Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

What would be your last desired impression...

ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 2:52:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you had a family member/s on the verge of dying, what would you want they're last memory to be of you? What would you do? (Even if it is someone you may or may not like).
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 2:55:53 PM
I don't care what their last impression is. They stop existing once they are dead and that impression disappears with them.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:09:50 PM
At 11/9/2014 2:52:57 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
If you had a family member/s on the verge of dying, what would you want they're last memory to be of you? What would you do? (Even if it is someone you may or may not like).

I'd want them to know I loved them.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:31:00 PM
At 11/9/2014 2:55:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
I don't care what their last impression is. They stop existing once they are dead and that impression disappears with them.

That's cold, but honesty respected.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 6:22:52 PM
At 11/9/2014 3:31:00 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:

Not as cold as you may think. That type of mentality allows me to focus solely on making sure they enjoy their last days as opposed to making sure they view me a certain way.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 6:33:39 PM
At 11/9/2014 6:22:52 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/9/2014 3:31:00 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:

Not as cold as you may think. That type of mentality allows me to focus solely on making sure they enjoy their last days as opposed to making sure they view me a certain way.

Ahhh, well that's basically what I was pointing at hence my reason for creating this thread.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 6:46:05 PM

In my opinion, making there last moments count would be more important. Obviously, I'd want their last memory of me to be a good one, but that memory would no longer exist as the flora and fauna in that particular region of the Earth will devour their brains once they are decease.

The way I look at it is that:

Before you were born, you experienced nothing.

After you die, you experience the same thing, nothing.

So if you experience nothing, memories do not matter.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 7:33:08 PM

I'd give them a gold coin for the boat rower to take them over to Hades...

JK

I'd hug and them and tell them I love them, and will do my best to take care of their family...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 7:35:21 PM
At 11/9/2014 7:33:08 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

JK
XD Dat Greek mythology.
I'd hug and them and tell them I love them, and will do my best to take care of their family...
If you truly love someone, there's no need to tell them that you love them, for they know that you love them. -3-
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 7:36:42 PM
At 11/9/2014 7:35:21 PM, RevNge wrote:

JK
XD Dat Greek mythology.
*nods*
If you truly love someone, there's no need to tell them that you love them, for they know that you love them. -3-
Yes, but I'd want to see that teary-eyed smile on their face, as they told me they loved be back, that I'd hide in the deepest crevice of my memory box...
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 7:39:46 PM
At 11/9/2014 7:36:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

JK
XD Dat Greek mythology.
*nods*
Yes, but I'd want to see that teary-eyed smile on their face, as they told me they loved be back, that I'd hide in the deepest crevice of my memory box...
I've never seen the compassionate side of you (if there is one LOL), so I wouldn't know. :P
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 7:41:28 PM

I honestly have to agree to this.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 7:41:46 PM
At 11/9/2014 7:39:46 PM, RevNge wrote:

JK
XD Dat Greek mythology.
*nods*
I've never seen the compassionate side of you (if there is one LOL), so I wouldn't know. :P
I'm sorry, I've had a difficult year. I'm not usually this brash and dark... I think my malicious side was boosted a lot more when Jifpop came back as chosen... :/
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 7:44:21 PM
At 11/9/2014 7:41:46 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

JK
XD Dat Greek mythology.
*nods*
I'm sorry, I've had a difficult year. I'm not usually this brash and dark... I think my malicious side was boosted a lot more when Jifpop came back as chosen... :/

*hugs*

It's okay, Annie. But why's Chosen so bad, except for the fact that he's annoying and advertises Edeb8 on the forums? :P
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 7:50:56 PM
At 11/9/2014 7:44:21 PM, RevNge wrote:

JK
XD Dat Greek mythology.
*nods*

*hugs*

It's okay, Annie. But why's Chosen so bad, except for the fact that he's annoying and advertises Edeb8 on the forums? :P

You weren't around for his birth... For some reason, he picked me to harass about "not being a proper Muslim," and a liar, and not Trinidadian (I AM!!!) and so much more... Omg... there were mafia games we were in that I tried to kill myself to not be playing with him anymore... -_-
We used to get into so many flame wars that we got a restraining order, which we both violated... many times...
It. Was. Horrible.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 7:55:06 PM
At 11/9/2014 7:50:56 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

JK
XD Dat Greek mythology.
*nods*

*hugs*

You weren't around for his birth... For some reason, he picked me to harass about "not being a proper Muslim," and a liar, and not Trinidadian (I AM!!!) and so much more... Omg... there were mafia games we were in that I tried to kill myself to not be playing with him anymore... -_-
We used to get into so many flame wars that we got a restraining order, which we both violated... many times...
It. Was. Horrible.

But you're Islamic...right? O_O

Let's face it, Annie. DDO's one of the most controversial websites on the Internet, and someone here will always deride you for your beliefs, especially when they're on the minority side. :(

Or it could be the fact that he was a genuine douchebag. LOL
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 7:56:21 PM
At 11/9/2014 7:55:06 PM, RevNge wrote:

JK
XD Dat Greek mythology.
*nods*

*hugs*

It. Was. Horrible.

Yes. -_-

Let's face it, Annie. DDO's one of the most controversial websites on the Internet, and someone here will always deride you for your beliefs, especially when they're on the minority side. :(

I don't think you understand- everyday he'd analyze my posts and point out what was "Muslim" and not... It was annoying as Hell
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 7:58:31 PM
At 11/9/2014 7:56:21 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 11/9/2014 7:55:06 PM, RevNge wrote:

JK
XD Dat Greek mythology.
*nods*

*hugs*

It. Was. Horrible.

Yes. -_-
Don't give me that look. T^T

I don't think you understand- everyday he'd analyze my posts and point out what was "Muslim" and not... It was annoying as Hell
Let's go with the latter option then.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 12:16:49 PM

I'd give them a hug, and let them know that they made a difference in my life.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...