. Anwyay I have a few friends who work in the music industry and at Sirius, so they are starting Podcasts very soon - I would say November. They want to discuss "intellectual" topics or whatever and have asked me to be a guest. Once those get up and running, I will link you for some interesting discussion which I'm sure you'll enjoy listening to and (hopefully) participating in... when you're done with your reading of course :)
President of DDO
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 12:03:19 PM
At 10/26/2014 11:00:53 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 10/26/2014 1:39:05 AM, tulle wrote:

Samesies. Anwyay I have a few friends who work in the music industry and at Sirius, so they are starting Podcasts very soon - I would say November. They want to discuss "intellectual" topics or whatever and have asked me to be a guest. Once those get up and running, I will link you for some interesting discussion which I'm sure you'll enjoy listening to and (hopefully) participating in... when you're done with your reading of course :)

That is great! Keep us informed.
- lamerde

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:35:47 PM

Radiolab.