Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Opinions on this School rule?

Tanya30
Posts: 17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 9:43:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My 10yr old daughter has a rule at School which she doesn't agree should be in place. The rule is: When weather is unpleasant (very windy, rainy or snowy), children cannot get outside until they have fastened up their jackets (it is jacket supplied by School, a waterproof regatta). The School introduced that rule because, last winter, some children (including dd) were coming back into classroom with soaking wet uniforms due to having snowball fights whilst wearing unfastened jackets.

So, what are your opinions on the school rule and, out of interest, when weather is unpleasant, do you insist that your kid(s) fasten up their jackets if they are going outside?
YYW
Posts: 36,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 9:59:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/28/2014 9:43:49 PM, Tanya30 wrote:
My 10yr old daughter has a rule at School which she doesn't agree should be in place. The rule is: When weather is unpleasant (very windy, rainy or snowy), children cannot get outside until they have fastened up their jackets (it is jacket supplied by School, a waterproof regatta). The School introduced that rule because, last winter, some children (including dd) were coming back into classroom with soaking wet uniforms due to having snowball fights whilst wearing unfastened jackets.

So, what are your opinions on the school rule and, out of interest, when weather is unpleasant, do you insist that your kid(s) fasten up their jackets if they are going outside?

Kids should button their jackets before going outside to play in the snow, but not because it's required by a rule... because it's common sense. That said, I see no reason why the school should have a rule to enforce common sense.
Tsar of DDO
Tanya30
Posts: 17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 10:02:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My DD doesn't fasten hers when out in snow and then complains about getting clothes wet so I just say to her "your jacket has a zip for a reason, use it next time"!
Tanya30
Posts: 17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 4:00:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
She got into trouble today becsuse she refused to fasten her jacket.

It was pouring down with rain so teacher asked her to do up the zip but DD said "NO, if I get wet well tough!".
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 4:58:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/28/2014 9:45:07 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
That doesn't sound too bad. At least the jackets are supplied by the school.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Sar92
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 7:28:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It doesn't sound unreasonable,children should fasten their jackets in unpleasant weather to avoid getting sick. If your child is refusing to do so explain why it is important for them to fasten their jacket and don't be afraid to be assertive with them. As said before the school should not have to enforce common sense.
Tanya30
Posts: 17
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 11:56:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I explained to her that if weather is unpleasant then she MUST fasten up her jacket, I said it in an authorative voice, and then explained that reason school have this rule is "because you and a few others were going back into classroom with soaking wet uniforms last winter because they were having snowball fights with unfastened jackets.

I also sent a letter to the school teacher explaining that I have spoken to dd regarding rule and why its in place and have given teacher my permission to fasten jacket for her if they think they are spending to much time trying to persuade her to do it up.

For what its worth, I too agree that its common sense to fasten up jackets in unpleasant weather and so do make her fasten her jacket when its unpleasant.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 1:04:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/30/2014 11:56:06 PM, Tanya30 wrote:
I explained to her that if weather is unpleasant then she MUST fasten up her jacket, I said it in an authorative voice, and then explained that reason school have this rule is "because you and a few others were going back into classroom with soaking wet uniforms last winter because they were having snowball fights with unfastened jackets.

I also sent a letter to the school teacher explaining that I have spoken to dd regarding rule and why its in place and have given teacher my permission to fasten jacket for her if they think they are spending to much time trying to persuade her to do it up.

For what its worth, I too agree that its common sense to fasten up jackets in unpleasant weather and so do make her fasten her jacket when its unpleasant.

hey why don't you pay attention to the posts and actually reply to them
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 4:07:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 1:04:03 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 10/30/2014 11:56:06 PM, Tanya30 wrote:
I explained to her that if weather is unpleasant then she MUST fasten up her jacket, I said it in an authorative voice, and then explained that reason school have this rule is "because you and a few others were going back into classroom with soaking wet uniforms last winter because they were having snowball fights with unfastened jackets.

I also sent a letter to the school teacher explaining that I have spoken to dd regarding rule and why its in place and have given teacher my permission to fasten jacket for her if they think they are spending to much time trying to persuade her to do it up.

For what its worth, I too agree that its common sense to fasten up jackets in unpleasant weather and so do make her fasten her jacket when its unpleasant.

hey why don't you pay attention to the posts and actually reply to them

Troll
I'm so fancy, you already know.