Jump to topic:

You won't believe this, but...

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 2:04:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think I've suddenly lost the ability to open a large coke bottle. I'll admit that I'm a skinny wimpy dude, but I'm not THAT weak! To illustrate my point, I just lifted a fairly heavy chair, so I don't think that my wimpiness is the issue here.
When I tried to open a coke bottle, I tried turning the lid with all the might in my fingers, and nothing happened except that my fingers became somewhat sore.
WHAT'S GOING ON?!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 2:23:41 PM
At 11/10/2014 2:04:36 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I think I've suddenly lost the ability to open a large coke bottle. I'll admit that I'm a skinny wimpy dude, but I'm not THAT weak! To illustrate my point, I just lifted a fairly heavy chair, so I don't think that my wimpiness is the issue here.
When I tried to open a coke bottle, I tried turning the lid with all the might in my fingers, and nothing happened except that my fingers became somewhat sore.
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Get a rubber cloth or drawer liner. Works like a charm. Or use the rubbery underside of a rug.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 2:25:24 PM
At 11/10/2014 2:23:41 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Get a rubber cloth or drawer liner. Works like a charm. Or use the rubbery underside of a rug.

You've had this problem too?

The DDO Blog:

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 2:26:49 PM
At 11/10/2014 2:25:24 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/10/2014 2:23:41 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Oh, yeah. Lots of times. Sometimes even my dad can't open things without a rubbery thingy. It keeps your hands from hurting, and helps you have a better grip!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 2:43:35 PM
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

You are Coke deficient.
Drink Coke immediately to replenish your strength.
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 2:48:49 PM
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

You have two options.
1. Start doing coke the way a real man does.
2. Pushups.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 2:50:04 PM
At 11/10/2014 2:43:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

You are Coke deficient.
Drink Coke immediately to replenish your strength.

Good idea! Those people in the coke commercials are healthy and attractive, so surely drinking lots and lots of coke caused that!
*purchases 2 dozen coke bottles*

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 2:51:06 PM
At 11/10/2014 2:48:49 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

You have two options.
2. Pushups.

How do you do option one? Stab a hole at the top of the container, perhaps?

The DDO Blog:

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 2:53:38 PM
At 11/10/2014 2:51:06 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

You have two options.
2. Pushups.

No. Yell at it until it opens.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 2:55:14 PM
At 11/10/2014 2:53:38 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

You have two options.
2. Pushups.

Sounds awesome! Surely after 10 hours of yelling that coke bottle will grow intimidated and open!

The DDO Blog:

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 3:12:14 PM
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

You ought to pump some iron, eat a healthy diet, etc.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 3:33:00 PM
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Run the cap under hot water. Then try to open it WITH A TOWEL
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 3:45:23 PM
At 11/10/2014 2:53:38 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

You have two options.
2. Pushups.

Imagine that, a German yelling...
My work here is, finally, done.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 4:09:16 PM
At 11/10/2014 2:25:24 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/10/2014 2:23:41 PM, ***Whimpy-Girl*** wrote:

lol,

I've had this issue with pickle jars before..
which granted, my girlfriend has then been able to open :/

just leave it alone and pretend it didn't happen, you're not supposed to talk about it.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 5:09:56 PM

WHAT'S GOING ON?!

First World Problems are going on, my friend.

In all seriousness though, try running the cap under some very hot water for maybe five minutes. It will loosen it up for you.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 8:24:25 PM
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Do it the way a real man does. Squeeze the bottle until it explodes.

Or you could poke a hole through and put a few mint Mentos in there and enjoy the fireworks.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 4:46:30 AM
It could just be the Coke bottles.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~