Jump to topic:

Sky Diving

ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 5:37:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Has anyone done that before? If so, what's it like? I've been thinking about maybe one day doing that! I just see the birds fly around and it just makes me wanna be a bird and be in the air. But gravity will pull you down in flatness. So gotta wear that parachute.

But it seem pretty epic !!!

Would you sky dive if you had the opportunity?! Why not or why would you?!
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 5:45:17 PM
At 11/5/2014 5:37:54 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
Has anyone done that before? If so, what's it like? I've been thinking about maybe one day doing that! I just see the birds fly around and it just makes me wanna be a bird and be in the air. But gravity will pull you down in flatness. So gotta wear that parachute.

I'm 13, so not yet. XD

I'd like to, though. I'm addicted to rollercoasters and skydiving would be pretty cool.

I'm just worried that my luck's going to bite me on the as5 and my parachute won't open. LOL

And I've heard stories about a skydiver being blown into the ocean and stranded on a log for several months until he reached the shore. O_O

I'll probably do it when I get the chance, though. #yolo
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 9:25:09 PM
I did it last year. Easily the scariest thing I've ever done. I enjoy flying, so that part wasn't bad, even though the plane was tiny and the only thing keeping the door closed the entire time was one of those colorful, hollow floatation noodles kids have at water parks.

They do a great job of pumping you up the whole time. I was getting it recorded, so there was also the added incentive of looking calm and collected for the camera. It was also something I'd always wanted to do. Still, with all that going for me, the second they opened the door, it was a complete "what in the fvck am I doing up here?" moment.

I remember standing at the door and vaguely hearing someone counting down in the background. In that moment, I was feeling good. However, as you lean forward and get your first view of the world beneath you, your whole body tells you this is wrong lol. The whole drop until the parachute deployed was me yelling one long "fuuuuuck!"

The adrenaline rush was incredible and I'm not sure there's anything like it. Free falling and the controlled drift down were both absolutely amazing. I recommend it, but be aware that in the moment, you will be certain that you are facing your imminent death haha
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 10:18:24 PM
Has anyone done that before? If so, what's it like?

I have. It was the most fun I've ever had. I highly recommend it.

I would definitely do it again.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 5:58:58 AM

Do it. And film it while you're doing it and show it us.
Varrack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 5:29:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago

I would love to and almost got to but I wasn't old enough :(
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 10:01:25 AM
I went skydiving when I 19 or 20 years old. We had the choice between doing a tandem jump from 10,000 or 12,000 feet, or we could take the course and get certified. I decided to take the course. The first jump was a static line where we jump from 3,500 feet, and the cord was attached to the inside of the plane, and it pulled automatically when we jumped. The free fall lasted two or three seconds. The parachute ride down seemed to last a really long time. It was the most fun I've ever had. I would highly recommend it to anybody. It was amazing. Unfortunately, I didn't complete the course, so I never got certified.

Definitely, because it is the thrill of a life time. Do it!!! I promise you'll be glad you did.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 10:03:16 AM
Oh, silly me. I already answered this.

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 6:19:01 PM
I don't think I could, I'm terribly afraid of heights and things in general lol. My boyfriend's done that though, and he thought it was fantastic but has no plans to ever do that again. Apparently it really was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.