Darn...

18Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 10:18:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.buzzfeed.com...

This baby was literally born on the day I turned 15 (I think), and dies the day afterwards. If I had monie to spare, I'd give it to em. Guys, all you need in the world is love, and a little drop of pessimism.
praise the lord Chin Chin
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 11:23:17 AM
As I've told you before, life is precious. Be thankful.
Cause that could have easily been one of us.
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
18Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 12:49:30 AM
At 11/14/2014 11:23:17 AM, ElCorazonAma wrote:

It really isn't. Life is a meaningless collection of ends and means, and ultimately suffering. Life is death. There is no other destiny for it. It is a living nightmare, and there cannot be an objective meaning of life, nor can their be truth. Death is liberation from suffering.
Theophilos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 10:21:14 AM
At 11/15/2014 12:49:30 AM, 18Karl wrote:

It really isn't. Life is a meaningless collection of ends and means, and ultimately suffering. Life is death. There is no other destiny for it. It is a living nightmare, and there cannot be an objective meaning of life, nor can their be truth. Death is liberation from suffering.

Seems an emotional response. Perhaps its wiser not to say that life is meaningless, but rather to redefine what counts as meaning. If you can spend your life in helping people, doing good, then whatever your belief your life should be meaningful.

Don't you think we overestimate the meaning of "meaning". For life to have meaning there isn't a necessity of God's great plan or anything. In the end maybe we can define "meaningful" as a bit more practical.

So to say life is meaningful or meaningless is a subjective statement. To say that life is death is an emotional, literary one. Too objectively subjective for this subjectively objective concept.

Yes, that was literary, I know.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 10:42:48 AM

Life isn't meaningless. It may not have an objective meaning but that is far from meaningless. Life has the meaning you give it. It sounds like you still have yet to give your own life meaning. I would recommend finding some meaning, that is the true way to relieve suffering.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
18Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 10:43:19 AM
At 11/15/2014 10:21:14 AM, Theophilos wrote:

Seems an emotional response. Perhaps its wiser not to say that life is meaningless, but rather to redefine what counts as meaning. If you can spend your life in helping people, doing good, then whatever your belief your life should be meaningful.

The main logical premise of this argument is that life can be made meaningful subjectively, but objectively life is meaningless. However, as you assume, life can be made meaningful by being "altruistic" and yes, some people do make philantrophy the meaning of their lives. But does this not deny the fundamental premise of the the world? We are here. Do we need an explanation of why we are here? Fundamentally, we do not have one, and we do not need one.

Don't you think we overestimate the meaning of "meaning". For life to have meaning there isn't a necessity of God's great plan or anything. In the end maybe we can define "meaningful" as a bit more practical.

So to say life is meaningful or meaningless is a subjective statement.

To say life is meaningful or meaningless is an objective statement; ultimately, there is only one objective answer: life is meaningless, but can be made meaningful. I have seen many people make meaning out of a meaningless life. It is like how people are born innocent, but are soon made guilty.

To say that life is death is an emotional, literary one. Too objectively subjective for this subjectively objective concept.

Life is death. There is no other ends to life. Have you ever seen a man who has live his life in a state of happy existence become immortal? Life leads to death. Death liberates life. Life is a meaningless rendezvous of suffering, and existence is a contemptuous thing. Man suffers in life. He does not find any alternative in it. Happiness seldom comes to a man who thinks that he lives to die. He lives and dies. That is the unfortunate truth of the reality of our lives today.

Yes, that was literary, I know.

Life is death.
18Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 10:45:50 AM
At 11/15/2014 10:42:48 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Life isn't meaningless. It may not have an objective meaning but that is far from meaningless. Life has the meaning you give it. It sounds like you still have yet to give your own life meaning. I would recommend finding some meaning, that is the true way to relieve suffering.

Why would I need meaning in life? Meaning sets us upon one goal. It makes one ignorant. It makes one single-minded. Whatever meaning you give life, it shall always be the same; existence is suffering. Being is suffering. Life is ultimately suffering. Even if one reaches a state of bliss, where suffering is gone, merely breathing is a contemptuous thing to do. Death is liberation from everything, including suffering.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 12:52:57 PM
At 11/15/2014 10:45:50 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 11/15/2014 10:42:48 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Why would I need meaning in life?

The fact that you continue to breathe indicates you have some subconscious meaning, even if you haven't discovered it yet. Or you're a hypocrite.

Meaning sets us upon one goal.

False, it can be one goal, or many goals. And those goals can fluxuate.

It makes one ignorant.

False. Closing one's mind to different ideas makes one ignorant.

It makes one single-minded.

False, because you can have multiple goals, your mind can think and focus on multiple things.

Whatever meaning you give life, it shall always be the same;

False, resulting in the same =\= being the same.

existence is suffering. Being is suffering. Life is ultimately suffering.

All false. Because something may contain suffering or end in suffering does not mean it is suffering.

Even if one reaches a state of bliss, where suffering is gone, merely breathing is a contemptuous thing to do. Death is liberation from everything, including suffering.

So hypocrite is the correct word to describe you?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 11:07:15 AM
At 11/14/2014 10:18:25 AM, 18Karl wrote:

This baby was literally born on the day I turned 15 (I think), and dies the day afterwards. If I had monie to spare, I'd give it to em. Guys, all you need in the world is love, and a little drop of pessimism.

Why would you give them money? That's not going to bring the baby back.
18Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 5:58:04 PM
At 11/18/2014 11:07:15 AM, Defro wrote:

Why would you give them money? That's not going to bring the baby back.

So they could buy a new one?
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 4:17:56 AM

Buzzfeed is like a blackhole on the map of the internet. Its just baits you emotionally and offers no solution. Just unhook yourself from it for a few days and you might find meaning coming slowly back to you.
18Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 4:37:55 AM
At 11/19/2014 4:17:56 AM, fazz wrote:

Buzzfeed is like a blackhole on the map of the internet. Its just baits you emotionally and offers no solution. Just unhook yourself from it for a few days and you might find meaning coming slowly back to you.

This was my only time I've been on the fvcking website?