Jump to topic:

What to do...

ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:08:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
When a guy says he wants to marry you and another says the same, but you don't like either of them and prefer to just be friends, however they want more than friendship...

Should I talk less to them because I've told them both how I feel and they've still kept asking and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I've had a couple of other guys ask me out and umm... Not interested in them either... This is why I'm always hiding when im out in public or don't associate with people unless I really hav to...

What do you suggest? I don't wanna be rude, I just am not interested in them and they know it, but still persist...
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:09:03 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:08:52 AM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
When a guy says he wants to marry you and another says the same, but you don't like either of them and prefer to just be friends, however they want more than friendship...

Should I talk less to them because I've told them both how I feel and they've still kept asking and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I've had a couple of other guys ask me out and umm... Not interested in them either... This is why I'm always hiding when im out in public or don't associate with people unless I really hav to...

What do you suggest? I don't wanna be rude, I just am not interested in them and they know it, but still persist...

Marie you need to ignore the fear of being rude and just flat out say No to them. Give it in a firm yet kind tone so they understand that you're serious about not getting serious.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:14:55 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:09:03 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Marie you need to ignore the fear of being rude and just flat out say No to them. Give it in a firm yet kind tone so they understand that you're serious about not getting serious.
That's the thing, I HAVE done that. But they still say they're not gonna give up.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:31:44 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:14:55 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:

That's the thing, I HAVE done that. But they still say they're not gonna give up.

No one can marry you without your consent. So if you've said no... then just leave it at that. If they want to keep bugging you that's on them. I'd start ignoring them if they were annoying me.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:34:30 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:31:44 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

No one can marry you without your consent. So if you've said no... then just leave it at that. If they want to keep bugging you that's on them. I'd start ignoring them if they were annoying me.
Mmmckay, thanks for sharing :)

And haha of course they can't marry me without my consent.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:40:42 PM

MARRY ME!!!!!!
(I'm just kidding, by the way.)

Is it anyone on this Site, or IRL?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:41:25 PM

well then I say shoot em down and say that there tries will be a waste of their energy
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:44:38 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:41:25 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

well then I say shoot em down and say that there tries will be a waste of their energy

Done that too lol. In fact I'll quote from memory what I said, "wellll, you can keep trying all you want but my answer will remain a straight up *no*" an then would literally walk away after saying that.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:45:59 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:37:19 PM, Cermank wrote:
Oh and don't hide out in public and stuff, life is too short to limit your presence just to make others comfortable

Well It's not just that. I just don't feel comfortable around people anymore in general :/
Online it seems to be different. I seriously don't really have "friends" I talk to some people sometimes but it's rare.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:46:30 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:37:59 PM, NiamC wrote:
I hear tazers are pretty good in a situation like this... :p

Tazers, pepper spray,... Lol both good
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:47:37 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:44:38 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:

Done that too lol. In fact I'll quote from memory what I said, "wellll, you can keep trying all you want but my answer will remain a straight up *no*" an then would literally walk away after saying that.

Have you tried smacking some sense into them
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:48:38 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:40:42 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

MARRY ME!!!!!!
(I'm just kidding, by the way.)

Is it anyone on this Site, or IRL?
C'mon bro, IRL lol. Not the site... I wouldn't marry anyone online haha!
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:49:04 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:46:30 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:

fists...
pirate daggers...

use your imagination! XD
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:49:33 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:47:37 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

I'd only use physical defense if they put they're hands on me first otherwise no I haven't.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 12:50:47 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:49:04 PM, NiamC wrote:

fists...
pirate daggers...

use your imagination! XD

C'mon, don't get me started again!!!
My ahem*cough* secret must remain a secret :P
Soooo shhhhhhhh haha!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 1:01:11 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:49:33 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:

I'd only use physical defense if they put they're hands on me first otherwise no I haven't.

Have you ever taken any self-defense classes?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 1:05:13 PM
At 11/14/2014 12:50:47 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
At 11/14/2014 12:49:04 PM, NiamC wrote:

fists...
pirate daggers...

use your imagination! XD

C'mon, don't get me started again!!!
My ahem*cough* secret must remain a secret :P
Soooo shhhhhhhh haha!

Ahem

She's a pirate!!!
http://38.media.tumblr.com...
http://media.tumblr.com...
https://38.media.tumblr.com...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 1:17:09 PM
At 11/14/2014 1:01:11 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/14/2014 12:49:33 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:

Have you ever taken any self-defense classes?

No but I wrestle with my dad and brother. And they're both 3 times my size. So I can manage defense.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 5:12:47 PM

I can't believe no-one has said this yet but you could always just buy a ring or put a ring on your finger. Then, if someone you aren't interested in ever asks or bugs you, you can just flash the ring at them to show that you're already taken. Of course, if you ARE interested in the guy then you can always tell them it's a ring your dad bought you or something. It's really simple and an incredibly effective way to deal with that problem.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 5:38:28 PM
At 11/14/2014 5:12:47 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I can't believe no-one has said this yet but you could always just buy a ring or put a ring on your finger. Then, if someone you aren't interested in ever asks or bugs you, you can just flash the ring at them to show that you're already taken. Of course, if you ARE interested in the guy then you can always tell them it's a ring your dad bought you or something. It's really simple and an incredibly effective way to deal with that problem.

NOT even joking when I say this, I already do that too. Still doesnt work! Like Im literally wearing the ring on the finger for marriage as I type this. LOL
Like it works sometimes... but because I can't bring myself to lie... when guys ask, are you married, I hesitate to say no because I know why they might be asking... Or, I could say, I am married, but to Jesus :P
That wouldn't be a lie... well, in my case that is!

(my dad didn't get the ring for me, I got it myself, but he did get me a necklace that says, "He who holds the key can unlock my heart"... my necklace has a heart with a shape of a key in the center and my dad has the key necklace I always wear that necklace when Im out too and guys usually ask about it too)...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 5:53:20 PM
At 11/14/2014 5:38:28 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
At 11/14/2014 5:12:47 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

NOT even joking when I say this, I already do that too. Still doesnt work! Like Im literally wearing the ring on the finger for marriage as I type this. LOL
Like it works sometimes... but because I can't bring myself to lie... when guys ask, are you married, I hesitate to say no because I know why they might be asking... Or, I could say, I am married, but to Jesus :P
That wouldn't be a lie... well, in my case that is!

Hahaha, YES, say you are married to Jesus :p

In all seriousness, I'm really surprised the ring-trick isn't working that well for you. You definitely seem to attract the persistent ones huh?!

At that point, I can understand why it'd get frustrating. Alot of boys (notice how I'm not saying men) just lack respect or fail to acknowledge when a girl isn't interested. Just try to focus on yourself as much as possible for now. Continue to deny their advances by all means necessary, and when the day comes for you to start desiring a settled life - take pride in knowing there's multiple guys wanting your hand in marriage. Some women are just too desirable, seems you are one of them ;p

(my dad didn't get the ring for me, I got it myself, but he did get me a necklace that says, "He who holds the key can unlock my heart"... my necklace has a heart with a shape of a key in the center and my dad has the key necklace I always wear that necklace when Im out too and guys usually ask about it too)...

Aw, that's really sweet! I'm totally gonna do that for my daughter someday haha.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 5:56:07 PM

This is called harassment. This is really not an acceptable thing, and downright creepy. You're aware of this right?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 6:11:41 PM

That's on the borderline of sexual harassment in my opinion. If you've had conversations with them saying that you're not interested, try making it more gradually serious with each talk, for example:

Politely tell them that you have no interest, which you already did.

Flat-out tell them that you don't like them, which you already did.

Insist that they should leave and they are really bothering you, which I hope you already did.

Tell them to leave you alone and go away while you're asking politely.

Warn them that you'll resort to self-defense because what they are doing is harassment. If they still follow you, that can now be considered as harassment.

Use self-defense to make them go away if they approach you romantically again. I'm serious. At the very least, show them your bottle of Mace and your lethal marksmanship. ;D

Call a harassment agency or hotline. I never trust hotlines and think they're full of BS, but they might be able to help you. Who knows. Make sure to have some pepper spray ready at all times, though. XD

If none of those options work, seek legal help. This is probably last resort, but there's a fine line between romantic persistence and harassment. When things start to get ugly, and they still won't go away after all of the above steps, things have spiraled out of your control.

Of course, you should probably add several steps in between, because there are some huge jumps between each of the examples above. LOL
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:32:11 PM

Bow & arrows, dull knives and knees to the balls work too.
Or... don't cut your nails... they work efficiently.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:36:14 PM
At 11/14/2014 8:32:11 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

haha okay!
I know LOL
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:38:23 PM

*runs away from Annie*
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 8:47:43 PM
At 11/14/2014 8:38:23 PM, RevNge wrote:

*runs away from Annie*

"Annie, sweetheart, just give up you're not going to do me anything. Just sit down like a good girl and do your work. You should be grateful I'm borrowing your [favourite] pen, out of all the other girls."
*raises hand above my head*
"Keith, you have 5 seconds to drop my pen or I'm going to hurt you, I'm warning you. 5...4..3...[keith laughs] 2... 1..."
*Keith screams and drops pen*
"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?"
"I dug you with my nails. You were warned."
*gets up and walks out of class*

Let's just say he's never tried to bother me again. ;-)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.