Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What's so crazily bad about Texas?

ElCorazonAma
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
DensDebate
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 12:48:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

Stereotypes! they're funny.

your reaction to the texan hate is funny. If it didn't bother you no one would give you crap for it
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 6:16:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

Dude, I was trolling you, LOL.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 2:10:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

Haha, the sterotype I've heard of is conservative, lots of homeschoolers with big families, and Bible belt. :D Obviously neither are true. I don't think you are a gun wielding drug addict thug. And I don't hate Texans. :D
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
ElCorazonAma
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 3:30:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 2:10:55 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.


Haha, the sterotype I've heard of is conservative, lots of homeschoolers with big families, and Bible belt. :D Obviously neither are true. I don't think you are a gun wielding drug addict thug. And I don't hate Texans. :D

Well lol maybe it's cause I'm a Texan lol cause I am Christian family is homeschooled and big family too. I might get a fun lol
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 3:39:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

Their school board sucks. It's a conservative puppet.
You can call me Mark if you like.
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 3:48:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 3:30:40 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
At 11/5/2014 2:10:55 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.


Haha, the sterotype I've heard of is conservative, lots of homeschoolers with big families, and Bible belt. :D Obviously neither are true. I don't think you are a gun wielding drug addict thug. And I don't hate Texans. :D

Well lol maybe it's cause I'm a Texan lol cause I am Christian family is homeschooled and big family too. I might get a fun lol

No, I'm thinking of the Phillips family, the Baucham family, etc. But it's funny you fit the stereotype. :D
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
ElCorazonAma
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 3:56:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 3:39:13 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

Their school board sucks. It's a conservative puppet.

Lol what's wrong with conservatism school boards?
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 3:59:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/5/2014 3:56:23 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
At 11/5/2014 3:39:13 PM, debate_power wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

Their school board sucks. It's a conservative puppet.

Lol what's wrong with conservatism school boards?

http://www.motherjones.com...
You can call me Mark if you like.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 4:48:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's like a Christian Saudi Arabia, only with less compatible morals and economics, and stuck in the past more (I'm saying this because Saudi Arabia is materially, politically in the past, whereas Texas isn't but is ideologically clinging to some golden age that never existed).

I don't dislike Texans...I just sorta pity the ultra-reactionary ones because they're brainwashed. As I pity all ultra-reactionaries.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 5:10:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 4:48:02 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
It's like a Christian Saudi Arabia, only with less compatible morals and economics, and stuck in the past more (I'm saying this because Saudi Arabia is materially, politically in the past, whereas Texas isn't but is ideologically clinging to some golden age that never existed).

I don't dislike Texans...I just sorta pity the ultra-reactionary ones because they're brainwashed. As I pity all ultra-reactionaries.

If you believe in Marxism then you ARE an ultra-reactionary.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 1:30:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 5:10:48 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/6/2014 4:48:02 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
It's like a Christian Saudi Arabia, only with less compatible morals and economics, and stuck in the past more (I'm saying this because Saudi Arabia is materially, politically in the past, whereas Texas isn't but is ideologically clinging to some golden age that never existed).

I don't dislike Texans...I just sorta pity the ultra-reactionary ones because they're brainwashed. As I pity all ultra-reactionaries.

If you believe in Marxism then you ARE an ultra-reactionary.

How?
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 1:52:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 4:48:02 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
It's like a Christian Saudi Arabia, only with less compatible morals and economics, and stuck in the past more (I'm saying this because Saudi Arabia is materially, politically in the past, whereas Texas isn't but is ideologically clinging to some golden age that never existed).

I don't dislike Texans...I just sorta pity the ultra-reactionary ones because they're brainwashed. As I pity all ultra-reactionaries.

My lord. Not only is this statement sadly naive, it's also extremely offensive. And plain wrong.

Have you ever been to Texas? It's not that much different from the other 49 states in the US.
ElCorazonAma
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 1:17:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 1:52:51 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/6/2014 4:48:02 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
It's like a Christian Saudi Arabia, only with less compatible morals and economics, and stuck in the past more (I'm saying this because Saudi Arabia is materially, politically in the past, whereas Texas isn't but is ideologically clinging to some golden age that never existed).

I don't dislike Texans...I just sorta pity the ultra-reactionary ones because they're brainwashed. As I pity all ultra-reactionaries.

My lord. Not only is this statement sadly naive, it's also extremely offensive. And plain wrong.

Have you ever been to Texas? It's not that much different from the other 49 states in the US.

^^^^ this!!! At least someone can understand, but then again... your Texan (I think too)...
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:59:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 1:17:29 AM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
At 11/7/2014 1:52:51 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/6/2014 4:48:02 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
It's like a Christian Saudi Arabia, only with less compatible morals and economics, and stuck in the past more (I'm saying this because Saudi Arabia is materially, politically in the past, whereas Texas isn't but is ideologically clinging to some golden age that never existed).

I don't dislike Texans...I just sorta pity the ultra-reactionary ones because they're brainwashed. As I pity all ultra-reactionaries.

My lord. Not only is this statement sadly naive, it's also extremely offensive. And plain wrong.

Have you ever been to Texas? It's not that much different from the other 49 states in the US.

^^^^ this!!! At least someone can understand, but then again... your Texan (I think too)...

Well I'm a Floridian but my family is currently living in Texas so I'm there quite a bit.
ElCorazonAma
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 11:05:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 10:59:54 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/8/2014 1:17:29 AM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
At 11/7/2014 1:52:51 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/6/2014 4:48:02 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
It's like a Christian Saudi Arabia, only with less compatible morals and economics, and stuck in the past more (I'm saying this because Saudi Arabia is materially, politically in the past, whereas Texas isn't but is ideologically clinging to some golden age that never existed).

I don't dislike Texans...I just sorta pity the ultra-reactionary ones because they're brainwashed. As I pity all ultra-reactionaries.

My lord. Not only is this statement sadly naive, it's also extremely offensive. And plain wrong.

Have you ever been to Texas? It's not that much different from the other 49 states in the US.

^^^^ this!!! At least someone can understand, but then again... your Texan (I think too)...

Well I'm a Floridian but my family is currently living in Texas so I'm there quite a bit.

Well that makes sense.

Oh btw, mind voting on my one debate. Please!!! :)
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 12:21:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

I have family in Texas, my own grandpa and great-grandpa were oil men there for most of there lives before my grandpa moved to D.C. as a lobbyist. I like Texas, and think that if any state has a realistic chance of standing on it's own without the help of the U.S. government it'd be Texas. They've managed to keep their own sub-culture very alive and strong, which is something respectable in these days where states are giving up there own culture to fit into the template the Feds impose. If I didn't live in Florida, I'd either be in Washington D.C., California, North Carolina or Texas.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 10:14:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 1:30:18 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/6/2014 5:10:48 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/6/2014 4:48:02 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
It's like a Christian Saudi Arabia, only with less compatible morals and economics, and stuck in the past more (I'm saying this because Saudi Arabia is materially, politically in the past, whereas Texas isn't but is ideologically clinging to some golden age that never existed).

I don't dislike Texans...I just sorta pity the ultra-reactionary ones because they're brainwashed. As I pity all ultra-reactionaries.

If you believe in Marxism then you ARE an ultra-reactionary.

How?

Marxism has a bed rep with how its most famous, or infamous, members have reacted in history
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 10:33:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

This is the issue in my opinion:

http://americablog.com...
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ElCorazonAma
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 10:40:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 10:33:50 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

This is the issue in my opinion:

http://americablog.com...

Oddly enough, that's how the U.S. used to be. Where do you think the us got its morals from? The bible. It was bible-based and anyone who had a different view or didn't believe the God of the bible were considered atheist.
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 10:45:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 10:40:22 AM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
At 11/11/2014 10:33:50 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

This is the issue in my opinion:

http://americablog.com...

Oddly enough, that's how the U.S. used to be. Where do you think the us got its morals from? The bible. It was bible-based and anyone who had a different view or didn't believe the God of the bible were considered atheist.

If the use did get its morals from the bible, let's push that aside. There is a clear denial of science in these classrooms.

In the source, it presented a pupils test and the last question was: " The next time someone says the Earth is billions(or millions) of years old, what can you say?

Were you there?"

This school in particular is not doing its job.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 3:57:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 10:33:50 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

This is the issue in my opinion:

http://americablog.com...

You don't have a problem with Texans. You have a problem with "crazy creationists". Would you support this if it was happening in Wisconsin instead?
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 3:59:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 3:57:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 10:33:50 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

This is the issue in my opinion:

http://americablog.com...

You don't have a problem with Texans. You have a problem with "crazy creationists". Would you support this if it was happening in Wisconsin instead?

Support what?

Those "crazy creationists" happen to be Texans in this case.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 4:06:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 3:57:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 10:33:50 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

This is the issue in my opinion:

http://americablog.com...

You don't have a problem with Texans. You have a problem with "crazy creationists". Would you support this if it was happening in Wisconsin instead?

If this was going on in Wisconsin, Montana, Alaska, etc, I still would have a grievance.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 4:08:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 4:06:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/11/2014 3:57:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 10:33:50 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

This is the issue in my opinion:

http://americablog.com...

You don't have a problem with Texans. You have a problem with "crazy creationists". Would you support this if it was happening in Wisconsin instead?

If this was going on in Wisconsin, Montana, Alaska, etc, I still would have a grievance.

Then being Texan is just a subsequent trait which you really have no grievance with. The grievance you have is with creationists. You purposely misconstrued the two to make Texans as a whole look bad. Poor tactics really.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 4:10:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 4:08:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:06:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/11/2014 3:57:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 10:33:50 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

This is the issue in my opinion:

http://americablog.com...

You don't have a problem with Texans. You have a problem with "crazy creationists". Would you support this if it was happening in Wisconsin instead?

If this was going on in Wisconsin, Montana, Alaska, etc, I still would have a grievance.

Then being Texan is just a subsequent trait which you really have no grievance with. The grievance you have is with creationists. You purposely misconstrued the two to make Texans as a whole look bad. Poor tactics really.

I never said every single Texan was like that. I'm just saying that some Texans are 'crazy' creationists' and those Texans are the subject of my grievance.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 4:11:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 4:10:09 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:08:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:06:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/11/2014 3:57:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 10:33:50 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

This is the issue in my opinion:

http://americablog.com...

You don't have a problem with Texans. You have a problem with "crazy creationists". Would you support this if it was happening in Wisconsin instead?

If this was going on in Wisconsin, Montana, Alaska, etc, I still would have a grievance.

Then being Texan is just a subsequent trait which you really have no grievance with. The grievance you have is with creationists. You purposely misconstrued the two to make Texans as a whole look bad. Poor tactics really.

I never said every single Texan was like that. I'm just saying that some Texans are 'crazy' creationists' and those Texans are the subject of my grievance.

And there are such people in all 50 states... the point is being Texan is irrelevant to your grievance so why bring it up?
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 4:12:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 4:11:43 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:10:09 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:08:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:06:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/11/2014 3:57:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 10:33:50 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

This is the issue in my opinion:

http://americablog.com...

You don't have a problem with Texans. You have a problem with "crazy creationists". Would you support this if it was happening in Wisconsin instead?

If this was going on in Wisconsin, Montana, Alaska, etc, I still would have a grievance.

Then being Texan is just a subsequent trait which you really have no grievance with. The grievance you have is with creationists. You purposely misconstrued the two to make Texans as a whole look bad. Poor tactics really.

I never said every single Texan was like that. I'm just saying that some Texans are 'crazy' creationists' and those Texans are the subject of my grievance.

And there are such people in all 50 states... the point is being Texan is irrelevant to your grievance so why bring it up?

Because the subject of this thread is about Texas. I am presenting an issue in Texas.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 4:14:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 4:12:51 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:11:43 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:10:09 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:08:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:06:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/11/2014 3:57:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 11/11/2014 10:33:50 AM, SamStevens wrote:
At 11/4/2014 11:50:41 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
I don't get it? Sure maybe some texans carry shotguns or knives or just are pretty street going and even rawdy, but seriously... Why are people intimidated by texans more so why hate us? I mean were not exactly harming anyone?

Just because someone's from Texas doesn't give the automatic assumption that were ALL either Gang affiliated or drug pushers or thuggish or street smart or ignorant. Not all texans are locos! There's many texans that attended college and are getting degrees and doing something with they're lives. Texas is a beautiful state with very interesting features and history to it.

Don't judge a book by it's cover is all I'm asking. Texans are just as much human and careful as any other state filled with people.

This is the issue in my opinion:

http://americablog.com...

You don't have a problem with Texans. You have a problem with "crazy creationists". Would you support this if it was happening in Wisconsin instead?

If this was going on in Wisconsin, Montana, Alaska, etc, I still would have a grievance.

Then being Texan is just a subsequent trait which you really have no grievance with. The grievance you have is with creationists. You purposely misconstrued the two to make Texans as a whole look bad. Poor tactics really.

I never said every single Texan was like that. I'm just saying that some Texans are 'crazy' creationists' and those Texans are the subject of my grievance.

And there are such people in all 50 states... the point is being Texan is irrelevant to your grievance so why bring it up?

Because the subject of this thread is about Texas. I am presenting an issue in Texas.

Eh... stupid argument.
/convo