Jump to topic:

Don't wait for "the one" until it's too late

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 9:34:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
My brother once liked a girl. He would write love poems about her and daydreamed, but she moved to another state after finishing school. She would send him gifts, waiting for him to make a move. I'd see the insecurities on his face as he looked at her gifts. It was his time to shine but he was too insecure to do it. Days turned to weeks, weeks into months, and months into years. Until finally, he heard that she got married to someone else. He was devastated that day as i could hear him crying.

I don't blame her because people don't wait forever. There's time to wait and develop, but the time comes when you have to make a choice and make a "leap of faith." It's not fair to the person waiting because they are spending their time on you. They are reserving a place for you, making you a life priority. They put others on the waiting list just for you when they could be loving others who want to prove themselves, but you were chosen. And you refuse to act all because your insecure? If you don't want them, someone else will gladly take them. Your heart will be crushed as you watch the person you love most love someone else and that person love them in return because it could have been you. I missed out on alot of life's grand opportunities (job offers, etc.) because of fear. Don't wait until it's too late.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 1:40:11 PM
At 11/19/2014 9:34:22 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't blame her because people don't wait forever. There's time to wait and develop, but the time comes when you have to make a choice and make a "leap of faith." It's not fair to the person waiting because they are spending their time on you. They are reserving a place for you, making you a life priority. They put others on the waiting list just for you when they could be loving others who want to prove themselves, but you were chosen. And you refuse to act all because your insecure? If you don't want them, someone else will gladly take them. Your heart will be crushed as you watch the person you love most love someone else and that person love them in return because it could have been you. I missed out on alot of life's grand opportunities (job offers, etc.) because of fear. Don't wait until it's too late.

Or... you could just jump on my bandwagon and die alone, or with an e-bf?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 1:45:57 PM
At 11/21/2014 1:40:11 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

LOL! I can't be alone. I feel i can know myself better when i commit to someone and improve as a whole. I don't marry people online. Maybe i'll have an online relationship but with the agreement that it will lead to us meeting in person for a marriage in real life.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 1:50:13 PM
At 11/21/2014 1:45:57 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

LOL! I can't be alone. I feel i can know myself better when i commit to someone and improve as a whole. I don't marry people online. Maybe i'll have an online relationship but with the agreement that it will lead to us meeting in person for a marriage in real life.

But online relationships are much more fun and sexy tho...

I can be alone. I find comfort in solace.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 1:56:23 PM
At 11/21/2014 1:50:13 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

lol not for me. Online relationships for me are a "toned down" version of a real relationship. I'm limited to what i can actually do in real life. Even if there's lots of things to do online, i'd rather do them in person to see how they'd react.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 1:57:49 PM
At 11/21/2014 1:56:23 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

lol not for me. Online relationships for me are a "toned down" version of a real relationship. I'm limited to what i can actually do in real life. Even if there's lots of things to do online, i'd rather do them in person to see how they'd react.

Not knowing how is even better tho because you can fantasize about how...
Always keep yourself guessing...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 2:02:53 PM
At 11/21/2014 1:57:49 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

lol but the fantasies are just fantasies. If your with them in real life, you know for sure how they'd react because it's a reality. On the other hand, lets face it. You need alot of trust to have an online boy or girl. For all we know, they might be cheating on you behind your back.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 2:04:45 PM
At 11/21/2014 2:02:53 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

lol but the fantasies are just fantasies. If your with them in real life, you know for sure how they'd react because it's a reality. On the other hand, lets face it. You need alot of trust to have an online boy or girl. For all we know, they might be cheating on you behind your back.

That's why you don't get toooooo attached.
For instance, I'm aware Ennie is cheating on me, and therefore I got with Kitty to make him jealous, and because she's just absolutely fantastic... but at the end of the day, I trust and love him, and he feels the same way about me.
[do not tell him xD]
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 2:11:10 PM
At 11/21/2014 2:04:45 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 11/21/2014 2:02:53 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

That's why you don't get toooooo attached.
For instance, I'm aware Ennie is cheating on me, and therefore I got with Kitty to make him jealous, and because she's just absolutely fantastic... but at the end of the day, I trust and love him, and he feels the same way about me.
[do not tell him xD]

As i suspected lol. Now he's about to get jumped LOL! jk. If it's online, i don't give too many chances. I'm dead serious when it comes to relationships, even if it's online. If someone cheated on me online, that's the end of it. I will never have another online relationship with that person again.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 3:00:27 PM
My brother once liked a girl. He would write love poems about her and daydreamed, but she moved to another state after finishing school. She would send him gifts, waiting for him to make a move. I'd see the insecurities on his face as he looked at her gifts. It was his time to shine but he was too insecure to do it. Days turned to weeks, weeks into months, and months into years. Until finally, he heard that she got married to someone else. He was devastated that day as i could hear him crying.
Oh, that's a shame.

I agree.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 3:04:35 PM
At 11/21/2014 3:00:27 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
Oh, that's a shame.

I agree.

Thank you :)