Jump to topic:

Weird/creepy experiences

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 10:35:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is a thread for you all to share creepy experiences that happened to you. Mine isn't that extreme because my life has (thankfully) been pretty noneventful in this sort of way but I'll share a story anyway.

From when I was about 4 or 5 until I was around 12, I would have a reoccurring dream. It wasn't reoccurring in the sense that it was exactly the same, but it was similar enough. There were three basic types. In the first, I would be in a car desperately trying to fasten my seatbelt before there was a collision but I never made it. I would almost get it, but I never could and I would always die and the dream would either end or I would see the whole event over again in third person. This was the least common variety. Much more often, I would have one of these two: I would be riding in our car when a car would appear next to us, going very fast. It would have no driver.

In by far the most common variant, I would be in a car going very very fast. Sometimes alone, sometimes with other people I knew and sometimes in one of my families vehicles and sometimes in some random cars. I would be trying to stop or steer it, but none of the controls would work and it would go faster and faster until I died. I would have these dreams at minimum once a week.

So tell me your stories guys. Any reoccurring dreams? Near death experiences? Paranormal activities? Alien abductions?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 10:53:01 PM
At 11/6/2014 10:35:59 PM, thett3 wrote:
This is a thread for you all to share creepy experiences that happened to you. Mine isn't that extreme because my life has (thankfully) been pretty noneventful in this sort of way but I'll share a story anyway.

From when I was about 4 or 5 until I was around 12, I would have a reoccurring dream. It wasn't reoccurring in the sense that it was exactly the same, but it was similar enough. There were three basic types. In the first, I would be in a car desperately trying to fasten my seatbelt before there was a collision but I never made it. I would almost get it, but I never could and I would always die and the dream would either end or I would see the whole event over again in third person. This was the least common variety. Much more often, I would have one of these two: I would be riding in our car when a car would appear next to us, going very fast. It would have no driver.

In by far the most common variant, I would be in a car going very very fast. Sometimes alone, sometimes with other people I knew and sometimes in one of my families vehicles and sometimes in some random cars. I would be trying to stop or steer it, but none of the controls would work and it would go faster and faster until I died. I would have these dreams at minimum once a week.

A psychologist would have a field day with this dream.
So tell me your stories guys. Any reoccurring dreams? Near death experiences? Paranormal activities? Alien abductions?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 10:54:08 PM
At 11/6/2014 10:53:01 PM, Cermank wrote:

You think so??

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:05:54 PM
At 11/6/2014 10:54:08 PM, thett3 wrote:

You think so??

lol yeah. Something about you not in control of your life. Or everything being out of your control. And the death dreams usually occur when you are facing something life changing. Facing the end of something. Accidents usually reveal perceived threats, vulnerabilities, or anxieties about the well-being of those we love. And your inability to protect them.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:06:57 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:05:54 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 11/6/2014 10:54:08 PM, thett3 wrote:

You think so??

lol yeah. Something about you not in control of your life. Or everything being out of your control. And the death dreams usually occur when you are facing something life changing. Facing the end of something. Accidents usually reveal perceived threats, vulnerabilities, or anxieties about the well-being of those we love. And your inability to protect them.

haha honestly I'm sure it meant something but I've never been able to figure it out

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:10:14 AM

I had a dream one time where people were dancing in a grassy area around a water sprinkler, singing "The rabbit, the habbit! The rabbit, the habbit!" And on and on it went for a few seconds, I think.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:13:33 AM

What do you think it means?

When I was younger, and sometimes even now, I'll dream that I'm in a building with winding corridors and I can't find my way out.

I also used to dream of losing teeth, but that hasn't happened in a long time.

I used to have horrible nightmares, but I stopped snacking before bed and that went away.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:35:45 AM
I had lots of dreams where I was falling off something high- a ladder, a building etc

Also, most of my dreams had me standing in front of a crowd, and everyone has this sick smile on their case, with their heads turned 45 degrees to the right, and they'd be walking towards me.

I had a dream that occurred twice where I was naked in front of this guy that I liked and I kept running away form him, but he would sit to chat and have tea with my mother.

What do these mean?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:55:40 AM

When I was six, I nearly died due to being hit with a baseball bat on accident.

My recurring dreams usually solve themselves.

When I was young...maybe 4 or 5, I had a recurring dream about an extremely sadistic...thing (Idk how to explain it)...and it's goal was to inflict as much pain as possible on me. Every day (dream) he would strike at 8:00 AM. He kidnapped my brother, killed him, and kept reanimating him and killing him...I think you get the point. I had these dreams until I was 6 or 7...and I had the dream again 2 or 3 years ago. But that time, I slit his throat.

I had a recurring dream starting about a year ago. I would be chased by this guy with a gun throughout a city. It stopped in August: I engaged him and knifed him in the gut.

I also had this dream when I was 7 or 8. I for some reason, bought a Sega Dreamcast. Every time it happened, I'd be in a white room with my brothers and my aunt. I would test a game (it was usually a Jeopardy game...Idk why) and it would always fail. But then, a rabid version of my dog would jump literally out of the Dreamcast and start biting at my face and throat. It stopped occurring after a couple recurrences, until I was 11, and that time the rabid dog was met jumping at me by a normal version of my dog, and was killed by my dog.

I do however, have one recurring dream that has not solved itself. IRL, my father died in February 2012. However, I've had many dreams of him still being alive. Usually he'd just be laying down in his room watching TV. I've had this, by far, the most times out of any dream. On a side note, I recently woke up a few weeks ago after having this dream and I actually thought he was alive for about 10 minutes before remembering he was dead. :/
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 1:28:36 AM
When I was 6ish, I had a dream that a butterfly collector guy came to my house, but when he was showing me his collection of preserved ancient butterflies, they all came alive and started chasing after me, going into my clothes and ears and mouth n' stuff. Then a bunch of other insects and spiders came out of no where and started doing the same. I woke up screaming and kicking hysterically and wouldn't stop for a while because I thought the bugs were still there in my bed. Ever since then I've been terrified of all bugs for some reason and have no idea how to get over it. And it was weird cuz I didn't really care about insects at all up until that point...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 3:56:50 AM
At 11/7/2014 1:28:36 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:
When I was 6ish, I had a dream that a butterfly collector guy came to my house, but when he was showing me his collection of preserved ancient butterflies, they all came alive and started chasing after me, going into my clothes and ears and mouth n' stuff. Then a bunch of other insects and spiders came out of no where and started doing the same. I woke up screaming and kicking hysterically and wouldn't stop for a while because I thought the bugs were still there in my bed. Ever since then I've been terrified of all bugs for some reason and have no idea how to get over it. And it was weird cuz I didn't really care about insects at all up until that point...

Where do you live?
*contacts butterfly collector*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 4:28:08 AM
At 11/7/2014 12:55:40 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I do however, have one recurring dream that has not solved itself. IRL, my father died in February 2012. However, I've had many dreams of him still being alive. Usually he'd just be laying down in his room watching TV. I've had this, by far, the most times out of any dream. On a side note, I recently woke up a few weeks ago after having this dream and I actually thought he was alive for about 10 minutes before remembering he was dead. :/

What happened to your Dad?
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:05:14 AM
At 11/7/2014 3:56:50 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Where do you live?

you are a sadistic horrible person and i hate you and you suck and no one loves you.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:09:33 AM
At 11/7/2014 12:13:33 AM, YYW wrote:

What do you think it means?

I'll go out on a limb and say I probably had a repressed fear of cars and driving as a child. My predictions are bold :P

When I was younger, and sometimes even now, I'll dream that I'm in a building with winding corridors and I can't find my way out.

I also used to dream of losing teeth, but that hasn't happened in a long time.

OMg I would have dreams like this too

I used to have horrible nightmares, but I stopped snacking before bed and that went away.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:10:15 AM
At 11/7/2014 12:35:45 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I had lots of dreams where I was falling off something high- a ladder, a building etc

Also, most of my dreams had me standing in front of a crowd, and everyone has this sick smile on their case, with their heads turned 45 degrees to the right, and they'd be walking towards me.

That sounds really scary. Like, *really* scary

I had a dream that occurred twice where I was naked in front of this guy that I liked and I kept running away form him, but he would sit to chat and have tea with my mother.

What do these mean?

What am I, Freud?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:12:11 AM
At 11/7/2014 12:55:40 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

When I was six, I nearly died due to being hit with a baseball bat on accident.

My recurring dreams usually solve themselves.

When I was young...maybe 4 or 5, I had a recurring dream about an extremely sadistic...thing (Idk how to explain it)...and it's goal was to inflict as much pain as possible on me. Every day (dream) he would strike at 8:00 AM. He kidnapped my brother, killed him, and kept reanimating him and killing him...I think you get the point. I had these dreams until I was 6 or 7...and I had the dream again 2 or 3 years ago. But that time, I slit his throat.

That's....damn, dude. Good for you for killing it though, in the end.

I had a recurring dream starting about a year ago. I would be chased by this guy with a gun throughout a city. It stopped in August: I engaged him and knifed him in the gut.

I also had this dream when I was 7 or 8. I for some reason, bought a Sega Dreamcast. Every time it happened, I'd be in a white room with my brothers and my aunt. I would test a game (it was usually a Jeopardy game...Idk why) and it would always fail. But then, a rabid version of my dog would jump literally out of the Dreamcast and start biting at my face and throat. It stopped occurring after a couple recurrences, until I was 11, and that time the rabid dog was met jumping at me by a normal version of my dog, and was killed by my dog.

I'm sorry to hear that, man. I know when my grandfather died I would sometimes have dreams about him still being alive too so I can only imagine what it must be like with a father.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Natec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:12:20 AM
At 11/7/2014 8:05:14 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:56:50 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Where do you live?

you are a sadistic horrible person and i hate you and you suck and no one loves you.

Whoa dude, stop.
Dude... stop...
Natec
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:13:11 AM

What do you think that means? Did you ever have any bad experiences or fears with cars irl before or during the time of the dreams?
Dude... stop...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:14:15 AM
When I was 6ish, I had a dream that a butterfly collector guy came to my house, but when he was showing me his collection of preserved ancient butterflies, they all came alive and started chasing after me, going into my clothes and ears and mouth n' stuff. Then a bunch of other insects and spiders came out of no where and started doing the same. I woke up screaming and kicking hysterically and wouldn't stop for a while because I thought the bugs were still there in my bed.

That's pretty terrifying.

Ever since then I've been terrified of all bugs for some reason and have no idea how to get over it. And it was weird cuz I didn't really care about insects at all up until that point...

Exposure therapy? Start with a cute bug like a roly poly then move on to not cute but not creepy ones like ants, then to the big boys like earwigs and silverfish. I hate those things.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:28:48 AM
At 11/7/2014 8:14:15 AM, thett3 wrote:
When I was 6ish, I had a dream that a butterfly collector guy came to my house, but when he was showing me his collection of preserved ancient butterflies, they all came alive and started chasing after me, going into my clothes and ears and mouth n' stuff. Then a bunch of other insects and spiders came out of no where and started doing the same. I woke up screaming and kicking hysterically and wouldn't stop for a while because I thought the bugs were still there in my bed.

Ever since then I've been terrified of all bugs for some reason and have no idea how to get over it. And it was weird cuz I didn't really care about insects at all up until that point...

Exposure therapy? Start with a cute bug like a roly poly then move on to not cute but not creepy ones like ants, then to the big boys like earwigs and silverfish. I hate those things.

that sounds scary... I'm fine with smaller bugs like roly polies, house flies, and ants. It's the slightly bigger ones that terrify me... I'm not sure where I would draw the line. So far, the limited exposure I've gotten while mowing the lawn and stuff hasn't been very beneficial... these enormous grasshoppers keep jumping out at me whenever I go near then, which almost makes me blackout every time >.>
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:45:39 AM
At 11/7/2014 8:28:48 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/7/2014 8:14:15 AM, thett3 wrote:

that sounds scary... I'm fine with smaller bugs like roly polies, house flies, and ants. It's the slightly bigger ones that terrify me... I'm not sure where I would draw the line. So far, the limited exposure I've gotten while mowing the lawn and stuff hasn't been very beneficial... these enormous grasshoppers keep jumping out at me whenever I go near then, which almost makes me blackout every time >.>

Over the summer my friend and I went to his girlfriends farm to fish and for whatever reason it had gotten absolutely infested with grasshoppers. I'm talking literally every sqaure inch of ground was covered with them...you drive and your windshield gets hit by at least a dozen of them. Walk and a dozen jump with every step you make...it was like the biblical plague of locusts
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:00:45 AM
Too many gruesome and simple based weird/creepy dreams...
Don't even want to describe them...
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:33:52 AM

That dream is God telling you that you'll die by drunk driving.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:35:28 AM
Ok....
I AM DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT THIS DREAM like honest, i am literally not kidding.

I was watching the news at a house and there was this house that was completely destroyed, a few walls were standing though. The news lady said "what could have dome this?" then my dream skips to i am in a car with family going to someones friends house. Then we watch tv and talk but then we talk about the news and then the family friend talks about how he knew what did it. He said they were multi-colored cows that destroyed things with thier horns. He said how he saw one that was red one night. He had put up defences from a place called newton's fresh station that sells force fields (doesn't actually exist) because of them. But then we heard something outside. We looked out the window and there we saw them swarming around the house. Then the force fields turned on and blocked them. We ran upstairs, went in a room, locked the door and hid under the bed. The ows were crammed so tight that they broke the force field machine and went through. We heard the front door smash. Then we heard one come up slowly, clicking and clacking as it went. It smashed the door to the room, our hearts stopped. It went slowly to the closet, it was the red cow. But then it fliped over the bed and that was the end of the dream.

Dead serious.
I have also had it multiple times.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:36:06 AM
At 11/7/2014 9:00:45 AM, ElCorazonAma wrote:

Awh. :(
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:36:06 AM
At 11/7/2014 9:00:45 AM, ElCorazonAma wrote:

Awh. :(
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:39:51 AM
At 11/7/2014 12:35:45 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Seriously? Me too! Only it stopped when I turned 11 and I could kind of slow down the fall by telling myself to wake up. Unfortunately, I don't have that ability anymore. :(
Zombie apocalypse?
Uhh...WUT XD

#rejection
What do these mean?
It means that you were even more mentally disturbed than I thought you were originally, Annie. <3
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:40:46 AM
At 11/7/2014 9:39:23 AM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
I have also had a dream when i am being chased through a huge mall by goro from mortal combat.

Result from playing too much games. ;D