Oppositional Defiance Disorder

Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 3:18:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/19/2014 11:04:33 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
ODD is a bull crap diagnosis. It is just another way for statists to control the population. Free thought is not a disorder.

Disorder just means that there's a problem with the behavior, but it's always interesting to think about WHO has the problem with it and why. That's true for all the behavioral disorders, anxiety, depression, and most if not all of the psychological disorders. It's especially interesting when children are diagnosed, I think.

Which makes me wonder why you pick out ODD specifically, and why you think statists are to blame?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:45:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/19/2014 11:04:33 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
ODD is a bull crap diagnosis. It is just another way for statists to control the population. Free thought is not a disorder.

I'm pretty sure the issue is in regards to how and why they defy.
It isn't free thought if it is just a knee-jerk reaction to authority, and usually the defiance involves action, not passivity.

From the first source I pulled:
persistent pattern of tantrums, arguing, and angry or disruptive behavior
http://www.mayoclinic.org...

This is not challenging authority because they are wrong, it is about challenging authority period. Further, this can branch out to non-government, like doctors, parents, teachers, managers, and even spouses.

Personally, I think the charge is BS, as it sounds like lack of self-control when people don't get their way.
My work here is, finally, done.